News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Serpent seed

Started by Termin, September 01, 2015, 11:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Termin

I've only ran into this twice, and I'm hoping someone can fill me in on this.

As I understand it , there are those who believe Cain was the love child of Eve and
Satan , and generally this doesn't lead to anything good. Question is

How the hell can they seriously make such an assumption where there is nothing close in the bible that even hints that eve and Satan did the horizontal mambo ?

Is there any basis for this other than ignorance ?
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Hydra009

Quote from: Genesis chapter 4, verse 1Adam[a] made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain.
The lineage seems pretty straightforward to me.

dtq123

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c004.html
Basically, it said that there were unspoken children in the bible, because apparently Cain and Abel are all who mattered to god

QuoteHis brothers, Abel (Genesis 4:2) and Seth (Genesis 4:25), were part of the first generation of children ever born on this earth.

QuoteEven though only these three males are mentioned by name, Adam and Eve had other children. In Genesis 5:4 a statement sums up the life of Adam and Eveâ€"“And the days of Adam after he had fathered Seth were eight hundred years. And he fathered sons and daughters.” This does not say when they were born. Many could have been born in the 130 years (Genesis 5:3) before Seth was born.
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: dtq123 on September 01, 2015, 11:58:40 PM
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c004.html
Basically, it said that there were unspoken children in the bible, because apparently Cain and Abel are all who mattered to god

Well, isn't that a relief to know. As most tell this story, Cain must have really angered his god because somehow or anther we are here, therefore he must have had children. Without sisters, the only way that he could have done that would have been through anal intercourse with his brother, which would have made for an understandably tempestuous relationship, and it may have been more a case of lover's passion as much as jealousy which motivated him to kill his brother. That anal intercourse could lead to pregnancy in males isn't much of a stretch when you consider that people often lived for more than 900 years in those days as well. Whether it was through this sort of incest, or incest with one of his sisters, isn't it a miracle that we aren't all fucked in the head on account of that. But wait, we really are a bit violent by nature, and billions are prone to believing the most inane sort of woo...

Well, I'll be, and doesn't that explain it just perfectly! Humanity bears the mark of stupidity born of incest, and the book of Genesis explains how that happened, therefore it must be true! Maybe Creation really did happen in 6 days.  :pray:
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Munch

Just remember this is a book that in part2 had God pork uglies with Mary, despite never actually touching her and her already married to another guy, so they just make it up as they go.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Most of the Bible, isn't in the Bible ... it was in the cultural context of the original authors/hearers (most people heard the Bible, and at the Temple as lyric).  Some of the context has survived until today as extra biblical material.  Some of this also shows up in the Quran and in the Haggadah (story parts) of the Talmud and other Jewish writings.

Adam's first wife was Lilith ... she as the original women's libber ... wanted to be on top, not on the bottom, didn't want any children, and basically abandoned her husband by jumping the shark (the wall around Eden).  Later she married Samael (who is not Satan).  Samael is chief of the Earth demons.  Lilith's punishment is to have continuous children, all of which she aborts ... and she is in charge of making pregnancy, delivery, post partum difficult (as pur G-d's curse) and causing still born and early infant death ... as queen of the Earth demons.  This mythology came out of Mesopotamia.  Satan is G-d's PM/attorney general ... it means Adversary ... which is what an attorney general does to the accused.  Of course the popular mind conflated lots of stuff together.

Meanwhile, what was G-d doing with Mary?  G-d had a stand-in, Gabriel, breath sweet nothings into Mary's ear (the Word ... get it?) and that is why Mary's hymen was unbroken.  Of if you prefer the gods are over-sexed aliens who like Earth women.  Certainly worked that way for Zeus.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Termin on September 01, 2015, 11:40:17 PM
  I've only ran into this twice, and I'm hoping someone can fill me in on this.

As I understand it , there are those who believe Cain was the love child of Eve and
Satan , and generally this doesn't lead to anything good. Question is

How the hell can they seriously make such an assumption where there is nothing close in the bible that even hints that eve and Satan did the horizontal mambo ?

Is there any basis for this other than ignorance ?
The deeply religious are deeply insane.  who knows what can spew froth from such imaginations!?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on September 02, 2015, 07:16:07 AM
Most of the Bible, isn't in the Bible ... it was in the cultural context of the original authors/hearers (most people heard the Bible, and at the Temple as lyric).  Some of the context has survived until today as extra biblical material.  Some of this also shows up in the Quran and in the Haggadah (story parts) of the Talmud and other Jewish writings.

Adam's first wife was Lilith ... she as the original women's libber ... wanted to be on top, not on the bottom, didn't want any children, and basically abandoned her husband by jumping the shark (the wall around Eden).  Later she married Samael (who is not Satan).  Samael is chief of the Earth demons.  Lilith's punishment is to have continuous children, all of which she aborts ... and she is in charge of making pregnancy, delivery, post partum difficult (as pur G-d's curse) and causing still born and early infant death ... as queen of the Earth demons.  This mythology came out of Mesopotamia.  Satan is G-d's PM/attorney general ... it means Adversary ... which is what an attorney general does to the accused.  Of course the popular mind conflated lots of stuff together.

Meanwhile, what was G-d doing with Mary?  G-d had a stand-in, Gabriel, breath sweet nothings into Mary's ear (the Word ... get it?) and that is why Mary's hymen was unbroken.  Of if you prefer the gods are over-sexed aliens who like Earth women.  Certainly worked that way for Zeus.

Much has been said of Lilith, but what about Samuel? What was he like, and what sort of relationship did they have? Did she ride on top of him? Did she dominate the King of Demons, and have him beg her to hurt him?

It's also kind of interesting how Lilith wasn't only cursed, so was her name - I'll probably never meet a woman by that name, unless her mother was like Cher. On the other hand, Samuel is a common name for a regular dude, revered biblical figures, and world leaders for socio-political change.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Baruch

Spelling alert!  Sam-ael ... not Sam-uel.  But autocorrect doesn't like Samael, it autocorrects to Samuel.  Proof that autocorrect is demonic ;-)

Well there have been things written about Samael ... but not in the usual places you might read them ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samael

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13055-samael
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Well I'll be damned.. you mean those happy horseshit illustrated Bible Story books at hospitals aren't true? I thought that if it's in a doctor's waiting room it HAS to be true.  I'm expecting my yacht to be delivered any day now. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on September 02, 2015, 07:00:55 PM
Spelling alert!  Sam-ael ... not Sam-uel.  But autocorrect doesn't like Samael, it autocorrects to Samuel.  Proof that autocorrect is demonic ;-)

Well there have been things written about Samael ... but not in the usual places you might read them ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samael

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13055-samael

Yep, and sometimes my own eyes auto-correct to what I expect to see, therefore I too am demonic. Demons, however you may spell the word in the culture of computer programming, are really no different when they help or inhibit humans, other than the untracked stuff which encodes them into one's head. No metaphysical monsters are really out to get you.

Baruch

Metaphysical monsters would be memes anyway ... and they are quite real.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on September 03, 2015, 12:46:13 PM
Metaphysical monsters would be memes anyway ... and they are quite real.
Yeah, I suppose memes are "out to get you", but at least they aren't a mystery beyond your control.

1liesalot

In response to the original thread, I would venture to suggest that it doesn't matter what people believed about Adam and Even and Kane and Abel any more than it matters what people believe about Lady Macbeth. They are all fictional characters.

Baruch

Mrs Clinton is a fictional character ... at least her public persona.  And she resembles Lady MacBeth a lot ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.