News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What's Up With Christians, & Bloodmoons?

Started by Neal73, March 27, 2015, 07:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neal73

A lot of christians claim that NASA confirms last bloodmoon they can predict is on September 28, and is a sign that something is to happen in Israel. I could not fnd any record of NASA saying any of this. Does anyone know of any such claims? Or have too many people been drinking the koolaid? I just don't understand why they're so obsessed with the bloodmoons? Where are they getting all their information? They seem so sure of themselves. Is there any validity to this? Sorry for some of the gramatical errors. I am typing this on an old cell phone, and it's not being kind to me.
Wissenschaft Erklärt Alle!

Solitary

I haven't hear about any predictions happening from it, but natural events have drove superstitious minded nuts for thousands of years. :wall: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Its probably yet another piece of prophesied bullshit predicting the end of the world like every other event before it.

Oops, actually I looked it up, I dunno what the connection to muslims is, but in the christian take on it, the blood moon is indeed a prophesy predicting the start of the "end time".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Moon_Prophecy

QuoteThe Blood Moon Prophecy is a theory studied and taught by some Christian ministers, such as John Hagee and Mark Biltz, which states that an ongoing tetrad (a series of four consecutive lunar eclipsesâ€"coinciding on Jewish Holidaysâ€"with six full moons in between, and no intervening partial lunar eclipses) which began with the April 2014 lunar eclipse is a sign of the end times as described in the Bible in Acts 2:20 and Revelation 6:12.

heres a little bit of fun bedtime reading.

http://faithskeptic.50megs.com/prophecies.htm
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

AllPurposeAtheist

There are only so many astrological events in a year where you can predict the end of the world so there's money to be made.. Get with the program folks!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

Quote from: Neal73 on March 27, 2015, 07:27:58 PM
A lot of christians claim that NASA confirms last bloodmoon they can predict is on September 28, and is a sign that something is to happen in Israel. I could not fnd any record of NASA saying any of this. Does anyone know of any such claims? Or have too many people been drinking the koolaid? I just don't understand why they're so obsessed with the bloodmoons? Where are they getting all their information? They seem so sure of themselves. Is there any validity to this? Sorry for some of the gramatical errors. I am typing this on an old cell phone, and it's not being kind to me.

This is not a tactic owned by Christianity. All religions try to pull this. I have run into Muslims who like Christians point to verses to prop up their book. I have even run into Hindus who attempt the same. When religion cannot outright debunk science, they attempt to co opt it to justify their comic books.

It is typical human behavior, when a social norm is challenged they don't do the intellectually honest thing and scrap bad data. They instead try to adapt and retrofit after the fact to justify their social norms and comic books. But believe me, this is not a patent tactic owned by Christianity.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Neal73

I just found out NASA has predicted total lunar eclipses all the way to 2019. So I don't know where these Christians are getting their information, or who started this rumor. I know many religions try to use the "bloodmoons" as some sort of prophetic sign, but it seems like more, and more people are freaking out about it, like some sort of new trend. Well at least locally anyways. It just gets under my skin how so many people drink the koolaid, and are so intellectually stubborn. *end rant*
Wissenschaft Erklärt Alle!