The idea that "you send yourself to hell"

Started by NakedTracyBlack, August 03, 2015, 11:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Babytooth on September 10, 2015, 06:28:00 PM
hunny if you think you can out think the creator how deceived are you??? of course you send yourself to hell for the simple reason that you PREFER evil, and that people have been warned throughout every generation of mankind about God and the way of Holiness. but yet man still through his freewill man seems to love evil so of course you send yourself to hell. today is the day where the greys disappear and every one will be either black or white  or good or evil no more in-betweens  "choose this day who ye will serve". the time is late

Okay. Let's say that we passively choose Hell because we actively love sin. Why do we love sin? Because we have a sin nature. Who designed us? God. See where I'm going with this? If God wanted perfect people who didn't sin, he could make them. Instead, he creates evil people who love to do evil things. And before you start about the "original sin" of Adam, why did God allow Adam to multiply? Why not castrate him and start over with another group of sinless beings? Or even more simply, why did God decide that everyone with Adam's genes would start life with his sinful nature? Why not give newborn babies a sinless nature, instead of making us "born into sin?"
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 13, 2015, 03:35:36 PM
Okay. Let's say that we passively choose Hell because we actively love sin. Why do we love sin? Because we have a sin nature. Who designed us? God. See where I'm going with this? If God wanted perfect people who didn't sin, he could make them. Instead, he creates evil people who love to do evil things. And before you start about the "original sin" of Adam, why did God allow Adam to multiply? Why not castrate him and start over with another group of sinless beings? Or even more simply, why did God decide that everyone with Adam's genes would start life with his sinful nature? Why not give newborn babies a sinless nature, instead of making us "born into sin?"
Shame on you Blackleaf!  Using logic again!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

doorknob

Baruch

1. If you are a demon in human form, going to Hell is a good thing, not a bad thing ... you are going home, and like it hot!

2. In early Christianity the creed says that Jesus descended into Hades to free those already dead.  Perhaps something like post-life baptism that the Mormons practice.  Of course this is a direct copy from the Mysteries of Orpheus.  So if Hell is good enough for Jesus temporarily, it is good enough for me?  This is also polemical ... the present generation is dead and living in Hell already, Jesus descent was his Earthly ministry?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

1liesalot

Quote from: Baruch on September 14, 2015, 01:10:44 PM
1. If you are a demon in human form, going to Hell is a good thing, not a bad thing ... you are going home, and like it hot!

2. In early Christianity the creed says that Jesus descended into Hades to free those already dead.  Perhaps something like post-life baptism that the Mormons practice.  Of course this is a direct copy from the Mysteries of Orpheus.  So if Hell is good enough for Jesus temporarily, it is good enough for me?  This is also polemical ... the present generation is dead and living in Hell already, Jesus descent was his Earthly ministry?

But I thought everyone who has ever died (except Jesus) rots where they were buried until the psychotic delinquent in the sky presides over judgement day. I don't know what happens to the people who have been cremated.

Baruch

That isn't what the early Apostle's Creed says ... "he descended into hell" ... 1 Peter mentions Jesus preaching there ... "For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead".  As to whom if any ascended with Jesus ... opinion is mixed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gerard

Quote from: Baruch on September 15, 2015, 06:36:04 PM
That isn't what the early Apostle's Creed says ... "he descended into hell" ... 1 Peter mentions Jesus preaching there ... "For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead".  As to whom if any ascended with Jesus ... opinion is mixed.

1. Peter is thought to be one of the pseudographica (forgeries) in the New Testament.

Gerard

widdershins

Quote from: soonerboomer001. on August 28, 2015, 02:06:50 PM
To begin with God did not make hell for people, it was originally created for Satan and his imps for their rebellion against God and heaven. It became the place for humans who deny Jesus after the crucifixion. I agree with the statements that people send themselves to hell because they are given mercies everyday, when the choice is made to deny Jesus, they have sealed their fate. God had nothing to do with the killing done by Hitler. Death, disease and evil are all brought about because of sin. God does not force us to believe, he gives free will because he loves us. You are making a choice for your life by choosing to be a homosexual, a sin that God calls an abomination, however if you choose to believe, your sin will be wiped away. Satan is the entity to blame for the evil, death and disease in the world, he walks about seeking who he can kill, steal,and destroy he seeks who he can devour. Satan knows he's spending eternity in hell and he wants as many souls to be miserable with him.

Sent from my SGH-T399N using Tapatalk

What a load of crap.  In typical fashion you muddle what we actually do and do not believe to suit your own purpose.  I do not "deny Jesus".  To "deny" Jesus I would have to believe that he really was a 10th level Hooba Jooba wizard who really did cast spells left and right, but pretend I didn't know that was true.  The REALITY is that I simply don't believe in magic.  I've never seen magic.  I've seen a lot of jackasses who claimed magic was real or that they had some magical powers, but as far as I've ever seen if you use your dick for a magic wand to heal the sick the BEST you can hope for is the OPPOSITE of healing, chlamydia.

I do not "deny Jesus".  I do not "deny God".  I simply don't believe magic to be a real thing and don't think "because I say so" or "because a book says so" to be very good reasons to believe magic to be a real thing.  There is no "denying" involved there.  AT BEST you could say I have been fooled by Satan into not believing.  But that really doesn't fit with your belief that I send myself to Hell because then I'd go there for being tricked, not for doing something bad.  And that's why you have to fool yourself into believing that I've made some conscious choice to actively deny what I apparently know to be true.  But that isn't the case.  That isn't based in reality.  My lack of belief isn't due to an active choice I made.  My lack of belief is the logical conclusion drawn from the fact that, of all the magical powers ever mentioned in the Bible, I've seen precisely ZERO magical powers.

To say that I "deny Jesus" is disingenuous, a fallacious argument and, frankly, a false claim.  It's a security blanket you use to shield yourself from the absolute fact that simply not believing something for which there is no evidence is not deserving of eternal torture.  So you muddy the water, you exaggerate the claim, you exacerbate the culpability by quietly claiming that there is somehow more to it than simply disbelief, that it's instead an active rejection of good and virtue.  But that's simply not true.  I didn't kick your god in the ass when he came by my place and tell him to go screw himself as you would like to believe.  I simply don't believe he exists because I've never seen magic, so I don't believe any magic exists.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

Quote from: Gerard on September 15, 2015, 07:01:44 PM
1. Peter is thought to be one of the pseudographica (forgeries) in the New Testament.

Gerard

They are all forgeries ... but believed to be true by the ancients (and some moderns) ... that anthropology is real.  Hinduism is real, even if Krishna is not.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: 1liesalot on September 15, 2015, 08:36:44 AM
But I thought everyone who has ever died (except Jesus) rots where they were buried until the psychotic delinquent in the sky presides over judgement day. I don't know what happens to the people who have been cremated.

Should know by now that cremation isn't Christian...

TopCat

You know christians are going to hell too. You know why? They aren't Muslim or Jehovah witnesses.  Christians are also hypocritical.  How can you say a gay person is going to hell when you don't even do half the shit the bible says anyway.

Baruch

Quote from: TopCat on September 27, 2015, 01:46:35 AM
You know christians are going to hell too. You know why? They aren't Muslim or Jehovah witnesses.  Christians are also hypocritical.  How can you say a gay person is going to hell when you don't even do half the shit the bible says anyway.

Here is one Jewish man's attempt: http://www.amazon.com/Year-Living-Biblically-Literally-Possible/dp/0743291484/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443342959&sr=8-1&keywords=A+year+living+biblically

Even rabbis don't follow all the 613 laws (not just 10): http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Why so much preoccupation with the afterlife when there are so many challenges in this life??!?

stromboli

I'd love to send myself to hell, but I don't know the zip code and what about the postage?

Mike Cl

Quote from: stromboli on September 27, 2015, 08:36:50 AM
I'd love to send myself to hell, but I don't know the zip code and what about the postage?
The zip code is 'down there' and the postage is free.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?