Terrorist Attacks In Brussels

Started by drunkenshoe, March 22, 2016, 05:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: kilodelta on March 24, 2016, 04:35:14 PM
Islam has a role within these Islamic terrorist groups...

Of course it has. What brought them together; made them a powerful organisation spreading death is not Islam though. This is the issue here.

Islam is their 'nationality' and 'country'; a collective identity, a strict manual; set of rules and laws to check-control each other, set limits and use as a glue.

What did you think they would do? Sit down and write an independent constitution of their own, create another myth to support it and found a new 'system'? 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

AllPurposeAtheist

Hmm..somehow Bush's war of dropping tons and tons of bombs on Iraq was somehow so much nicer than anything any Muslim could possibly ever do? You're either with us or against us and they hate freedom,  blah fucking blah.... Oh yeah.. Bush = good Muslim = bad..  I must have forgotten the script..
And don't forget,  the janitorial staff sanitized it all for your protection.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Westerners are unhappy, sort of ... if Muslim terrorists kill other Muslims.  We really get our panties in a wad if Muslim terrorists kill non-Muslims.  We are special, Muslims are not special.  Americans are the most special non-Muslims.  Narcissism 101 can explain this.

The idea that Muslim terrorists, might be Muslim ... is considered totally unexpected.

The idea that non-Muslims like to kill lots of people, in non-terrorist ways ... but by distance weapons from drones ... is considered civilized, and non-terrorizing of our targets.  Palestinians use woefully inadequate rockets.  Israelis use very effective phosphorus.  Israelis are civilized, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on March 24, 2016, 07:15:14 AM
But it has nothing to do with Islam. Has it?

http://youtu.be/hFyhY8WVCm0

You just proved that all the terrorists are O J Simpson or Michael Jordan!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

ISIS has no more to do with Islam than Jim Jones had to do with Christianity. It's a cult.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 24, 2016, 06:59:18 PM
ISIS has no more to do with Islam than Jim Jones had to do with Christianity. It's a cult.
What is the difference between a cult and a religion?????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

pato15

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 24, 2016, 07:33:45 PM
What is the difference between a cult and a religion?????
Numbers. And Islam has done juuuust a bit better than Jim Jones when it comes to numbers.
To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

Cocoa Beware

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 24, 2016, 06:59:18 PM

ISIS is actually doing many of the things Mohammed did, he was a 7th century warlord after all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AD6Bov8Uds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxVIg4nLebc

Mike Cl

Quote from: pato15 on March 24, 2016, 07:57:26 PM
Numbers. And Islam has done juuuust a bit better than Jim Jones when it comes to numbers.
So a religion is a bigger cult.  Or a small religion is a cult.  Or is a cult a poor religion; since Islam clearly is not poor--and it is large; so it can't be a cult.  I guess.  Or is a cult a lessor known religion?  Or maybe a cult is everything but the religion one believes in?

I really don't see a difference between a religion and a cult.  It is the classic 'the victors write history.' 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 24, 2016, 10:15:54 PM
So a religion is a bigger cult.  Or a small religion is a cult.  Or is a cult a poor religion; since Islam clearly is not poor--and it is large; so it can't be a cult.  I guess.  Or is a cult a lessor known religion?  Or maybe a cult is everything but the religion one believes in?

I really don't see a difference between a religion and a cult.  It is the classic 'the victors write history.'

Political parties are also cults, even if they aren't religions.  We all belong to one or more cults.  There is no clean underwear here.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 24, 2016, 10:17:51 PM
Political parties are also cults, even if they aren't religions.  We all belong to one or more cults.  There is no clean underwear here.
Hmmmm......okay then, how would you define 'cult'?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 24, 2016, 10:26:32 PM
Hmmmm......okay then, how would you define 'cult'?

That's easy.  Two or more people get together and cook up some bullshit.  Bullshit is always better when it is shared among friends, even better when evangelized to outsiders.  There is religious bullshit, but there is also political bullshit (they are often found together).  I no more believe in George Washington, than I believe in the Tooth Fairy.  George may be historical, but history is just another kind of bullshit ... the George we are taught about isn't the real McCoy ... his last name isn't even McCoy.

Yes, people have argued about cult vs religion based on size or social demographic ... but that is just more bullshit.

So if I say that I like Sanders more than Trump ... all I am saying is, I like one guy's bullshit better than another guy's bullshit.  Is that Jim Jones enough for you?  Don't drink the cool-aid!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 24, 2016, 10:45:17 PM
That's easy.  Two or more people get together and cook up some bullshit.  Bullshit is always better when it is shared among friends, even better when evangelized to outsiders.  There is religious bullshit, but there is also political bullshit (they are often found together).  I no more believe in George Washington, than I believe in the Tooth Fairy.  George may be historical, but history is just another kind of bullshit ... the George we are taught about isn't the real McCoy ... his last name isn't even McCoy.

Yes, people have argued about cult vs religion based on size or social demographic ... but that is just more bullshit.

So if I say that I like Sanders more than Trump ... all I am saying is, I like one guy's bullshit better than another guy's bullshit.  Is that Jim Jones enough for you?  Don't drink the cool-aid!
Yeah, that's Jim Jones enough for me.  Cool-aid--haven't had any of that since childhood, I think.  Used to like it.  And my mom did teach me to never accept cool-aid from ministers.  She was smart.

'Cult' is one of those meaningless words that is thrown around--meaningless in that it just can't be defined.

Shiranu

Cult: a particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies.

However, pop-culture wise...

a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader..

In the West, Islam would be a cult. In the East, Christianity so. It's all what side of the fence you were born on.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

People say that ISIS is murdering Muslims. How can that be?

Those Muslims have been declared by ISIS as apostates, hypocrites that according to the Islamic scriptures can be and should be killed.

See Quran 4:89 and various hadits.

4: 89: And they wish that you should disbelieve like they have, then you will be equal; so take them not as your friends until they migrate in the Path of Allah. And if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or helper.

Any Muslim who disagrees in any way with ISIS (therefore with Islam) is an apostate to be killed. End of story.