News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Put the Bigoted Asshole In Jail!

Started by peacewithoutgod, September 03, 2015, 12:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Munch

Quote from: NakedTracyBlack on September 04, 2015, 02:28:49 AM
I'm so disgusted by the people who are supporting this woman.  It almost makes me ashamed to be American to know there's so many bigots and those who support bigots.

Just count yourself as the generation that learned from the past, unlike them.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on September 04, 2015, 06:08:09 AM
Actually, what I learned from my parent's generation was that they were frequently dead wrong about issues, were working with limited information, and had a shitload of personal biases, much of it wrapped up in religion.  If I had swallowed everything they taught me, I'd now be worshiping a fantasy, hunting for commies, and part of the "take back America" crowd, who wants it back the way it was. 

When I look back on my youth, I remember much of it as a kind of later day Dark Ages environment complete with demons, and a society armed with pitchforks and torches, looking to cleanse the village of evil with fire.  OK a slight exaggeration, but to me, it's a good way to describe my view of the era I grew up in.

AllPurposeAtheist

The image posted of her on the previous page is not her then and now.  It's Cathy Bates from the movie Misery and Kim Davis side by side. 

People not thinking much about memes?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Termin on September 03, 2015, 01:48:46 PM
Saw this on my Facebook feed . .

That is a good one but this is my favorite so far:

As a gay man, this one also appeals to me:

Munch

NakedTracyBlack

Quote from: Munch on September 04, 2015, 06:08:09 AM

I just hate how many religious bigots we have in this country.  Our culture has allowed such people to thrive based on the idea that this country was 'founded' on judeo-christian religion.  Which is nothing but bs.  Anyone who wants a frickin theocracy can move to the middle east as far as I'm concerned.

Solitary

I'm all for that too. Sometimes it makes sense to be prejudice, but being a bigot never does. And as far as I tell bigotry comes directly from religion.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Quote from: NakedTracyBlack on September 04, 2015, 12:08:44 PM
I just hate how many religious bigots we have in this country.  Our culture has allowed such people to thrive based on the idea that this country was 'founded' on judeo-christian religion.  Which is nothing but bs.  Anyone who wants a frickin theocracy can move to the middle east as far as I'm concerned.

I've often viewed looking at census maps of the US what a shame it is that it isn't split north and south as countries, since its obvious the south is a backwards, bigoted, racist and deep seeded christian area of the world, while the north, with exceptions to a few states, is far far less of these, far more progressive and just doesn't gel with the south.

NakedTracyBlack

Unfortunately I'm from the south.  Which really sucks.  Whenever I hear someone talk about Kim Davis like she's a hero, I just want to tell them STFU.  It's like ever since it became unacceptable to hate black people, they decided to start hating gay people.  Apparently they can hate Muslims (who hate gay people) and gay people at the same time.

Baruch

Different Anglo-Saxon communities colonized N America ... five different ones:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion%27s_Seed

Is your place of origin in England, still controlling how you see your fellow Anglo Americans?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: NakedTracyBlack on September 04, 2015, 12:31:30 PM
Unfortunately I'm from the south.  Which really sucks.  Whenever I hear someone talk about Kim Davis like she's a hero, I just want to tell them STFU.  It's like ever since it became unacceptable to hate black people, they decided to start hating gay people.  Apparently they can hate Muslims (who hate gay people) and gay people at the same time.

Much like a lot of awesome youtubers I watch that came from the american deep south who are atheists, its an agree factor we can't help where and who we are born to, we just make the best of it and go where the calling is.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: NakedTracyBlack on September 04, 2015, 12:31:30 PM

I too live in the South and I never witness my neighbors speaking badly about gay people, because in the South people smile to your face and talk about you behind your back.

stromboli

Quote from: Baruch on September 04, 2015, 12:32:57 PM
Different Anglo-Saxon communities colonized N America ... five different ones:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion%27s_Seed

Is your place of origin in England, still controlling how you see your fellow Anglo Americans?

Got any Welsh in there?

The problem now is not how messed up this woman is, but how the conservatives use her. Ted Cruz (gag) is already saying she is being jailed for her beliefs, which is BS. She was jailed for contempt of court and defying a federal mandate.

I don't know if Davis is trying to use this as a platform for her personal gain or just blindly pinheaded because of her religion, but I guarantee this shit will be in the news for weeks and probably all the way to election night. But bottom line she is a bigot and should be labeled as one.

TomFoolery

Quote from: GSOgymrat on September 04, 2015, 12:47:23 PM
I too live in the South and I never witness my neighbors speaking badly about gay people, because in the South people smile to your face and talk about you behind your back.

Or stand on street corners with signs condemning sin, but you're right, they rarely just talk person to person about the dangers of Sodom.

My husband and I went to a movie last weekend and there were two guys standing at the off-ramp of the highway with poster boards, Bibles and bullhorns. We had a green light and rolled by and I couldn't make out what they were saying, but the poster board simply said "John 3:16." At least it was a Bible verse more neutrally associated with love I suppose. I wasn't about to ask my husband to stop so we could get out and find out what they were railing against.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?