News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

101 reasons not to be an atheist

Started by Logical One, March 26, 2015, 06:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconic Aiur

82. Atheists smoke pot eat yogurt and masturbate at the same time(no seriously we smoke pot)

doorknob

83. I have to give up 10% of my income so I can't spend it on drugs! Or prostitutes!

GrinningYMIR

84. If I'm religious I can spend quality time yelling my at people who aren't religious!
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mike Cl

Quote from: doorknob on April 01, 2015, 08:06:07 AM
83. I have to give up 10% of my income so I can't spend it on drugs! Or prostitutes!
Don't tell that last part to Jimmy Swaggert!!!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mister Agenda

"Its only fair this forum have the other end of the spectrum, (you know the stupid part that is religion). Censoring so would be a violation of free speech (even though I admit I am pretty fucking stupid), and prove the forum only allows one side of an argument.(despite the fact that I have only read one thread so I must be a fucking expert about this place)."-OP

The principle of free speech is that the government shouldn't censor speech without a compelling and urgent reason. It does not mean you can say whaterver you want on an internet forum, which is privately owned. As long as you adhere to the rules to which you agreed when you joined, you won't have any trouble.

Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Munch

We're getting close now.

85. I get to admire the gold covered architecture of the Vatican and churches and cathedrals knowing God had it made in his name, while remembering the dying children in Africa just didn't pray hard enough for his help.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

kilodelta

86. As a theist, I don't have to fill out 101 reasons not to be an atheist.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Unbeliever

87. As an atheist I can't just assume that an all-powerful God considers me to be of overwhelming importance.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

88. As a theist, I get to look at anyone who isn't exactly the same as me, same skin tone, sexual identity or political belief, and offer them the chance to be just like me, or remind them they will burn forever in hell for not doing so.

Mr.Obvious

89. As a theist, I can always find a circlejerk online and don't have to coexist with people with different opinions.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Aletheia

90. A reason not to be an atheist: People immediately assume the worst about you, and very rarely does that impression ever change.

91. Being an atheist is not for the weak, for when life comes crashing down, there isn't a belief that an all-powerful deity thinks you matter. Rather, when you are down in the dumps, you have to deal with the grim fact that you're not getting back up unless you pick yourself back up.

93. When you're an atheist, it becomes clear that your life does not have a meaningful purpose unless you give it one. When bad things happen, you have to accept them as circumstances running counter to your goals in life, instead of thinking they are all part of some meaningful plan that a supreme being has for you.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Munch

To go with recent development.

94. Being a theist means I can to protect innocent unborn fetus' from mothers who choose to kill them, because every life, even in the development stages, is precious, more precious then the mothers who made the choice.

kilodelta

95. As a theist, I can name my children after the son of god and be done with parenting as soon as it starts.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Green Bottle

96 As a Theist i can totally ignore Reason and Common Sense...
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Hijiri Byakuren

97. As a theist, no one would look at me funny if I went to a church just because I was curious what pastors are saying these days.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel