News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Obama's Snowflakes

Started by pr126, March 09, 2017, 08:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

What also must be mentioned is the hostility against opposing ideas that incite and results in violence and destruction of property.

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 10, 2017, 01:12:10 AM
Which consequently also means, pr is living in an alternate reality, in case he didn't pick it up.

We all live in alternative realities.  I am here and now, you maybe now, but you aren't here.  Each person is the center of their own mini-universe.  What is interesting is that we can communicate anything, or agree on anything.  That is miraculous.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on March 09, 2017, 11:53:17 PM
I am not alone.
There are quite a lot of people who do not share your reality.
That is why Hillary lost.

Deplorables.  Losers.  Anyone who didn't support the Manifest Destiny of the Clinton crime family, is going to sleep with ... Mr Hastings.  The Sopranos are real, they just aren't Italian-American.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on March 10, 2017, 12:08:28 AM
Of course he is trolling.  Anyone with enough intelligence knows that the popular vote was for Hilary and that the incompetent Electoral College decided to go against the decision of the population.

Not a matter of competence ... the Electoral College ... never has to follow the popular vote ... but they are constrained by individual state law, for the first round of voting.  I wouldn't bother with the popular vote ... I would just let the College of Billionaires decide.  All politics is local.  The Presidential election is a big distraction, just like Mr Trump himself.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on March 10, 2017, 05:20:32 AM
What also must be mentioned is the hostility against opposing ideas that incite and results in violence and destruction of property.

This is why the Roman mob needs bread and circuses.  Things never change, we just think we have progressed.  Did you get your slaves to clean your toga today?  Do you know that whites (cloth) are bleached with human urine, and that Emperor Vespasian has put a tax on human piss?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: pr126 on March 10, 2017, 12:59:51 AM
Do you think that holding a different political view to yours is trolling?

You're trolling. Don't try to make excuses for being an asshat.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on March 10, 2017, 01:48:59 AM
I would gladly tell you what is wrong with the ideology that you are holding , but I am sure that it would be ignored and objected to.

Your minds have been made up that no objective truth can penetrate it any more.

No other ideas will be accepted, because you are absolutely convinced that ONLY yours  is valid, anything else is to be dismissed with extreme prejudice. Decades of indoctrination has taken care of that.

Just like with a deeply religious person, it is an impossibility to apply reason.

If you cannot see yourself what is wrong, then it is futile to explain it to you.   I'll be wasting my time.

Look around the University campuses for clues.

Here is another: The long march through the institutions

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Baruch on March 10, 2017, 06:22:49 AM
We all live in alternative realities.  I am here and now, you maybe now, but you aren't here.  Each person is the center of their own mini-universe.  What is interesting is that we can communicate anything, or agree on anything.  That is miraculous.
I am pretty sure I never denied that

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on March 10, 2017, 03:54:50 AMI'll add my two cent. Simply, pr has his own political outlook, just as everyone else does.
Yeah, but simply having a different political outlook is not the problem.  It's being intellectually dishonest and passing off extremely dubious sources as the unvarnished truth that's the problem.

His latest go-to source is essentially a crank blog peddling articles like "Registering the Poor to Vote is Un-American", "Ben Stein's Intelligent Adventure" (praising Ben Stein's Expelled movie), and "Time for Congress to Declare War on Obama" (and they don't mean that figuratively)

I don't mind discussing things someone with a different viewpoint, even someone who apparently lives on another planet.  PR, on the other hand, will ask the forum why Fox News isn't trusted and gets his answer - a laundry list of factual errors, deceitful reporting, out-and-out lying in addition to being a blatant mouthpiece of the GOP.  His take-away?  Oh, you don't like them because they're conservative.  Very selective perception, apparently.

I've never even seen the guy engage with other people in an intellectually honest way.  Ultimately, that's why he has a terrible rep.

Baruch

Not defending the style of Pr126 but really ...

"It's being intellectually dishonest and passing off extremely dubious sources as the unvarnished truth that's the problem." ... you mean anything a D party operative has to say about anything?  R party operatives are just the same.  Get the nuclear war with Russia going already, we need 200 million fewer idiots in America, now! (sarc).  Really, the last 12 months, the Americans have turned into the Omega missile worshipping mutants from the the second Planet of the Apes movie.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on March 10, 2017, 07:53:42 PMNot defending the style of Pr126 but really ...
"It's being intellectually dishonest and passing off extremely dubious sources as the unvarnished truth that's the problem." ... you mean anything a D party operative has to say about anything?
On the off chance that someone is fooled into thinking you might have something in the vicinity of a point, that's not actually what I'm saying.

I'm not objecting to using "biased" sources.  No one would have a problem with PR posting actual news articles critical of Obama or the Dems or whatever.  Or for starting sincere discussions critical of liberal policies.

I'm talking about regularly shoveling out extremely dubious, fact-free, and embarrassing garbage and passing it off as some grand truth and then pretending that people are just against you purely for having a different opinion when your behavior earns you a poor reputation.

Munch

I believe the point Baruch is making, is that both sides do the exact same thing, when so far to one side of the political spectrum.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on March 10, 2017, 08:28:59 PMI believe the point Baruch is making, is that both sides do the exact same thing, when so far to one side of the political spectrum.
He seems to be under the impression that a vat of raw sewage and a reddening bag of lettuce are both equally disgusting.  But whatever, you at least bring up a valid point.

Yes, there's definitely a lot of bullshit spread by the extreme edges of both sides of the political spectrum.  I'm not happy with some of my liberal contemporaries, and I hope I've made that clear in my posting history.  But I've gotta say, I have yet to see a liberal on AF post a mirror version of what PR's been selling lately.  My guess is that it would be just as poorly received.

Gawdzilla Sama

Don't try to speak Baruchistani, there's no equivalents in any terrestrial language. Just skim and roll on.
PZ Myers