Trump: I could shoot people in streets and not lose support

Started by josephpalazzo, January 24, 2016, 07:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/266809-trump-i-could-shoot-people-in-streets-and-not-lose-support

Is this hyperbole a sign if an exuberance of confidence or just plain bragging? So, his supporters have made up their minds and no degree of rational thought will sway them. Politics, you've got to love... er...

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

He is probably referring to the modern day Brownshirts doing shit in his name.  Worked for that German guy.  The guys in Oregon are Brownshirts (though in the NW I think they prefer plaid).  Not doing full retard on them ... is like the slap on a wrist that that German guy got for his shenanigans in Munich in 1923.  I give us 10 more years, then we get the rollercoaster of dictatorship.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Youssuf Ramadan

Just when you think he's reached rock bottom, ole Donald continues to dig....  :lol_hitting:

AllPurposeAtheist

I hope he tries it. Go ahead tRump! Start shooting strangers on the street to prove that point.. I'm sure the police will be more than happy to look the other way to let you become a serial killer because that would make America great again,  having a serial killer as commander in chief..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

TomFoolery

Sounds about right. I'm still fully convinced Trump never wanted to be president and has been trying to sabotage his own campaign by doing and saying increasingly ridiculous things. The only problem is, the worse it gets, the more they love him. So I believe Trump could probably shoot someone who "looked like a terrorist/black thug/flower child" and while the sane part of the country would want to indict him, his fanbase would simply cry, "MOAR!"
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on January 24, 2016, 09:31:49 AM
I hope he tries it. Go ahead tRump! Start shooting strangers on the street to prove that point.. I'm sure the police will be more than happy to look the other way to let you become a serial killer because that would make America great again,  having a serial killer as commander in chief..

The cops are the ones doing the random shooting.  They only care if a cop gets shot.  Obama is already the serial killer in chief ... NDA much?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

This is who the Repubicans are and why the're not fit to govern.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on January 24, 2016, 09:34:07 AM
This is who the Repubicans are and why the're not fit to govern.

This is who the Americans are ... there aren't two different hominid species here.  The D-folk aren't much different.  That is why I am part of the Master Race ... an I-person.  The usual political affiliation in the US is part of the problem, not part of the solution.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

drunkenshoe

He is playing the thug gig. Like the one we have. Everything he says is unbelivably stupid, but this particular game doesn't play into sense as a strategy.

Unfortuntaely, it works in a certain domestic political climate, esp. when the target group of people believe they have become the victim in their own system which was founded on their own values which is the White Christian Republican in the States today.

People are not listening and thinking what he is saying. They are just hearing him and thinking "He is on MY side".
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

People didn't pay attention to Hitler's war record ... he was only a corporal after all, but no coward ... except for that one time he ran away without any weapon and that British soldier didn't shoot him.  People paid attention to what he said ... he articulated what the body politic was thinking ... more and more over time as their country went down the tubes.  Eventually yes, he was one of "us" ... even the mighty plutocrats and militarists thought so.  But then Hitler did take professional lessons is speech-making and mass-hypnosis.  Ironically this was the ultimate realization of advertising theory, as invented by Freud's nephew.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

I don't know.. There is still the part of me that wants to believe that if anyone running for high office decides to just randomly shoot people the public,  even their supporters would say enough is enough..
I really hate to think that I might be wrong about this.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on January 24, 2016, 10:25:40 AM
I don't know.. There is still the part of me that wants to believe that if anyone running for high office decides to just randomly shoot people the public,  even their supporters would say enough is enough..
I really hate to think that I might be wrong about this.

Don't read any history.  Then reality will be a depressing surprise, rather than a depressing anticipation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on January 24, 2016, 10:25:40 AM

I agree with you.

QuoteI really hate to think that I might be wrong about this.

I have no idea.

But the words of this kind make more damage -or contribution depends on the side look from- than some dead bodies when they are no bodies.

Like I said. The thug gig.