News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Creation of light without a sun?

Started by ProtoGlenn, September 07, 2015, 03:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

well don't get me started on jealousy and hatred and fear. How would something understand  human emotions before humans were invented? But more importantly, how could a god, the most powerful ever, that has been in existence forever, without anybody or anything to challenge it….understand fear? Or death?

It can't. That is why humans are superior to the "creator". The can sacrifice themselves for others while god can only wish he had such courage.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

josephpalazzo

Quote from: aitm on September 08, 2015, 06:47:55 PM
well don't get me started on jealousy and hatred and fear. How would something understand  human emotions before humans were invented? But more importantly, how could a god, the most powerful ever, that has been in existence forever, without anybody or anything to challenge it….understand fear? Or death?

It can't. That is why humans are superior to the "creator". The can sacrifice themselves for others while god can only wish he had such courage.

Didn't he send his son to be sacrificed? So there!

aitm

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 08, 2015, 06:49:44 PM
Didn't he send his son to be sacrificed? So there!

yeah, rat bastard "sacrificed" his son from a smelly-ass goat herder to a fucking god…..don't we all wish eh?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

aitm - for me you are stating a false dichotomy.  Humans express G-d's humanity, for better or worse, and are more than slavish automatons, but have free will .. as does G-d.  If humans want a better G-d, then they need to behave better.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on September 08, 2015, 07:14:14 PM
aitm - for me you are stating a false dichotomy.  Humans express G-d's humanity, for better or worse, and are more than slavish automatons, but have free will .. as does G-d.  If humans want a better G-d, then they need to behave better.

god says we are created in his image, which would suggest we would share his jealousy, rage, anger and fear. Except the obvious, that as none of these ever existed prior to humans existence, god would have to imagine these emotions prior to our "creation" or actually be capable of these emotions which makes him more human and far less of a god.  How could a god understand true fear when there is no way even god could  experience true fear?

Baruch

G-d experiences true fear, every time you do.  We are G-d's semi-autonomous teledildonics ... think of Sims, only better.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on September 08, 2015, 08:35:26 PM
G-d experiences true fear, every time you do.  We are G-d's semi-autonomous teledildonics ... think of Sims, only better.
Not likely, they don't exist remember?

Baruch

I have a copy of Sims on my computer ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

ProtoGlenn

Off topic, but I don't see the appeal of the bible at all.  I mean, even if you did believe in any of it, wouldn't it warn you that nothing is for sure?  Didn't G-d break his promise with Abraham?  What's to say that if there was a heaven, that he'd let anyone in at all or not cast you out at a later time?  Angels have fallen from his grace, what's to say mankind wont do the same in the end?  The only way I can see it being possible is if they were stripped of their free will, and to me that doesn't sound like an eternity of happiness at all.  It seems like a lot of pointless sacrifices for something that isn't for sure, or isn't appealing.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on September 08, 2015, 08:35:26 PM
You contradicted yourself there - in a previous post you said we are not automatons, as opposed to merely "semi-autonomous".
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on September 08, 2015, 07:14:14 PM

Humans express their own humanity (or lack of it) in the gods they create. If  you are going to insist that any gods are more real than vampires, banshees, broomstick-riding witches, or 6-foot and bipedal rabbits, then it's you who needs to submit evidence for such a claim.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

josephpalazzo

I tend to be suspicious of people who self-proclaimed to be an apologist for a divine entity.

Baruch

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on September 09, 2015, 01:37:39 AM
You contradicted yourself there - in a previous post you said we are not automatons, as opposed to merely "semi-autonomous".

You will need to quote that ... and I will need the Papal Curia to throw some apologetics at it ... bwahaha!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on September 09, 2015, 01:45:10 AM
Humans express their own humanity (or lack of it) in the gods they create. If  you are going to insist that any gods are more real than vampires, banshees, broomstick-riding witches, or 6-foot and bipedal rabbits, then it's you who needs to submit evidence for such a claim.

Yes, we express our humanity is countless ways ... including in fancy religions (which are really unnecessary but I digress) ... and yes, pookas are quite real, in art, but not is science.  But fortunately as per another thread, we will send all those pesky nerds (but not the master race geeks) to the concentration camps.  Really, just a war between different corners of the Meyer-Briggs spectrum.  Can't we all get along?  I can do multiple aspects of Meyer-Briggs and not be a war with myself ... at least on most days ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 09, 2015, 06:46:56 AM
I tend to be suspicious of people who self-proclaimed to be an apologist for a divine entity.

I couldn't agree more.  And I trust apologists for capitalism even less ... the "hidden hand" is Goldman Sachs (who says they are just doing god's work ... well they are ... Mammon (a goddess BTW)).  Not to say that there isn't something better than fictional characters ... there is, they are called real characters.  But bibliophiles have a hard time distinguishing between the two ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.