News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Fox News?

Started by pr126, January 21, 2017, 12:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Could someone explain why FOX News is so detested by the AF?
How are they worse than any other main stream news channels ?

(I am not an American)

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on January 21, 2017, 12:16:07 AM

(I am not an American)

Rupert Murdoch (does great things in Australia and GB also), Mr Ailes (recently fired for sexual harassment); connection to Republican propaganda, candidates and psyop of all kinds ... like Salon over in Democrat central committee.

Partisanship ... which I generically despise them for ... but then I despise (over this past election year) Salon and other Democrat party propaganda organs.  If even one of them had genuinely supported Bernie ... I could forgive them.  For two Presidential elections in a row, Fox News has supported the freak show that is the Republican party primary lineup.  Trump schooled them however, not just the liberal media.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on January 21, 2017, 12:16:07 AM

(I am not an American)

Because it's so intensely biased to push conservative agendas that it is flat out unreliable. They blatantly lie and deliver half-truths.

Other mainstream media outlets are also pretty bad, but Fox news is so bad that they are a parody of themselves.

If it makes you feel better, there are tons of liberal media outlets that are equally absolute shit as Fox news and The Blaze, as well.

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 21, 2017, 12:36:30 AM
Because it's so intensely biased to push conservative agendas that it is flat out unreliable. They blatantly lie and deliver half-truths.

Other mainstream media outlets are also pretty bad, but Fox news is so bad that they are a parody of themselves.

If it makes you feel better, there are tons of liberal media outlets that are equally absolute shit as Fox news and The Blaze, as well.

It is maybe a bad thing to propagandize the voters, but particularly poor form to do it incompetently and blatantly.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 21, 2017, 12:36:30 AM

Yeah, lots of news outlets get stuff wrong or present true things in an intentionally misleading way.  But Fox News takes it to the next level, becoming practically synonymous with lying.  Fox News is the media equivalent of conservapedia, and anyone who hasn't figured that out yet probably never will.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 21, 2017, 01:24:33 AM
Yeah, lots of news outlets get stuff wrong or intentionally misleading.  Yet Fox News takes it to the next level, becoming practically synonymous with lying.  Fox News is the media equivalent of conservapedia, and anyone who hasn't figured that out yet probably never will.
Jesus. Those photo manipulations... what the fuck? lol I didn't even know they went that low

Atheon

Fox News has a strong right-wing bias and is therefore untrustworthy as a news source. That's why.

I remember following 9/11 they deliberately showed footage of a Palestinian wedding celebration to make viewers think that they were celebrating the terrorist attacks. Fox News routinely lies, and even sued for the right to lie, and won.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Shiranu

The major difference I see is, like many things in this "left v right" debate, is that FOX is just so disgustingly deceitful and unwilling to admit it... but that there is not an even remotely equal left leaning rag that mirrors it in terms of popularity and reaching power.

It feels very much like the "SJW" debate; while we cry over issues ten states away, that a few people decided on, that effects no one out side their community but somehow heralds the end of the great, free America we know... the exact opposite group controls the house, the Senate, the supreme court and now the presidency and are actively passing laws that actually effect everyone, but that's more-or-less okay because we have to hate both sides equally and thus focusing on them is wrong, or how dare someone's gender or sexuality differ from mine and they want to be treated the same as anyone else. Shit, we just had someone ask what is wrong with mocking the disabled.

It's part of the reason I have been phasing this forum out of my routine, and I think it's the same reason many other's have as well; for a group of "free thinkers" it becomes extremely closed minded and toxic if you don't hate the same people we do.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

QuoteBecause it's so intensely biased to push conservative agendas that it is flat out unreliable.

I see now. Thanks for clearing it up.

Here is my opinion.

I do not think there is any major difference in the two political parties.
Americans (and other countries) are fooled that it makes a difference. It does not.
The name of the game is to seize power. Other than that, they are self serving politicians, looking after themselves.

Here in the UK we have the labour and the conservative party.
In the last election the conservative party won.

Absolutely nothing changed, except the Prime Minister. 
Might as well not bothered voting at all. ( I didn't)

“If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”  - Mark Twain

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on January 21, 2017, 01:48:54 AM

Here is my opinion.

Americans (and other countries) are fooled that it makes a difference. It does not.
The name of the game is to seize power. Other than that, they are self serving politicians, looking after themselves.

Here in the UK we have the labour and the conservative party.
In the last election the conservative party won.

Absolutely nothing changed, except the Prime Minister. 
Might as well not bothered voting at all. ( I didn't)

“If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”  - Mark Twain

IT'S NOT THAT IT'S CONSERVATIVE; IT'S THAT THEY FLAT OUT LIE. THEY ARE SYNONYMOUS WITH LYING. IF ALL YOU GOT OUT OF THIS WAS "I don't like Fox News because it's conservative media" YOU'RE ARE BLATANTLY IGNORING THE FACTS AND POINTS WE BROUGHT UP.

For fuck's sake, dude. Out of all the things we supplied you with for your question, that is all you got from it???

PickelledEggs

Like..... Hydra even linked you with direct examples of why they are a useless news source. It has nothing to do with them being conservative. It's that they have practically zero truth in their broadcasts

Atheon

Quote from: pr126 on January 21, 2017, 01:48:54 AM

Here is my opinion.

Trump's presidency is making plain that there is a stark difference between the two.

The parties are diametrically opposed on the following issues (not an exhaustive list):
Abortion, gay marriage (and gay rights in general), global warming (and environmental issues in general), church/state separation, healthcare, taxation of the rich, education, ... and that only scratches the surface.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 21, 2017, 02:56:06 AM
IT'S NOT THAT IT'S CONSERVATIVE; IT'S THAT THEY FLAT OUT LIE.
The two go hand in hand.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Atheon on January 21, 2017, 03:32:30 AM
The two go hand in hand.
Not the point.

Sent from your mom.

pr126

News for you.

All Mainstream Media lies.
Either by fabrication, distortion or by omission. Period.

All depends on which lies you want to hear.