Chicago Trump Rally Cancelled

Started by chill98, March 11, 2016, 09:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nonsensei

The rest of your post is complete, fabricated bullshit but I wanted to respond to this:

QuoteYeah.  I thought I was clear.  Let me say it again

I get to decide for myself what I think is racist.

This really is one of the most amusing things I've ever seen said on this forum and, believe me, you've got some serious competition.

Unfortunately for you, reality intrudes. Racism has an actual definition. Its not some intangible that exists in a zone of ambiguity for you to freely manipulate as you please. I won't be so tiresome as to post the definition of racism, since I'm absolutely certain that you and everyone else here knows it.

When Trump says ban Muslims, hes talking about the people his supporters would refer to as "shit skins". When he says build a wall to keep the Mexicans out, he's talking about the people his supporters would refer to as "wetbacks". His policies discriminate against 'brown people', and that discrimination is racism. There really is no other way to slice it. By defending Trump, you are defending a racist and joining the ranks of disgruntled southern blue collar morons who are just aghast that niggers are allowed to drink from what should be the whites only fountain.

Your opinion on whether or not something is racist has no bearing on whether or not it actually is racist. Thats just you flatly denying obvious racism so you can pretend you aren't supporting a racist.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

chill98

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 13, 2016, 10:18:17 AM
Proof, please.
Mexican police corruption is well documented.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_corruption_in_Mexico

Trump does not say what border agents relayed the info to him, but I do believe our border guards are much more resistant to such things.  But not immune.

Quote - Madrid, a 20-year veteran, is one of 177 agency employees who have faced corruption charges since 2005, according to CBP spokesman Roger Maier.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/31/border-patrol-poster-boy-arrest-new-report-bare-agency-corruption-issue.html

You can search for more info yourself. 

chill98

Ms. Peterson, who was born in West Berlin in 1946 and became an American citizen in 1982, said she took offense to the comparison of Mr. Trump to Hitler.

“They said Trump is a second Hitler,” Ms. Peterson said. “I said do you know what that sign stands for? Do you know who Hitler really was?”

“I make the point that they are demonstrating something they had no knowledge about,” she said. “If you want to do it right, you do it right. You don’t know what you are doing.”

That is when she made the Nazi salute â€" a gesture that is banned in Germany â€" as a form of counterprotest. But that is all it was, she said.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/12/trump-supporter-who-made-nazi-salute-explains-why-she-made-the-gesture/?_r=0

Wiki Quote:  During the period when it was used with the Pledge of Allegiance, it was sometimes known as the "flag salute". Later, during the 1920s and 1930s, Italian fascists and Nazis adopted a salute which had a similar form, and which was derived from the so-called Roman salute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellamy_salute

Shiranu

Quote from: chill98 on March 13, 2016, 03:21:24 PM
Ms. Peterson, who was born in West Berlin in 1946 and became an American citizen in 1982, said she took offense to the comparison of Mr. Trump to Hitler.

“They said Trump is a second Hitler,” Ms. Peterson said. “I said do you know what that sign stands for? Do you know who Hitler really was?”

“I make the point that they are demonstrating something they had no knowledge about,” she said. “If you want to do it right, you do it right. You don’t know what you are doing.”

That is when she made the Nazi salute â€" a gesture that is banned in Germany â€" as a form of counterprotest. But that is all it was, she said.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/12/trump-supporter-who-made-nazi-salute-explains-why-she-made-the-gesture/?_r=0

Wiki Quote:  During the period when it was used with the Pledge of Allegiance, it was sometimes known as the "flag salute". Later, during the 1920s and 1930s, Italian fascists and Nazis adopted a salute which had a similar form, and which was derived from the so-called Roman salute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellamy_salute

So her logic as a Trump supporter, to prove they have nothing in common with the Nazi's, was to put up the Nazi salute...

Not a Nazi then, just not a very bright woman.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

chill98

Quote from: Shiranu on March 13, 2016, 04:14:25 PM
So her logic as a Trump supporter, to prove they have nothing in common with the Nazi's, was to put up the Nazi salute...

She probably isn't aware of Godwin's law

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Just like you had no idea who Bellamy was.

Shiranu

Quote from: chill98 on March 13, 2016, 04:39:59 PM
She probably isn't aware of Godwin's law

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Just like you had no idea who Bellamy was.

Just...stop. I am starting to feel sad for you :(.

Just to make sure I'm not missing anything...

A. Trump isn't racist despite multiple racist remarks, because you get to decide what is or isn't racist.
B. Trump shouldn't be called on advocating war crimes because Obama did it too so it's okay.
C. Trump didn't call for banning Muslim immigration strictly on the grounds of what religion the person follows means they are a threat.
D. A woman admitting that she did a Nazi salute means people are making unjustified comparisons to her doing a Nazi salute.

I miss anything?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

chill98

Quote from: Shiranu on March 13, 2016, 04:47:43 PM
So doing the Nazi salute has actually nothing to do with Nazism, especially when she said it did.

did you not read what she said?

She explained herself quite clearly.

And it is likely, she has no knowledge of Bellamy either.

But its not me trying to assign a nazi connection to trump; rather its you.

http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-nazi-salute/

Godwins law and all....

Baruch

Fascism didn't come to the US with Trump ... it was here before it was in Germany.  Ever hear of the KKK?

People who went to sleep and dreamed that the US was some sort of Blue Pill utopia, have had a rude awakening.  Maybe time for them to grow up.

When they start rounding up random people off the street for "enhanced interrogation" because they want to put the fear of Koch Brothers into the population ... then you need to worry.  The Establishment was nearly ready to do this with Occupy ... but Occupy backed down (bought off?).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: chill98 on March 13, 2016, 04:54:41 PM
did you not read what she said?

She explained herself quite clearly.

And it is likely, she has no knowledge of Bellamy either.

http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-nazi-salute/

Godwins law and all....

"I'm offended that people compare trump to Hitler, so I'm going to do the Nazi salute while wearing a trump shirt to show how different the two are!"

Brilliant.

Also, where did I compare him to Hitler? You are just blindly throwing shit from your keys left and right and leaving a mess all over yourself.

chill98

Quote from: Shiranu on March 13, 2016, 04:47:43 PM

Just to make sure I'm not missing anything...

A. Trump isn't racist despite multiple racist remarks, because you get to decide what is or isn't racist.
B. Trump shouldn't be called on advocating war crimes because Obama did it too so it's okay.
C. Trump didn't call for banning Muslim immigration strictly on the grounds of what religion the person follows means they are a threat.
D. A woman admitting that she did a Nazi salute means people are making unjustified comparisons to her doing a Nazi salute.

I miss anything?
A.  YES  For the 3rd Time.  I get to decide for myself what I think is racist
B.  Yes.  He has a clearer grasp of the situation than you.  I make that determination based on Obama's continued targeting of terrorists with 90% of causalities being civilian.  I don't believe for a minute Obama would do it unless he saw no other option.  Trump won't have better options and he's telling you STRAIGHT up he's not afraid to make those kinds of decisions.
C. Oh, now your changing your story?  Before it was because they don't worship like him.  And Immigration Reform needs to be looked at.
D. quote - “I make the point that they are demonstrating something they had no knowledge about,” she said. “If you want to do it right, you do it right. You don’t know what you are doing.”

Similarly, YOU don't know what you are talking about.  Hence my link to the snopes article.

Baruch

Please y'all don't have a cardiac, over who is running or who gets elected.  We survived Shrub.

Sanders isn't the next Stalin, and Trump isn't the next Hitler.  Both are all American bull-shit thank you very much.  But I prefer American bull-shit to any other kind.  There were people who hated FDR ... and he was still a great President, in spite of their hate.  There were people who hated Churchill ... and he was still a great PM, in spite of their hate.  And both FDR and Churchill were not paragons of virtue.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

chill98

Quote from: Shiranu on March 13, 2016, 04:59:56 PM
"I'm offended that people compare trump to Hitler, so I'm going to do the Nazi salute while wearing a trump shirt to show how different the two are!"

Brilliant.

Also, where did I compare him to Hitler? You are just blindly throwing shit from your keys left and right and leaving a mess all over yourself.
You really can't process information well can you?

What I said:

Where did I accuse YOU of comparing Trump to Hitler?

Why dont you go back and read the fucking caption of the pic YOU posted. 

Shiranu

*sigh*

I'm going to give you one more chance to prove you are actually being serious and just don't realise the stupidity in what you are saying rather than actually believing what you are saying. So I will try to make this detailed and insult free, so you hopefully see what you keep saying for several pages now that is wrong.

QuoteA.  YES  For the 3rd Time.  I get to decide for myself what I think is racist

What you think is or isn't racist is irrelevant. That is not how language works; you don't get to pick and choose what a word means. I could say I don't find calling someone with Downs Syndrome retarded offensive, or that I don't think calling African Americans niggers while waving a Confederate flag is offensive, but that doesn't change the fact that those things are both offensive and, in the second case, racist.

The point of the matter is that the vast majority of Mexicans found him stereotyping their race as rapists and criminals offensive, and by the very definition of racism it IS racist.

QuoteB.  Yes.  He has a clearer grasp of the situation than you. 

Please prove that. In what way is Trump more qualified than any other non-government personal with classified information to determine what is or isn't appropriate military action?

I can tell you what actual experts have said, people who's careers revolve around knowing about these type of things; they say that the mass killings of civilians creates more and more terrorists, destroys our legitimacy both in terms of appearing as a "positive" or "good" force in the region as well as our statements that we are trying to make a positive change, and it makes our international allies view us in a less positive light. They tell us that torture is not proven to be an effective form of intelligence gathering and again creates only more animosity amongst neutral and friendly parties than it does intimidation and submission from our enemies.

QuoteTrump won't have better options and he's telling you STRAIGHT up he's not afraid to make those kinds of decisions.

There are better options, and Obama has made some; get the international community involved. Stop running drone strikes where we have no business running drones. Stop trying to turn the entire Middle East into one giant war zone because we have to "strike at them before they strike at us." That only works for so long before it turns from preventive defense to unjustified sustained aggression and damages our reputation.

Telling me or anyone else that he is not afraid to break international human rights agreements and laws should scare me, you and everyone else. There is nothing that should be more terrifying than that other than calls for outright genocide and oppression. It should be an absolute last resort, not an enthusiastic, "Yeah lets go kill us some civilians!" like Trump and his supporters scream.

There lies the difference; I have called Obama on it before, but at least Obama never took pride in it. Obama had shame about it, tried to cover it and never bragged about it. Trump want's to trumpet his enthusiasm for committing war crimes loud and to the nation. I really hope you see the difference there.

QuoteC. Oh, now your changing your story?  Before it was because they don't worship like him.

When I say they don't worship like him, I am saying they are Muslim. Muslims and Christians do not worship in the same way. The remark was a way of saying the same thing without using the exact same words, something you are taught to do to avoid over-saturation of the same phrase. This is what I have tried to explain several times; my sentence means the exact same thing as saying, "...because they are Muslim."

QuoteAnd Immigration Reform needs to be looked at.

I agree, but here is the issue; Trump wants to look at it and make it worse. It's one thing to respect him for at least addressing it, but the problem is that he sees the issue and wants to throw gasoline on the fire. That is not helpful. Immigration reform needs to address how many innocent people are deported, how many hard working people are deported, rather than trying to ban as many people from coming in. Our economy runs on immigration and turning away people who are willing to pay taxes and work hard or people who are fleeing from war, violence and death is neither economically or ethically acceptable.

Trump only cares about security reform, and making security stricter and stricter, rather than making immigration a smoother process for those who should be here and providing support to those who obey our laws. We likewise need to provide more security against exploitation of illegal labour and provide them with opportunities to invest in insurance and bringing their families here legally. Trump just assumes that these people are likely criminals and thus are terrible people who need to be sent back.

QuoteD. quote - “I make the point that they are demonstrating something they had no knowledge about,” she said. “If you want to do it right, you do it right. You don’t know what you are doing.”

Again... she is trying to make Trump look less like the Nazi party by throwing up probably the second most defining symbol after the swastika of the Nazi party while wearing a Trump shirt.

To use a shitty comparison, it's like saying... "Bah, these people don't know what real racism is. I'll prove my side isn't racist by showing real racism... HEY, nigger, go back to Africa you ape! Look at this Confederate flag! Yeah you chinese squint eye, go back to a cave and get blown up you ni hao chop souy! There we go, that will prove we aren't racist!"

That doesn't "show what real racism is", it just sets you up in a situation where you are going to make what ever side your supporting look even more racist (or Nazi) then people are even accusing it of being. You don't prove you aren't racist or aren't "nazi" by cranking the racist/nazi meter up. All she achieved was create a brilliant photo-op for exactly what happened to happen; people to interpret her actions as Nazi support for Trump.

As for the over-all theme of the post, I think it stands; Trump is about as close to the text book definition of a fascist as any politican has come lately; "an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization. / extreme right-wing, authoritarian, or intolerant views or practice."

Nationalistic? Check. Right wing? Check. Authoritarian? He want's to get rid of laws that protect people's free speech to criticize him, wants to commit war crimes, want's to close our borders and ban groups he doesn't approve of, says he will make people do what he tells them to...

chill98

Quote from: Shiranu on March 13, 2016, 05:43:25 PM
*sigh*

I'm going to give you one more chance to prove you are actually being serious and just don't realise the stupidity in what you are saying rather than actually believing what you are saying. So I will try to make this detailed and insult free, so you hopefully see what you keep saying for several pages now that is wrong.

Hows this for serious?

Shove your ADHD up your ass and bugger off.