News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheists Unite!

Started by SkyChief, March 14, 2015, 01:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyChief

Okay... we all know that atheists are like a herd of cats. Uniting just aint in our wheelhouse. 

But we all have ONE thing in common. No need to expound on that.

Personally, I am also anti-theist.  And this can be a tough row to hoe.  I greatly admire the late Christopher Hitchens. (he was) A very intellectually honest man, imo.

R. Dawkins, B. Nye, L. Krauss, S. Harris,  AronRa,  et al,  certainly deserve honorable mention.

The initials R.C. makes the stomach bile collect in the esophagus and causes me great dis-comfort  (pun intended).  I always feel the urge to bathe after listening to to the utter b.s. that the man spews.  He is the proverbial poster-child for delusional reasoning.  Check out his convoluted  'banana' theorem.  It's a hoot!

Okay,  just sticking to protocol;  thanks for reading.
"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."    - Albert Einstein

Munch

As past experience has taught me, I'm not one for mob mentality anymore, since such things can shift ideologies with nothing but a word or two.
I prefer Independent thought on ideas we've come too ourselves and just happen to share with others, that's what makes us different to all the theistic morons who need someone to preach their ideas and beliefs to in a uniformed hive mind. That is the pure definition of all religion, and why when I see these 'churches' for atheism, I cringe.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

I have been atheistic all my life. I've been anti-theistic since 2008.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Aletheia

Welcome!

There are plenty of groups of atheist organizations out there - some work to maintain the separation of church and state, others take a special interest in LGBT rights, promoting rational thinking, some are humanists, some are charities, etc.

So, it comes down to, once a group of people get together who do not believe in a god, what else do they want do? This depends on where the overlaps are. For instance, lots of free thinkers are atheists, so their organization will be more focused on encouraging rational thinking. This is what atheists do when they unite - they look for common goals to work toward.

Not all of these goals necessarily have to be world changing. For example, I'm sure there could be an Atheist Beer Drinkers Association where atheists around the country gather due to an innate love of beer.

Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Solomon Zorn

After a little research, I figured out who the fuck R.C. is. Now I understand your pun, but it's no funnier than before I looked it up.

But sense of humor notwithstanding, welcome fellow anti-theist! I see this indoctrination all around me, and I feel obligated to shine a black-light of reason on the religious fecal matter staining their worldview. Point it out, and let them stew in the knowledge, till they decide to clean it off.

If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Desdinova

Welcome to the forum.

Like Solomon Zorn, I had no idea who R.C. was until I googled banana theory and you are correct.  The man is a moron.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Green Bottle

Afternoon Skychief an Welcome to the Forum.................. :shifty:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

stromboli

Qchan

Quote from: SkyChief on March 14, 2015, 01:52:41 AM
Okay... we all know that atheists are like a herd of cats. Uniting just aint in our wheelhouse. 

Why do you suppose that is? Many places in which atheists seem to get together are very hostile. The moment I started posting here, I was immediately attacked for having a slightly diverse view.

SGOS

Quote from: Qchan on March 17, 2015, 01:08:21 PM
Why do you suppose that is? Many places in which atheists seem to get together are very hostile. The moment I started posting here, I was immediately attacked for having a slightly diverse view.

It was not for your diverse view.

Qchan

Solitary

It could be for your attitude! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Desdinova

Quote from: Solitary on March 18, 2015, 05:06:42 PM
It could be for your attitude! Solitary

Ding, ding, ding, ding!
We have a winner!
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.