News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello....from the frozen tundra that is Canada!

Started by Truthhasfallen, March 23, 2015, 05:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Truthhasfallen

Thanks for the welcome ....after a brief scroll through all the comments, I tell you I really feel the loooovvvveeee!  :biggrin2:

But seriously, most have been tactful and gracious in their responses far and seem to be open to intellectually honest discussion. Something I welcome 1000% and hope to return.  However, the brashness and impetuous responses of a few tells me that such respectful interactions may not always be possible. 

If it wasn't for other more pressing responsibilities, I'd love to sit and chat/post 24hrs a day.  But alas, my time is restricted, so although I may not respond to all your comments, be assured I will read them when I can. But I can assure you, I am still here. 

I'm looking forward to chatting with most of you.   
Truth Has Fallen

There's only two ways to be deceived...

1) to believe something that's not true, or
2) not believe something that is true.

What's worse: believing in someone you can't see, or having an insatiable, ravenous and ferocious hatred for someone who doesn't exist?

Solomon Zorn

Glad to see you're still around! And an early riser! Maybe I'll catch you online sometimes.

I get up at 4 every morning just to celebrate the day with some music (I like classic rock). I also get my best poetry inspiration early, usually from the morning news (don't neglect the poem that I left for you).

I used to be a Christian, and like to argue apologetics from time to time.

Again, welcome!
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Sal1981

Hi.

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on March 23, 2015, 05:12:58 PM
...I smell something in the wind. Could it be? Fresh meat! PREY!

The swarm approaches.

Also welcome.
lol

Truthhasfallen

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 25, 2015, 06:54:46 AM
Glad to see you're still around! And an early riser! Maybe I'll catch you online sometimes.

I get up at 4 every morning just to celebrate the day with some music (I like classic rock). I also get my best poetry inspiration early, usually from the morning news (don't neglect the poem that I left for you).

I used to be a Christian, and like to argue apologetics from time to time.

Again, welcome!

Thanks man!  Yes, checked out the poem. You definitely got a gift there - very articulate and intelligible.
Truth Has Fallen

What's worse: believing in someone you can't see, or having an insatiable, ravenous and ferocious hatred for someone who doesn't exist?

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Solomon Zorn

Thanks, Tr...can I call you, "Mooses?" Your name is so long to write, and THF seems so impersonal.

Solomon Zorn

QuoteWhat's worse: believing in someone you can't see, or having an insatiable, ravenous and ferocious hatred for someone who doesn't exist?
Don't misrepresent my despising of my own past delusions, and my derision for the mythology that helped create them, as hatred for God. I am done with loving/hating God.

Truthhasfallen

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 25, 2015, 04:43:48 PM
Thanks, Tr...can I call you, "Mooses?" Your name is so long to write, and THF seems so impersonal.

Sure thing!
Truth Has Fallen

Mike Cl

THF--you post this statement under you name: What's worse: believing in someone you can't see, or having an insatiable, ravenous and ferocious hatred for someone who doesn't exist?

What is worse?  Believing in someone who you can't see---that depends upon who that 'someone' is and to what purpose you believe in that someone.  I suppose you are alluding to Jesus Christ?  The evidence points toward his being a creation of myth, created more for politics and maintaining power than anything else.  His words vary so much that one can believe in almost anything with his name attached to it. 

You also suggest--.....or having an insatiable, ravenous and ferocious hatred for someone who doesn't exist?  I don't hate Jesus Christ (that would be like saying I hated the tooth fairy), but I do hate all the violence, stupidity, and destruction that is caused while invoking his name--and I hate the institutions who foster that violence and destruction.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Solomon Zorn

You're over 10 posts now, Mooses. If there's something you want to discuss you can start a new thread anywhere on the forum.

Solomon Zorn

Just a quick tangent:

Hey Mike! Congratulations on evolving into an algae! I'm still a fun Gus. Is Shiranu the only homo-sapiens? He's the only one I've seen.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 25, 2015, 05:41:25 PM
Just a quick tangent:

Hey Mike! Congratulations on evolving into an algae! I'm still a fun Gus. Is Shiranu the only homo-sapiens? He's the only one I've seen.
Thanks, Solomon.  I did not notice that until now.  I look forward being with you in fun gus. :)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 25, 2015, 05:55:21 PM
Thanks, Solomon.  I did not notice that until now.  I look forward being with you in fun gus. :)
It's I who will be an algae in a mere 80 more posts!

Ooo! 420 gets a celebration as well, it seems!  :weed:

Mike Cl

And your right, Solomon, I haven't seen many homo's of the sapien type running around here myself.