News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Creation of light without a sun?

Started by ProtoGlenn, September 07, 2015, 03:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: ProtoGlenn on September 08, 2015, 10:41:32 PM
Off topic, but I don't see the appeal of the bible at all.  I mean, even if you did believe in any of it, wouldn't it warn you that nothing is for sure?  Didn't G-d break his promise with Abraham?  What's to say that if there was a heaven, that he'd let anyone in at all or not cast you out at a later time?  Angels have fallen from his grace, what's to say mankind wont do the same in the end?  The only way I can see it being possible is if they were stripped of their free will, and to me that doesn't sound like an eternity of happiness at all.  It seems like a lot of pointless sacrifices for something that isn't for sure, or isn't appealing.

Why the appeal of Moby Dick?  Why do non-whalers bother?  The Bible is ancient Jewish literature ... and polemical.  Why do Gentiles bother?

Psst - we are angels, and we fall from grace multiple times each day.  The silly idea from Aristotelian physics, is that if we were celestially pure, our bodies would float up into the sky toward the celestial crystalline spheres ... like smoke from the Red Heifer sacrifice altar .. something nobody will talk about.  I for one am glad that even if I were temporarily pure (pure kosher, pure Jewish) that I would start floating up in the sky like the guy who attached helium balloons to his lawn chair in LA some decades ago.  I have a fear of heights!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Termin on September 08, 2015, 04:30:55 PM
  Then how come there is never any mention of the sun going away when he's pissed off ? which has happened many times.

There is light and then there is light.  The darkness in the absence of God's love, is the absence of the light of God's love that shines on your heart.  You know how good your heart feels when the light of God shines on it?  This does not require photons.  It doesn't require anything.  It doesn't even require that there must be light.  It's a different kind of light that has no light, but when it stops shining on your heart (this special light is not detected by your eyes), it makes you feel yucky, and you become depressed.  This is the same light that you see when you die, but for some reason, you are not supposed to swim toward the light when you die.  This is confounding.  I'm not sure what this means.  Does it mean that you should swim toward the darkness, or just stay put?  If it's the light of God, shouldn't you swim towards it, or is the Devil playing a trick here?  Lots to think about.

Baruch

Jeebus explained it, the dark hate the light.  But this is basic Kali-ma theology.  Kali-ma looks like a monster as she approaches you (think of a great natural disaster) ... but this is because you are possessed by demons, and the ugliness you see and the fear you feel ... is from the demon possession, not from your true self.  But when you finally let Kali-ma catch up to you, the demons are expelled (she is a demon killer) ... and then you experience beauty and attraction.  At least that is how Durga theology works I think.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 09, 2015, 06:46:56 AM
I tend to be suspicious of people who self-proclaimed to be an apologist for a divine entity.
Quote from: Baruch on September 09, 2015, 07:05:08 AM
I couldn't agree more.  And I trust apologists for capitalism even less ... the "hidden hand" is Goldman Sachs (who says they are just doing god's work ... well they are ... Mammon (a goddess BTW)). 

False equivalence. Goldman Sachs might worship the all-mighty dollar, just as some people might worship Taylor Swift, but they are hardly in the same category as those who worship some" entity" who is on the same level as the Smurfs. The apologists of that entity are of the worst kind.

Baruch

If the dollar seeks its intrinsic value ;-( ... then we shall see what is more worthless.  Even the Smurfs were entangled in Smurf berries.  Last time I looked, Mammona = Tyche = riches or good luck.  Its worshippers might be in denial, but where your heart is, there your divinity is.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on September 09, 2015, 01:24:52 PM
If the dollar seeks its intrinsic value ;-( ... then we shall see what is more worthless.  Even the Smurfs were entangled in Smurf berries.  Last time I looked, Mammona = Tyche = riches or good luck.  Its worshippers might be in denial, but where your heart is, there your divinity is.

Dollar has relative value; the author(s) who created the Smurfs can do whatever; the heart is not divine but a pump to get your blood circulation flow and bring oxygen to your cells.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on September 09, 2015, 07:02:23 AM
Yes, we express our humanity is countless ways ... including in fancy religions (which are really unnecessary but I digress) ... and yes, pookas are quite real, in art, but not is science.  But fortunately as per another thread, we will send all those pesky nerds (but not the master race geeks) to the concentration camps.  Really, just a war between different corners of the Meyer-Briggs spectrum.  Can't we all get along?  I can do multiple aspects of Meyer-Briggs and not be a war with myself ... at least on most days ;-)
We can all get along if you present evidence for the claims you make. You still haven't done that.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Termin

Quote from: ProtoGlenn on September 07, 2015, 05:27:00 PM
None of that explains a light strong enough or even sustained for long enough to be a light source to light up the sky and be considered "daylight" without a sun.

You have things backwards, we put labels on things to describe them as they already are ,things do not arrange themselves to match labels we place on them.

Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Babytooth

to try and figure out the mysteries of god is like to teach a ant to speak English.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Babytooth on September 10, 2015, 06:12:55 PM
to try and figure out the mysteries of god is like to teach a ant to speak English.
...and you know this how? From what experience in trying this yourself have you to draw on? If you have no interest in the mysteries of this universe, making your life's mission an attempt to discourage others from learning what they can of it does not make you any more the wiser, and they all know it!
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Babytooth

The question is why you as a man thinks so highly of yourself, bc you after all are just a creation. what makes you feel worthy to receive any true nugget of wisdom or knowledge after you have denied the one truth? just bc you was created you think you deserve? that's a joke you was given law to live by and you spit on them and said "I will not believe" you do not fear god! and the first step of wisdom and knowledge is fear of god, and to fear god is to HATE EVIL. thank YOU
NO ONE CAN CHANGE REALITY . and believe me peacewithout I want know the mysteries more than anyone I would argue. But I want to learn them from the one true source rather than being deceived from an "deceiving force you feel me?"
Its wild to me how you all cant feel that your"in your bodies" rather than being your body.

Baruch

Babytooth ... I often feel out of my body, but my medication is helping with that ;-)  Of course I can change reality ... earlier my hand was over here, and now it is over there (though still attached to the rest of me).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Babytooth

@ baruch man made chemicals are anchoring your true abilities brother. and causing deceivement the bible talks about Pharmacia  and what it can do.

Munch

Baruch, please, you weren't meant to eat the mushrooms without people around you, remember what happened last time?

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Babytooth

@munch been there and done that too munch haha