News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Sharia Law is Taking Over Texas!!!

Started by Shiranu, September 06, 2015, 01:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

http://toprightnews.com/islamic-tribunal-using-sharia-law-has-been-confirmed-in-this-u-s-state/

(I use this link out of convenience, as it was in the article; that said, it's not the first time I have seen this story and it's posted all over facebook from different sites by idiots I know)

QuoteAn Islamic Tribunal using Sharia law in Texas has been confirmed by Breitbart Texas. The tribunal is operating as a non-profit organization in Dallas. One of the attorneys for the tribunal said participation and acceptance of the tribunal’s decisions are “voluntary.”

Breitbart Texas spoke with one of the “judges,” Dr. Taher El-badawi. He said the tribunal operates under Sharia law as a form of “non-binding dispute resolution.” El-badawi said their organization is “a tribunal, not arbitration.” A tribunal is defined by Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary as “a court or forum of justice.” The four Islamic attorneys call themselves “judges” not “arbitrators.”

El-badawi said the tribunal follows Sharia law to resolve civil disputes in family and business matters. He said they also resolve workplace disputes.

Breitbart Texas asked what happens when there is a conflict between Sharia law and Texas law. El-badawi said most of the time, the laws are in agreement. When pushed further he admitted that, “we follow Sharia law.” However, he explained, “If the parties are not satisfied with the tribunal’s decision, they do not have to accept it and they can take the matter to Texas civil courts.” He did not say what the social ramifications of rejecting the “judge’s” decision would be.

So... yes, as you can see... Sharia is taking over. BUT WAIT, THERE STANDS A BRAVE SOUL TO STOP THIS MUSLIM INVASION!!!

http://toprightnews.com/muslims-tried-to-bring-sharia-law-to-texas-but-they-didnt-count-on-this-mayors-epic-response/

QuoteThat’s when the Mayor of Irving, Beth Van Duyne, made her stand. She posted on Facebook denouncing illegal entities that try to act outside the Constitution. Including Sharia “law”.

Muslim leaders went nuts. Van Duyne came under fire for being “anti-Islamic” when she spoke against the Shariah Law tribunal, which was never approved by the City Council.”It fuels anti-Islamic hysteria,” Zia Sheikh, imam at the Islamic Center of Irving, told the Dallas Morning News. “Her whole point was to rile up her supporters. … The problem is we become the whipping boys.”

YOU TELL EM, MAYOR VAN DUYNE!

Except...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/shariatexas.asp

QuoteSo while there is an Islamic mediation center in Dallas, the tribunal neither possessed nor claimed any ability to supersede extant laws in its jurisdiction, either civil or criminal. Parties are not obligated to participate in the mediation it offers, nor does the center have any power to operate outside the law or enforce any settlements it may reach. Similar faith-based mediation centers are offered as an alternative to costly litigation, but ultimately, all citizens and residents of the United States are subject to the laws of its jurisdictions, and no such entity has the ability to override existing laws or enforce illegal contracts or agreements.

Nailed it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

josephpalazzo

As far as I'm concerned, Sharia Law should be made illegal as it clearly discriminates against women, and those women feared to have recourse in legal courts as they will suffer economic/social repercussions in their private lives.

Baruch

Sharia law, Christian canon law, and Jewish rabbinic law ... all appear under the guise of binding arbitration.  In some countries like England, you can choose to have your marital dispute for example resolved by a binding arbitration of your choice.  Several are available in England, in addition to the usual civil one.  England allows this flexibility.  In the US, we allow binding arbitration in commercial disputes.  The difference is that these arbitration courts are not religiously based.  I have supported a ban against all religiously based binding arbitration in American jurisprudence.  Otherwise the clerk in Kentucky could choose a snake-handling Christian cult arbitration panel to adjudicate her situation vis a vis her official duties ;-)  England allows religious ghettos, America does not (for now).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

But that means there can be no state or local law ... only Federal law, right?  Otherwise those pesky politicians and citizens in smaller jurisdictions, might get ideas.  Just like in Kentucky which did outlaw gay marriage, prior to the Supreme Court decision.  And Congress and SCOTUS are unreliable too ... so lets just put all power into just one person ... Leviathan I think Hobbes called it ... or the Romans called him ... Dictator.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Sharia law pretty much comes down to Islamic nuttery.  It might be cute in Texas, but not so much in Europe.  In countries controlled by ISIS, it's inhumane and barbaric, and like all things based on the fantasy of a higher being that dictates subjective morality, it runs contrary to reason.  It becomes a breeding ground for charlatans, con artists, and power mongers.

Sharia law may not be any worse than some power mongering low life in Kentucky making up her own laws and forcing them on others, but it's no better either.  It may have been inaccurately characterized by some woman on facebook, but it's a system of law that runs contrary to western society.  Maybe they could call it "Sharia Counseling and Psychic Advice Services for the Spiritually Lost," but calling it law seems rather pretentious in a free society.

Baruch

I assure you that Christian canon law and Jewish rabbinic law run counter to Western society ... provided that we ignore the presence of the Church and synagogue in Western society for the last 2000 years.  All three run counter to secular law.  Western society was impacted by Islam, mostly as something they tried to keep out ... until recently.  But this is mere cultural chauvinism.  I have no belief in the value of secular law, but then I don't believe in secular politics.  I reject the ancient Athenian experiment.  In fact, I rather like the "This is Sparta" version better.  The laws should be few, and require no lawyers to interpret them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on September 06, 2015, 09:34:14 AM
I assure you that Christian canon law and Jewish rabbinic law run counter to Western society ... provided that we ignore the presence of the Church and synagogue in Western society for the last 2000 years.  All three run counter to secular law.  Western society was impacted by Islam, mostly as something they tried to keep out ... until recently.  But this is mere cultural chauvinism.  I have no belief in the value of secular law, but then I don't believe in secular politics.  I reject the ancient Athenian experiment.  In fact, I rather like the "This is Sparta" version better.  The laws should be few, and require no lawyers to interpret them.

Now there's a power vacuum waiting to happen.

Baruch

Supposedly (per Descartes) "nature abhors a vacuum" ... so no danger there.  My point being, anything other that what we are used to, looks strange to us.  Once we get a few 100 million immigrants here and there ... there won't be any more Western civilization as we know it now.  But at least the Spartans know how to deal with visa violations ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on September 06, 2015, 09:34:14 AM

Are you advocating anarchy? Granted I prefer secular law than any of the religious flavored kind, but in any society, rules are a necessity. Sure, those rules can become outdated, irrelevant, encroaching, to say the least, and that is the very reason secular is better than religious law as the secular laws can evolve, not so easy for religious laws as these are more often than not interpreted as the words of a god, and therefore sacred and immutable. Society is a human construct, a work in progress, and so its rules and regulations need to be fine-tuned regularly in order to evolve with changing times.

Baruch

Anarchism?  Not at all.  On the one hand, society is an anarchy, with or without a government.  There is nothing needed to be done on the planet of poo throwing simians.  Anarchism as active opposition/terrorism against an existing government ... not at all.  I don't like conflict or violence, it is the rest of you (present company excepted of course) who resort to that.  I just don't see why I need anyone at a rate of $200 per hour, to adjudicate if I can wipe my ass.  That is a scam.  It started with two Greek scammers back in 450 BCE, from Sicily.  Originally you didn't have legal representation in a Greek court, you had to defend yourself, like Socrates did.  Socrates lost his case, and was executed, but at least his estate wasn't robbed blind.  Socrates may have been a patriot, but it had nothing to do with the democracy of Athens ... this he opposed on practical grounds.

And you can keep your optimism regarding laws and politics and politicians.  Pericles died of plague ... at least Leonidas died like a man.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Blah, blah, blah.. Islamic center in Irving,  just a few blocks from the big golden horse  of the Trinity broadcast palace is doing the exact same thing hundreds of thousands of preachers have been doing for thousands of years,  imposing their bullshit on their followers.
In other news the Texas sky is falling.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on September 06, 2015, 10:17:50 AM
Anarchism?  Not at all.  On the one hand, society is an anarchy, with or without a government.  There is nothing needed to be done on the planet of poo throwing simians.  Anarchism as active opposition/terrorism against an existing government ... not at all.  I don't like conflict or violence, it is the rest of you (present company excepted of course) who resort to that.  I just don't see why I need anyone at a rate of $200 per hour, to adjudicate if I can wipe my ass.  That is a scam.  It started with two Greek scammers back in 450 BCE, from Sicily.  Originally you didn't have legal representation in a Greek court, you had to defend yourself, like Socrates did.  Socrates lost his case, and was executed, but at least his estate wasn't robbed blind.  Socrates may have been a patriot, but it had nothing to do with the democracy of Athens ... this he opposed on practical grounds.

And you can keep your optimism regarding laws and politics and politicians.  Pericles died of plague ... at least Leonidas died like a man.

I'm not sure what you're ranting against? Government? Democracy?? Lawyers in court??? Institutions????

You don't like conflicts is like I don't when it rains??? Conflicts are part of the real world, that's why we have rules and regulations, governments, courts, and so on, to deal with that reality. Granted they don't solve all conflicts - sorry we're not perfect beings, just kidding - but I have no clue in regard to what's your beef?!??

Baruch

Definitely against grifters ... ancient or modern.  They breed like fleas, and I forgot where I put my damn flea collar!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Deidre32

There is a very quick and easy way to see these 'non profit' groups and all churches, etc evaporate and not be able to foster their crazy belief systems, and that is to tax them like any other business. Start taxing religious groups and their places of 'worship,' and they will close up shop.

Not all, but many would not be able to stay afloat. That is how you bring an end to this insanity.
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi