Trump: I could shoot people in streets and not lose support

Started by josephpalazzo, January 24, 2016, 07:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: Mermaid on January 24, 2016, 10:11:51 AM
The worst thing about that statement: He's right.

Unless he shot somebody from a trailer park?....  :celebrate:

doorknob

Actually I agree with him on this one. People who support him aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed.

Nonsensei

And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

AllPurposeAtheist

Murder is still murder and whether trump realizes it or not premeditated murder is still illegal in all 50 states. Being a trump supporter doesn't automatically make anyone a law maker..Even within the rube party there are more than enough people who would want him locked up.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

TomFoolery

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on January 24, 2016, 03:56:21 PM
Murder is still murder and whether trump realizes it or not premeditated murder is still illegal in all 50 states.

I don't think he was insinuating he could kill someone and legally get away with it, just politically.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: TomFoolery on January 24, 2016, 04:12:08 PM
I don't think he was insinuating he could kill someone and legally get away with it, just politically.
I'm hoping that's exactly what he means.. Donald Trump in prison?  Oh let it be so..

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on January 24, 2016, 03:56:21 PM
Murder is still murder and whether trump realizes it or not premeditated murder is still illegal in all 50 states. Being a trump supporter doesn't automatically make anyone a law maker..Even within the rube party there are more than enough people who would want him locked up.

It isn't murder when the CIA does it, or Obama does it.  At the highest levels of the State ... there are no laws, except that of survival at any cost.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Mermaid on January 24, 2016, 10:11:51 AM
The worst thing about that statement: He's right.

The man is always testing the crowd: if he says something that brings a lot of applause then the next time, he'll push further on; if it doesn't, he'll drop the subject entirely in his next speech. The man is an entertainer, and he knows it. The culture has been dummy down to such a level that Trump is just right person to take advantage of that. Reagan was the first entertainer to make a breakthrough, the Don is following in those footsteps. Reagan was a disaster by bringing in the religious crazies into the GOP. As for Trump, the verdict is still out there. Does he win the nomination? If yes, does he win the presidency? If yes, the US will be entertaining the rest of the world in ways that were unprecedented in the past.

AllPurposeAtheist

Reagan might have brought in the religious crazies, but Dumpster Trump just scored the endorsement of Mr Religious Crazy himself,  Jerry Falwell Jr. which has REALLY pissed off Ted Cruz.. Cruz was all but sucking Falwells dick for the endorsement and I suspect he actually was sucking his dick, but just couldn't shut up long enough to finish the job..

Unbeliever

I think Trump's just trying to prove to the world and the country just how stupid and ignorant the rank and file Republicans are, so they'll go the way of the dodo. After Trump, the GOP will be a laughingstock all over the world.

I think that was his intention from the start.

I could be wrong, though...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 26, 2016, 06:36:04 PM
I think Trump's just trying to prove to the world and the country just how stupid and ignorant the rank and file Republicans are, so they'll go the way of the dodo. After Trump, the GOP will be a laughingstock all over the world.

I think that was his intention from the start.

I could be wrong, though...

Or it could have the opposite effect: the rest of the world could think he's really crazy and won't dare messing around with him. Remember the US still has 7000+ nukes in its arsenal.

Baruch

Nukes unnecessary.  Scuttlebutt says ... the US is messing with weaponized flu virus in the Ukraine, using soldiers from Kiev.  But then Putin might be wrong this time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on January 26, 2016, 07:54:53 PM
Nukes unnecessary. 

Under the MAD doctrine, the use of nukes weren't necessary, just the threat of using them was enough. OTOH, if Trump is perceived as crazy by the other countries, then MAD is no longer an insurance policy.

SGOS

Trump probably began is run for president for the same reason he does all the rest of his media antics.  The guy is a media whore.  He's run out of things to buy, and he's desperately trying to think of crazy was to spend his money. Saying he could shoot people in the streets and not lose support sounds like something a guy who is just as befuddled by his success as the rest of us are.  The statement has a quality of flabbergasted wonder about it.  Now that his stunt might turn into a reality, look for him to make even wilder comments as he attempts to sabotage his own campaign and avoid the reality of a presidency.

josephpalazzo

He's pulling another stunt...

QuoteTrump’s Debate Boycott Throws Fox News Into Chaos

Tonight, Donald Trump’s months-long war with Fox News entered a chaotic and â€" for both sides â€" perilous new phase when Trump called Roger Ailes’s bluff and announced he was boycotting Fox’s debate to protest Megyn Kelly's aggressive coverage of his campaign. Instead, Trump said he would host his own Iowa town hall to raise money for veterans and let other networks cover it. One clear sign of the gravity of tonight’s development is the sense of confusion that is swirling throughout Fox. The network is split between Kelly's allies like Brit Hume and conservative anchors that are furious that Kelly â€" who graces the cover of Vanity Fair this month â€" has become the face of the network. An anchor fumed that Kelly hosted Michael Moore on her program tonight and the lefty filmmaker defended her against Trump. “That would be like Rachel Maddow laughing along with Charles Koch as he trashed Hillary Clinton!" the anchor said. One producer speculated that Fox could go “National Review” on Trump and start attacking him.

Read more at: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/01/#

Already his threat of a boycott of the debate is causing chaos at FOXNEWS.