News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello....from the frozen tundra that is Canada!

Started by Truthhasfallen, March 23, 2015, 05:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

"What religious character wanders the wilds of Canada?"

"Mooses."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

This is what I got when I typed "religious character" into google. We could start like a whole wtf? thread on just those two words.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Truthhasfallen on March 23, 2015, 05:05:48 PM
Hello All...

Yes, as I write this, it's still -14 Celsius here! In March, this should be illegal.... 

Just came across the board today while doing online research. Very interesting site with what appears to be some very interesting topics.  Gonna love dropping a spoonful of common sense into the sea of ignorance! ;) A simple dose of medicine for the professing believer, agnostic and atheist alike.

Who am I?  I'm someone who, through the search for truth has come to faith in Jesus Christ. I do like to use the brain God gave me, so my thinking takes me outside the box...sometimes waaayyy outside the box.  A Theistic philosopher you might say.  That's THEISTIC, not ATHEISTIC! What a world of difference a couple of spaces can make! 

Anyways, glad to be here.....

If you're serious, meet me down in the Debate section. If not, prepare to be munched by the horde.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

SGOS

Yahoo!  Gimmie some of that ole time religion! 

Is he still here?

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on March 24, 2015, 11:45:30 AM
Yahoo!  Gimmie some of that ole time religion! 

Is he still here?
Seems he scared himself off.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Solitary

This is more entertaining, and his example of love is hilarious because it is just what he is doing: https://youtu.be/6RDRtnjuBL4
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Solitary

:pidu: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: A liar calling another liar a liar is hilarious to me. Will the real liar stand up!  :music2: :kidra: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 24, 2015, 11:59:42 AM
Seems he scared himself off.

Or could be diligently studying his bible so he can launch a devastating attack that will leave us all gasping. We can only hope.

Mike Cl

Quote from: stromboli on March 24, 2015, 01:28:37 PM
Or could be diligently studying his bible so he can launch a devastating attack that will leave us all gasping. We can only hope.
I agree, that would be great fun!!! :))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Solomon Zorn

If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Brian37

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Oh and you can have Ted Cruz back if you want him.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Desdinova

Welcome to our sea of ignorance.  Some of us still believe in evolution!  Can you believe that!  That man evolved from apelike creatures!  How ignorant!  Some of us also believe that Jesus Christ never actually existed.  That he was just made up so people could be easily controlled by a promise of everlasting life!  We also believe that gays, lesbians and all manner of deviant humans deserve equality and respect.  Please bestow upon us enlightenment so that we too can bask in it's mind altering glow.  We eagerly await you wisdom. 
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 24, 2015, 08:20:35 AM
"What religious character wanders the wilds of Canada?"

"Mooses."
Oooh! Can we PLEASE call you, "Mooses?" :biggrin2:
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com