News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Paris shootings

Started by josephpalazzo, November 13, 2015, 04:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Munch on November 16, 2015, 06:33:28 AM
I've been wondering, apart from the shock of what has happened, if this will be the thing that actually changes how this open door policy with europe works. With the sudden border closer of France, and now Poland doing the same, will this be the moment when each country now goes against any European ruling and just chooses to do this? Lets be honest, something like this was going to happen eventually, either a mass shooting, riots in the streets, citizens of a country attacking migrants on mass, or the other way around.

It becomes easy to kill people en masse when so many gather from other places, and something tells me Isis doesn't give a shit if they kill either born citizens of a country of refugees.

As Hollande said, it's a full fledged war. Will the coalition fighting ISIS get its mojo on track and decapitate this band of thugs so that it becomes just a noise? Only time will tell.

As to the refugee crisis, the only resolution of the Syrian situation is political. Perhaps what is developing in the Vienna talks will bring about a a regime change, and an end to that war. And then we can all look forward that the refugee crisis will subside.

josephpalazzo

On ISIS hit list of American cities:

Texas: Abilene, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Wyle, Fort Hood, Bedford, Killeen

Indiana: Michigan City, Bolivar

Michigan: Dearborn Heights, Lake Orion

Connecticut: Barkhamsted, Manchester

Nevada: Reno

Georgia: Griffin

Maryland: Upper Marlboro, Warrensburg, Lexington Park

Arizona: Phoenix

Louisiana: Shreveport, Bossier City

South Carolina: Daniel Island, Charleston

North Carolina: Fayetteville, New Bern

Virginia: Burke, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, Springfield, Norfolk, Chesapeake

Colorado: Colorado Springs

California: Hanford, Solvang, San Ardo, Monterrey, Newberry Park, Carlsbad

New Mexico: Farmington

North Dakota: Minot

South Dakota: Rapid City

Florida: Merritt Island, Palm Coast, Saint John, Middleburg, Saint Augustine

Washington: Colton, Cheney, Seattle, Spokane, Anacortes

Nebraska: Bellevue

Illinois: Orland Park

Rhode Island: Newport

Idaho: Bonners Ferry

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/28603897/isis-releases-kill-list-seven-texas-cities-included

peacewithoutgod

No more bending to appease the thugs who think the image of this dude is worth more than human life! Islam is a very evil religion which inspires violence like no other ever in the history of religions, and we need to stop apologizing for recognizing that for what it is - doesn't matter if your grandma doesn't kill people, she, you, and all the rest of you are guilty of complicity.

Allah is an absolute asshole, and Muhammad is a jerky, megalomanical, murderous pedophile which is lower than shit! If you would kill for that, then you deserve to be slowly tortured to death!

There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

mauricio

Quote from: Munch on November 16, 2015, 06:33:28 AM
I've been wondering, apart from the shock of what has happened, if this will be the thing that actually changes how this open door policy with europe works. With the sudden border closer of France, and now Poland doing the same, will this be the moment when each country now goes against any European ruling and just chooses to do this? Lets be honest, something like this was going to happen eventually, either a mass shooting, riots in the streets, citizens of a country attacking migrants on mass, or the other way around.

It becomes easy to kill people en masse when so many gather from other places, and something tells me Isis doesn't give a shit if they kill either born citizens of a country of refugees.

this is what interests, what is gonna happen now? It's like a great experiment of all the political discussion I have seen this last few years. We will receive valuable information from studying and understanding what is happening and what will happen in europe right now.

CloneKai

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 16, 2015, 02:23:06 PM
No more bending to appease the thugs who think the image of this dude is worth more than human life! Islam is a very evil religion which inspires violence like no other ever in the history of religions, and we need to stop apologizing for recognizing that for what it is - doesn't matter if your grandma doesn't kill people, she, you, and all the rest of you are guilty of complicity.

What  :a102:

As for the images. I wished we had an Internationa draw mo day. and take photos of the images with building and landmarks as a background. kinda like this

You know to show that atheist exists on their land too. 

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: CloneKai on November 16, 2015, 03:33:39 PM
What  :a102:

As for the images. I wished we had an Internationa draw mo day. and take photos of the images with building and landmarks as a background. kinda like this

You know to show that atheist exists on their land too.

I treat Xtains no differently - I no longer believe in the right of anyone to rot the minds of children in this world by teaching them unfalsifiable ideas. Mental abuse is the worst form of child abuse one can possibly inflict, and I'm not going to worry anymore about how the Christards would use a radical stand for their own precedent - they can never teach anything falsifiable, falsifiability can be established legally, and we need to protect children from all such asshole groups. If Christards and Muzzlems can't abide here, then they need to get out and move to Uganda, but they should forfeit their money for leaving the US to break our laws. 

There should still be the right to disagree, but if your disagreement is based on unfalsifiable ideas, then your freedom with them needs to be severely restricted.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

CloneKai

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 16, 2015, 03:51:54 PM
I treat Xtains no differently - I no longer believe in the right of anyone to rot the minds of children in this world by teaching them unfalsifiable ideas. Mental abuse is the worst form of child abuse one can possibly inflict, and I'm not going to worry anymore about how the Christards would use a radical stand for their own precedent - they can never teach anything falsifiable, falsifiability can be established legally, and we need to protect children from all such asshole groups. If Christards and Muzzlems can't abide here, then they need to get out and move to Uganda, but they should forfeit their money for leaving the US to break our laws. 
yeah, i agree children should be protected from this nonsense.
unfortunately we live in a world where children still die of hunger. implementing protect children from nonsense policy will be very difficult to do. maybe a small country could try it.
mean while don't blame my grandma  :naughty:

g2perk

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 16, 2015, 03:51:54 PM

There should still be the right to disagree, but if your disagreement is based on unfalsifiable ideas, then your freedom with them needs to be severely restricted.
There you go again making things up.....Teach love to children that's what I do..Teach them to love others that's what I do..Teach them discipline and respect. The problem of this world stems from people that hate other people because they think they know them based on the world's eye view. Stop the hatred because nobody has your world view..

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: josephpalazzo on November 16, 2015, 11:32:36 AM
On ISIS hit list of American cities:

Texas: Abilene, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Wyle, Fort Hood, Bedford, Killeen

Indiana: Michigan City, Bolivar

Michigan: Dearborn Heights, Lake Orion

Connecticut: Barkhamsted, Manchester

Nevada: Reno

Georgia: Griffin

Maryland: Upper Marlboro, Warrensburg, Lexington Park

Arizona: Phoenix

Louisiana: Shreveport, Bossier City

South Carolina: Daniel Island, Charleston

North Carolina: Fayetteville, New Bern

Virginia: Burke, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, Springfield, Norfolk, Chesapeake

Colorado: Colorado Springs

California: Hanford, Solvang, San Ardo, Monterrey, Newberry Park, Carlsbad

New Mexico: Farmington

North Dakota: Minot

South Dakota: Rapid City

Florida: Merritt Island, Palm Coast, Saint John, Middleburg, Saint Augustine

Washington: Colton, Cheney, Seattle, Spokane, Anacortes

Nebraska: Bellevue

Illinois: Orland Park

Rhode Island: Newport

Idaho: Bonners Ferry

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/28603897/isis-releases-kill-list-seven-texas-cities-included

Why Griffin? That place is a fucking shithole.

I can see the news now: Griffin was bombed, causing 10 million dollars in improvements.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Brian37

RationalPoet....... It was weird and I hate to sound morbid about this, but I rarely agree with republicans and Lindsey Ghram may be right when he says Isis is getting so bad that even the Islamic countries fear retribution. As ass backwords as Saudi Arabia and Iran are I still think the idea of mutual destruction is not lost entirely on them. I hope for humanity's sake for once he is right. I think the best we can hope for is keep it a ground war at best, limit our involvement or only increase it with a wider global consensus. Other than that step up our intel and increase it.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: CloneKai on November 16, 2015, 04:27:56 PM
yeah, i agree children should be protected from this nonsense.
unfortunately we live in a world where children still die of hunger. implementing protect children from nonsense policy will be very difficult to do. maybe a small country could try it.
mean while don't blame my grandma  :naughty:
Your grandma, my grandma, my parents, my uncles, my sister to my nieces, every piece of shit who ever taught in an ACE school (one in which a vast black hole was created in my education), and fuckheads all across America are all guilty...If they should not be let off the hook for sexually molesting a child, then they should be no less prosecuted and punished for the irrecoverable harm they do to a child's mind!

You do know why children are dying of hunger, right? There would be almost no such cases if their parents, or their society wasn't driven by ignorance.

Shiranu

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/16/muslims-hate-isis-most-of-all.html

QuoteAnd worse, would ISIS’s dream of driving a wedge between Muslims and our fellow Americans come true? Even a national security expert on Fox News Saturday noted that ISIS’s operatives were expressing their hope on social media that some in the West would respond to the Paris attack by demonizing or even attacking Muslims living in Western countries because that would help ISIS’s recruitment efforts.

“We are revolted by this heinous attack on civilians,” declared Nihad Awad, the executive director of CAIR. Awad added that ISIS is “neither Islamic nor a state,” calling for a “swift and methodical” response to ISIS.

We can debate whether ISIS’s actions in Paris were inspired by a perverted view of Islam or was simply an act of revenge by ISIS against France for being the most commited European country in the military fight versus ISIS in Syria. But in the last two weeks, ISIS downed a Russian passenger jet liner as revenge for Russia’s attacks on ISIS and the Beirut bombing was to punish Hezbollah for fighting them in Syria. Paris looks less about religion and more like a counterattack by ISIS hitting its enemies where it can, as NBC’s counterterrorism expert Laith Alkhouri explained on my radio show Saturday and as other experts have echoed.

But what must be clear to all is that we can’t allow ISIS to achieve its goal of framing this as a fight pitting Islam against the West. It’s not. It’s all of us versus ISIS.

It should go without saying, but sadly it doesn't; Islam is not a homogeneous, monolithic entity like some people want to portray it. Not all Muslims either support ISIS, or silently cheer inside from the sidelines. And by alienating your allies (yes, Muslims are your allies in the fight against ISIS... who are the one's dying en masse fighting ISIS? Not us, that's for sure) you are only playing right into their hand.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/07/isis-s-gruesome-muslim-death-toll.html

QuoteWhat makes this 26-page report (PDF) so powerful is that it describes to us the gruesome circumstances in which ISIS has killed fellow Muslims. We are talking beheadings, killing of women for objecting to ISIS’ policies, and executing Sunni Muslim clerics for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS.

Why is this important? This information can hopefully help dissuade other Muslims from joining or financially supporting ISIS. And it may even persuade other Muslim countries to join or increase their efforts in fighting ISIS. The reason being that slaughtering fellow Muslims is seen as universally wrong across the Muslim world and as a violation of Islamic values. In fact, Al Qaeda has even publicly criticized ISIS for this very conduct.

What did the UN find? ISIS had “carried out attacks deliberately and systematically targeting civilians and civilian infrastructure, with the intention of killing and wounding civilians.” The UN concluded that in the first eight months of 2014, at least 9,347 civilians had been killed and at least 17,386 wounded. While all these deaths are not attributable to ISIS alone, ISIS is identified as the primary actor. (The report also documents what could be considered war crimes committed by the Iraqi military.)

Here’s the thing: The leaders of ISIS are very aware that the killing of fellow Muslimsâ€"especially Sunnis- could hurt their cause in attracting support from the Sunni Muslim world. In fact, ISIS is so concerned about the possible backlash that the group’s leaders addressed this subject (PDF) in the latest issue of its online magazine.

And those Muslims who gave their lives fighting against or refusing to give into ISIS in our common struggle should be recognized in the media for their bravery. It would be very powerful to see images in our media of the Muslims killed by ISIS, not just Westerners.

But just keep repeating, "Islam is a monolithic entity. Islam is a monolithic entity. Islam is a monolithic entity.". I'm sure blind dogma repeated over and over that you know what someone else REALLY thinks, people that agree with you on things that actually matter (stopping ISIS)... and if they disagree then they are liars will get us so far.

I was going to ignore this thread because of certain posts, but I found these two pieces simply too important to not post just because of some people's immaturity. If you want to have a serious discussion, then by all means I am game. But I am not particularly in the mood for the normal, "This is why you are wrong"... "NUH UH!" bullshit that these threads become. And frankly, the fact that several of you used 100-something people being murdered as a springboard to throw personal insults then hoot and holler puts you in a category of, "people I don't want to associate with, not even to provide counter evidence for third parties". I realise you couldn't give half a shit if you are on my ignore list... but I'll let that negativity rest on your shoulders and not let you smear it on me. So... maʿ al-salāmah.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

mauricio

Quote from: Shiranu on November 16, 2015, 09:40:41 PM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/16/muslims-hate-isis-most-of-all.html

It should go without saying, but sadly it doesn't; Islam is not a homogeneous, monolithic entity like some people want to portray it. Not all Muslims either support ISIS, or silently cheer inside from the sidelines. And by alienating your allies (yes, Muslims are your allies in the fight against ISIS... who are the one's dying en masse fighting ISIS? Not us, that's for sure) you are only playing right into their hand.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/07/isis-s-gruesome-muslim-death-toll.html

But just keep repeating, "Islam is a monolithic entity. Islam is a monolithic entity. Islam is a monolithic entity.". I'm sure blind dogma repeated over and over that you know what someone else REALLY thinks, people that agree with you on things that actually matter (stopping ISIS)... and if they disagree then they are liars will get us so far.

I was going to ignore this thread because of certain posts, but I found these two pieces simply too important to not post just because of some people's immaturity. If you want to have a serious discussion, then by all means I am game. But I am not particularly in the mood for the normal, "This is why you are wrong"... "NUH UH!" bullshit that these threads become. And frankly, the fact that several of you used 100-something people being murdered as a springboard to throw personal insults then hoot and holler puts you in a category of, "people I don't want to associate with, not even to provide counter evidence for third parties". I realise you couldn't give half a shit if you are on my ignore list... but I'll let that negativity rest on your shoulders and not let you smear it on me. So... maʿ al-salāmah.

Agreed with all of what you said but this part of the article:

Quote"Awad added that ISIS is “neither Islamic nor a state,” calling for a “swift and methodical” response to ISIS.

We can debate whether ISIS’s actions in Paris were inspired by a perverted view of Islam or was simply an act of revenge by ISIS against France for being the most commited European country in the military fight versus ISIS in Syria.

I understand that the majority of believers think that their conception of their faith is the ONE TRUE version of it. But that is simply false claiming that ISIS is not islamic is neither honest nor useful. We must recognize that there's not ONE TRUE ISLAM but various interpretations a fact which obviously conflicts with the dogmatic and exceptionalist nature of religion, therefore many believers refuse to accept it (the atheist bleeding heart liberals have no excuse, though, they are just PC drones). And one plausible interpretation of islamic text is the ISIS interpretation too. If we cannot recognize the problem for what it truly is we cannot fight it. Neither is this a question of is it political or is it religious?  The answer is that it is clearly a mixture. If you analyze islamist and jihadist rhetoric you will find political elements and also islamic elements.