Vote for who you actually want

Started by Jannabear, January 09, 2016, 10:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jannabear

To everyone who says "I'm voting for hillary because bernie has no chance"
You're a moron and a coward.
You're a moron because, bernie's poll numbers have been rising, and hillary's falling, and there's really no point in not fighting for your candidate, you're a moron because, in polls, bernie smashes the republican candidates in a general election.
You're a coward because you don't stand up for the candidate who you think is more qualified and intelligent.
Bernie might have a chance considering he just smashed hillary in a debate recently.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-hanley/bernie-sanders-sweeps-onl_b_8847040.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/01/09/as-clinton-says-only-she-can-win-sanders-points-to-the-polls/
Also bernie's followers are much more serious then hillary's, they seem to be much more fervent, much more dedicated, now that doesn't mean they look at him unskeptically, but it does mean that they are welling to go the extra mile to support him, because they realize he is the best out of all the candidates, and can drastically improve the quality of life in the us.
Same goes with any other candidate, just vote for who you want, don't vote for a certain candidate simply because they have a better chance at winning, if you go in favor of someone who is unjust in your eyes, then you in turn, are unjust.

Atheon

In the primaries you fall in love. (Vote for who you want.)
In the general election you fall in line. (Vote for the Democrat.)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

Quote from: Jannabear on January 09, 2016, 10:26:13 PMTo everyone who says "I'm voting for hillary because bernie has no chance"
Does anyone actually say that?  If so, they're morons.

Democrats should vote for who they want in the primaries, but during the general election, there's only going to be one Democratic candidate on the ballot.  If your guy (or gal) loses, then you have to pick someone else.  I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure that's what people typically mean when they say that they'll reluctantly support Hillary.

josephpalazzo

I've clearly explained why voting for Hillary is so important in this post:

http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=8454.msg1109051#msg1109051''

In a general election, electoral votes decide who wins, not popular votes, and only a few states are swing states. Hillary has a greater chance to win those than Bernie.

gentle_dissident

All the candidates seem immature. But then, so do the world's leaders.

Jannabear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on January 09, 2016, 11:24:41 PM

In a general election, electoral votes decide who wins, not popular votes, and only a few states are swing states. Hillary has a greater chance to win those than Bernie.
I honestly  don't care at this point, this country is fucked if we don't get someone like bernie as our president, so even if the odds of him winning are 10 percent I'm in favor of him, I'm fucking sick and tired of pseudo liberals and crazy right wing psychopaths being given power, it's sickening.

Jannabear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on January 09, 2016, 11:24:41 PM

And I think you're greatly underestimating his influence.

Hydra009

To be fair, he is trailing in the polls and he's less likely to win states than Clinton.  It's too early to call, but if there isn't a major change, Clinton will be the nominee.

That said, I of course encourage everyone to vote for whoever they prefer in the primaries.  Just don't go skip the general election when your candidate doesn't win the primary.

Jannabear

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 10, 2016, 12:20:02 AM
To be fair, he is trailing in the polls and he's less likely to win states than Clinton.  It's too early to call, but if there isn't a major change, Clinton will be the nominee.

That said, I of course encourage everyone to vote for whoever they prefer in the primaries.  Just don't go skip the general election when your candidate doesn't win the primary.
I've heard he's doing better at this point then obama was at this point apparently, I may be wrong though.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Jannabear on January 09, 2016, 11:55:00 PM
I honestly  don't care at this point, this country is fucked if we don't get someone like bernie as our president, so even if the odds of him winning are 10 percent I'm in favor of him, I'm fucking sick and tired of pseudo liberals and crazy right wing psychopaths being given power, it's sickening.

If the country is fucked up, it'll be a lot worse if the next president is Republican, whoever that might be. Barring some major catastrophe, Hillary has better  chance to win than Bernie . And not voting in the general election just because your favorite candidate lost the nomination only favors the Republicans. Stats of previous elections show that the lower the voting participation in elections, the greater chance the Republicans stand to win.

Hydra009

Quote from: Jannabear on January 10, 2016, 01:37:38 AM
I've heard he's doing better at this point then obama was at this point apparently, I may be wrong though.
That is true.  Though time will tell if this election will unfold like that one did.

gentle_dissident

The candidates aren't sane people. They're sociopaths. They're not even good at faking it, yet the population can barely tell. Our founding fathers stated that the people should be vigilant for tyranny, but we have been dumbed down while the den of thieves has been practicing their art.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozQe72pJOdQ

josephpalazzo

There are lies and then there are lies. Lies because you want to make yourself look good (Hillary and landing at a Bosnia trip) are despicable, but lies that result in thousands of innocent death (Bush and the WMD's to invade Iraq) are lies on a totally different scale.

gentle_dissident

I wondered if I'd get a comment about the other side being worse. Why settle?

Baruch

Quote from: gentle_dissident on January 10, 2016, 08:12:55 AM
I wondered if I'd get a comment about the other side being worse. Why settle?

If principles matter, don't vote for the lesser of two weavels.  Vote third party.  Voting for the candidate most likely to win ... is triangulating.  The Clintons have mastered that as a policy selector.  Hillary isn't innocent.  After Libya, she is just as guilty as Shrub ... though she was Sec of State, not President.  Obama is simply a less capable version of Shrub ... but they are both war criminals.  And I don't mean Bengazi ... the whole invasion of Libya was also bogus as now shown by Hillary emails ... though we had more inside help in Libya (rebels) than in Iraq.  In the invasion of Iraq, the COTW had to do much more, and the Iraqi Army mostly assisted by "standing down".  So the two don't quite compare ... but apparently in Libya we had France pushing us ... and in Iraq we had GB pushing us (both times).

Jannabear ... I know that you are excited, and politics is divisive ... but you will attract more bees if you turn down the heat.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.