News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Refugee Crisis

Started by stromboli, September 01, 2015, 11:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonb

Quote from: pr126 on November 06, 2015, 10:57:54 AM
If you think that western values and culture is equal to, or even inferior to Islamic values and culture then you have a problem.

No I think western culture is the best, it is you who always plays the card that Islam wins in any encounter. Part of the reason why western culture is for me so powerful is that it is outward looking. It does not need to build walls around itself to keep the outside world at arms length and hide in fear, it is strong and goes into the unknown. There is no other culture that I have encountered with such a strong basic belief in individuality.

You who has shown no understanding of this. A person who advocates the building of walls and hiding in little boxes. That frequently says those people are all the same, who is the primary enemy of my culture.

Shiranu

Quote from: josephpalazzo on November 06, 2015, 10:04:55 AM

Please ask your father to stop wrecking the world! Enough already.

A side note: I must have attacked Christians hundreds of times on this forum, and I don't remember Shiranu ever coming to their defense, but raise any criticism on Islam, and there he is, raising his ugly face. He's probably a member of some Islamic organisation which gets funding from Saudi Arabia. AFAIC, he's on my ignore list where he belongs.
Quote from: josephpalazzo on November 06, 2015, 10:04:55 AM

Please ask your father to stop wrecking the world! Enough already.

A side note: I must have attacked Christians hundreds of times on this forum, and I don't remember Shiranu ever coming to their defense, but raise any criticism on Islam, and there he is, raising his ugly face. He's probably a member of some Islamic organisation which gets funding from Saudi Arabia. AFAIC, he's on my ignore list where he belongs.

Wait, I could be making that Saudi oil money for this? All I got was a lousey t-shirt...what the hell:/.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

@jonb:

Our culture is weakened, we are in full appeasement mode, we are frightened to criticize Islam, our governments punishes those who dare to do so.

Our values are not the same as our fathers' were, those who lost their lives for the freedom that this generation so indifferent to lose.

This freedom is not ours to give away, we are custodians of it for the future generations.

Edit:

We open our borders to anybody, come and get anything you want, rape our women and children, we are past caring.

That is what became of our values.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on November 06, 2015, 11:39:41 AM

@jonb:

Our culture is weakened, we are in full appeasement mode, we are frightened to criticize Islam, our governments punishes those who dare to do so.

Our values are not the same as our fathers' were, those who lost their lives for the freedom that this generation so indifferent to lose.

This freedom is not ours to give away, we are custodians of it for the future generations.

You should quote from this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Decline_of_the_West

But be disturbed by where and when it was published  ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on November 06, 2015, 11:03:51 AM
Hum, Islam is superior...

http://thetab.com/2015/07/26/gang-of-preachers-stage-islam-is-superior-protest-in-london-46675

And Man United is the best in football (soccer), right?  Well #4 right now in Premiere League.

People are always going on about beating their chests ... does this bother you?  If one is of a puritanical bent ... and some non-Muslims are ... Islam is clearly superior in regards to profanity, promiscuity and the use of intoxicants.  Fortunately I am not a puritan (though rabbinic Jews are).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

jonb

Quote from: pr126 on November 06, 2015, 11:39:41 AM

@jonb:

No, my culture is strong, and allows discussion and different points of view, from those on the left who criticise everything western to those on the right who are so paranoid that they would kill the culture itself.

Old man's talk, just read any writer in history talking about the next generation, the world is always about to end. My father and grandfather taught me my values and son and daughter hold to them too. If you think I'm provocative and argumentative you don't want to get on my daughters bad side.

Yes it is. If the west was not governed by idiots who only think about short term financial gain, it is capable of spreading freedom. If instead of hiding freedom in little boxes behind walls which kills it, you had the bravery to stand up as a free man you would see the spreading of freedom is what free people do, it is all about not being afraid of bogeymen.

pr126

pr126

A 45 second symbol of the West's ability to defend itself against Islamic Jihad, Hijrah and Sharia.

Why put the 4 police men there at all? Must have known that it would be a futile effort.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on November 06, 2015, 12:19:27 PM
Not everybody wants freedom

Tough shit for them then.  If they want to curtail my freedom, then they are going to get a fist sandwich!

Seriously though ... I am not worried about the survival of Western culture.  But it won't be the culture of 18th century Europe in the future, any more than it is the culture of 18th century Europe now.  Silk dot facial blemishes are so over ... dude!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

jonb

Quote from: pr126 on November 06, 2015, 12:19:27 PM
Not everybody wants freedom

Of course they want like you to sit in their little comfort zones and not be questioned.

Baruch

Quote from: jonb on November 06, 2015, 12:42:02 PM

Of course they want like you to sit in their little comfort zones and not be questioned.

If that was for the purpose of listening to a Hayden concerto ... I could sit still for a little while ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpFaWJQHwbA

The puritan condemnation of music, either in Islam or Puritan Christianity ... is demonic!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Potemkin Refugees

QuoteWe’ve all seen those heartrending and/or uplifting photos of “refugees” arriving in Europe. The earnest-looking fathers and mothers (mom always in hijab) with their tiny adorable children, waiting behind a fence in awful conditions, but remaining stoic and cheerful in the face of their misfortune. The tear-jerking images fill the vidscreens, from a dead toddler on the beach in Turkey through the crying children on Kos to a fallen woman with a baby being protected by her husband on the railway tracks in Budapest.

And we can expect the heartbreaking tableaux to reach ever-greater levels of pathos â€" soon they’ll be freezing in Munich and Berlin, if they aren’t already.

Yes, we’ve all seen those photos and videos, and we all know they’re a misrepresentation of the facts. Or we should know â€" anyone with the mental acuity of a bag of hair can understand that.

The Know Nothings

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on November 07, 2015, 12:38:14 AM
Potemkin Refugees

The Know Nothings

Actually your blog post link was interesting.  American, not European.  So not quite the "ars verite" I would prefer.  But the blog isn't stupid either.  But there is a mixed message ... one of immigration ... but also one of politics and economics.  And if you agree with his politics and economics ... which means to basically despise Europeans in general, and anyone Left of Trump ... then the mixture will hold together (the anti-immigrant with the rest).  Blackshirt, but not Nazi ... more Italian or simply chauvinist.  Not that there is anything wrong with all that ... I find immigration disturbing myself, but I choose not to worry too much about it.  I can appreciate both Left and Right arguments ... though my personal preference is studied neutrality (I don't want to be ideological).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Triumph of the Will [/quote]

QuoteThe following video is a slick professional-quality piece produced by the German Federal Agency for Migration and Refugees about the asylum process. It shows the individual steps that have to be taken in order for a migrant to receive refugee status and permanent residency in Germany.

The video serves two propaganda purposes simultaneously: to show “refugees” the procedures they are to expect, and to highlight to the German public how every part of the asylum process is clean, orderly, shiny, and non-threatening.

Video

QuoteLet’s assume that the asylum process as represented in this film is accurate. It’s very labor-intensive, involving a dozen or more state employees for a protracted period. We’ll make an optimistic guess, and assume it takes fifty man-hours of time on the part of the asylum center employees and agency bureaucrats to process Herr Abbas’ case.

Germany is expecting a million new immigrants by the end of this year, and another two million next year. These numbers will thus require 3,000,000 × 50 man-hours of labor on the part of native Germans. That’s 3,750,000 man-weeks (assuming a forty-hour week) or 72,000 man-years. If the asylum process for all of these migrants is to be completed in a year or less, this means that a minimum of 72,000 employees must be engaged in processing them. And, presuming that some of those employees have additional duties, the number would probably be somewhat larger â€" 150,000, 250,000, maybe half a million. Just to process the first two tranches of “refugees”.

How sustainable is this? How much will such a process cost?

Potemkin Village:

josephpalazzo

Things are heating up in Berlin:

Flashpoint in Berlin as anti-immigration protesters clash with police

What was said, on this thread, and on many other forums I have seen, is that this refugee crisis is not going to go well with the hosting populations of different countries. And since the predictions are some 3 million refugees by the end of 2016, it will get very, very ugly.

QuoteScuffles erupted after police broke up a sit-in by counter-demonstrators, some of whom tried to break through the barriers separating them from the anti-migrant march.

Officers also intervened to stop angry exchanges between rival demonstrators.

More than 1,100 police were necessary in the capital to prevent trouble between the rival demonstrators. 

Ms Merkel has faced a growing backlash over her welcoming stance towards refugees fleeing war and persecution as Germany, Europe's top economy, faces a record influx of up to one million asylum-seekers this year.

Meanwhile, Germany's vice chancellor said today that he considers a proposal made, then shelved, by the interior minister to give many Syrians a restricted asylum status to be finished.

The definitive close to the suggestion indicates that he doesn't want to set off a new round of political infighting over it.