Tyler, Texas Man Has Found Fossils From Noah's Flood

Started by stromboli, March 17, 2016, 08:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.cbs19.tv/story/31488856/tyler-man-says-he-found-fossils-from-noahs-flood

QuoteTYLER (KYTX) - One East Texas man believes he found fossils from Noah’s flood and a self-proclaimed fossil expert says he's right.

“From Noah’s flood to my front yard, how much better can it get,” Wayne Propst said.

Propst is stunned. He was helping his aunt lay some dirt outside her home in Tyler when he found this.

“What's really interesting to me is we're talking about the largest catastrophe known to man, the flood that engulfed the entire world,” Propst said.

He called up self-proclaimed fossil expert Joe Taylor who confirmed that what Propst found is in fact from the time of Noah’s ark and he says finding those fossils in Tyler is rare.

“I've never heard of anything about that from over there, I'm surprised he found it there,” Taylor said.

For days, Wayne and his aunt Sharon have been combing through this dirt with the help of some neighborhood kids.

“I just take my toothbrush and work on it until we get it,” Wayne’s aunt Sharon Givan said.

And send pictures off to Taylor.

“To think that like he says that we have something in our yard that dated back to when God destroyed the earth. I mean, how much better could anything be,” Givan said.

For a man who loved dinosaurs as a kid, Propst says this couldn't be any cooler.

“Now all I got to do is go in front of my aunt's house and pick up something from back when it all began. I don't even have to search anymore,” Propst said.

For the record, we have not independently verified if the rocks are in fact historic.

Well yeehaw and boy howdy. Darn near shit a brick when I read that there. In other news a Tyler, Texas woman named Maybelle Dawson has seen the face of Jesus in her cheerios this morning.

sdelsolray

Yeah, Joe Taylor, self-proclaimed fossil expert can date a fossil over the phone even before the pictures are sent.

Stunning.

aitm

Joe Taylor is a nut job from Crosbyton texas who has a "bona fide" museum there that proves ancient men were giants with 6' femurs. Met the guy by accident when I was building an addition to the Crosbyton High School Gymnasium back in……sheesh…..01-02. They guy looks every bit as bat shit crazy as one has to be to proclaim some of the shit that falls out of his brain. In less that 20 seconds after the accidental meeting I already had been informed that god personally left evidence of the flood "over every square inch of earth" just waiting to be "stumbled upon".  Picture the image of the wild haired Doc from Back to the future..toss in a good dose of Ed Clampett intelligence and the stunning vernacular of gabby hayes and you have a spot on taylor….complete whack job
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

TomFoolery

QuoteFor a man who loved dinosaurs as a kid, Propst says this couldn't be any cooler.

Dinosaurs? Doesn't he mean Jesus horses?
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

FinalSomnia

The one thing I know about the town of Tyler, Texas, is that they have the Tyler Rose Nursery right next to the interstate and that makes my inner Doctor Who fan giggle.
Heaven is no more than a carrot on a string at the end of a tunnel; Hell is no more than a gunbarrel at the back of your head.  When we are good people for the sake of being good people, we\'ll have no further use for religion.

Nonsensei

And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Baruch

Quote from: sdelsolray on March 17, 2016, 09:34:43 PM
Yeah, Joe Taylor, self-proclaimed fossil expert can date a fossil over the phone even before the pictures are sent.

Stunning.

Common in Texas.  That is how the coroner determined the cause of death in the Scalia case ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

In Missouri, not far from St. Loser, you can find fossil coral in limestone beds hundreds of feet deep.

Yeah, Goddidit.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

widdershins

This sentence is a lie...

TomFoolery

Quote from: widdershins on March 18, 2016, 10:13:45 AM
Ugh, why do we still have Texas?

Because it's a damn good state! It has just about every kind of landscape you could imagine, vibrant urban centers, beautiful rural areas, an extremely diverse population, and amazing barbecue. Also a lot of ultra-conservative bigots and churches, but if you got rid of those, it would easily be the best state in the union.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Blackleaf

Quote from: widdershins on March 18, 2016, 10:13:45 AM
Ugh, why do we still have Texas?

Hey, we don't want to be a part of your "United States" anymore anyway, with your gay marriage, your President who's trying to take our guns away, and your unspanked children. #secede
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: TomFoolery on March 18, 2016, 10:28:25 AM
Because it's a damn good state! It has just about every kind of landscape you could imagine, vibrant urban centers, beautiful rural areas, an extremely diverse population, and amazing barbecue. Also a lot of ultra-conservative bigots and churches, but if you got rid of those, it would easily be the best state in the union.
Too hot for me.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

AllPurposeAtheist

Over the phone,  huh? This must be why nobody should ever go to the hospital. Instead just pick up the phone and have a doctor tell you just how to perform brain surgery. Xrays and MRI's? Too expensive.. Just dial 1-800-brainhacks..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

TomFoolery

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 18, 2016, 01:30:36 PM
Over the phone,  huh? This must be why nobody should ever go to the hospital. Instead just pick up the phone and have a doctor tell you just how to perform brain surgery. Xrays and MRI's? Too expensive.. Just dial 1-800-brainhacks..

Yeah, it's a bit like the argument I got into with my sister's friend when I made a comment that chiropractors were bunk. She told me I was dumb and uneducated and she knew far more than me because she had the science degrees and a doctorate to prove it. Her bachelors is in psychology and her doctorate is from a chiropractic school. Sorry, but a certified phrenology degree wouldn't make your claims about the legitimacy of phrenology valid, just like a degree from a Bible college doesn't make someone an archeologist, paleontologist, or anthropologist.

aitm

My sister-in-law has a masters, I forget what it is in, but one would think that even a masters in some mindless drivel would at least suggest a level of education slightly above the average high school graduate. Alas..she thinks a carpenter is a person who puts down carpet.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust