News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

101 reasons not to be an atheist

Started by Logical One, March 26, 2015, 06:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doorknob

well guess it just proves how incorrect the gospel can be.

Ace101

From a diest POV, I'd say it's harder to accept that there is order or meaning to the universe as an atheist - as in someone who positively believes no god or higher order exists.

Mermaid

Quote from: Ace101 on March 29, 2015, 02:14:19 PM
From a diest POV, I'd say it's harder to accept that there is order or meaning to the universe as an atheist - as in someone who positively believes no god or higher order exists.
I have never found it hard at all to accept order and meaning in the universe--biology, chemistry and physics explain the natural order of things.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hydra009

Quote from: Ace101 on March 29, 2015, 02:14:19 PMFrom a diest POV, I'd say it's harder to accept that there is order or meaning to the universe as an atheist - as in someone who positively believes no god or higher order exists.
It all depends on what you mean by "order" and "meaning".  If you're talking about some sort of supernatural agency, atheists are certainly going to balk at that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mermaid on March 29, 2015, 02:24:24 PM
I have never found it hard at all to accept order and meaning in the universe--biology, chemistry and physics explain the natural order of things.
Mermaid, let me join you in that.  In fact, the more I have thought about this, the more I find it makes much more sense and gives more 'meaning' to the universe without a god or supernatural cause.  The universe creates the conditions that cause life.  It is up to that life to give meaning to anything--the universe is unaware of our existence or of any meaning we give it. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Quote from: Ace101 on March 29, 2015, 02:14:19 PM
yeah well that happens when your intellect settles on "magic shit did that". You should try to get your GED.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Ace101

Quote from: aitm on March 29, 2015, 04:37:00 PM
yeah well that happens when your intellect settles on "magic shit did that". You should try to get your GED.
Yeah, the founders sure were stupid individuals - hah

aitm

Quote from: Ace101 on March 29, 2015, 05:44:09 PM
Yeah, the founders sure were stupid individuals - hah
not as stupid as your god who thought the sky was water and the sun revolved around the earth. LOLOL dipshit
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Ace101

Quote from: aitm on March 29, 2015, 05:45:53 PM
not as stupid as your god who thought the sky was water and the sun revolved around the earth. LOLOL dipshit
You don't even know what deism is? Amazing...

Ace101

Deism doesn't contradict science, it only explains the origin of existence itself, everything within existence is only explained by science - the amount of dumbass replies I see is hilarious.

Munch

right I believe 66 was the last, so moving along.

67. I get to enjoy great singers like this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tryxAwbH-kk
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mermaid

Quote from: Ace101 on March 29, 2015, 05:59:16 PM
Deism doesn't contradict science, it only explains the origin of existence itself, everything within existence is only explained by science - the amount of dumbass replies I see is hilarious.
Then why the creationism vs evolution debate?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

aitm

68. I get to make up bullshit claims about god(s) that cannot be proven and I assume the moral high ground based on that bullshittery.

Mermaid

69. I get to wear MAGIC UNDERWEAR.

stromboli

70. And when the underwear is worn out I get TO BURN IT.