Watch this mom disprove evolution!

Started by PickelledEggs, November 30, 2014, 10:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Mermaid

For the internet-challenged people who can't watch this video (like us), here is a writeup of this, um. Event.

We were just at this museum in October and stumbled into this exhibit, making this person's claims funnier for me. For the record, it's a truly excellent exhibit that can be understood on many levels--young children through adults. It is quite broad yet comprehensive, and explains in very clear and simple (and unarguable) terms how plants and animals evolve. So the commentary from this woman is a really good demonstration of willful ignorance and bias. Her comment about animals just growing feet from fins is a testament to her completely not getting at all what the display--and scientific method--and the theory of evolution-- are about. At all.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/11/24/christian-fundamentalist-goes-science-museum-audit-its-liberal-bias-makes-ass-self-video/

I would love to hear this woman's take on the exhibit at the very nearby Chicago Museum of Science of Industry called Prenatal Development, which features real embryos, fetuses and a fully developed baby, all, of course, dead, and floating in fluid and on display.

http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/you/the-exhibit/your-beginning/prenatal-development/
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hydra009

Quote[about fish-tetrapod evolution] “It’s not like their fins fell off and they grew feet! That’s what they want you to believe, that their fins fell off and then they grew some feet and started walking on the land. This is the dumbest theory I’ve ever heard in my whole life. It’s not good, it’s really not good. It’s bad. It’s very bad. Do you know how complex feet are?”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZYGYjnGMWQ

I guess these fish didn't get the memo.

Gawdzilla Sama

There should be a trap door in front of that exhibit. Soylent Green truck below.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

stromboli

Green Bottle

And the really scary thing is that millions of people across the planet think the same as that Stupid woman.... :axe:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Munch

Quote from: Atheon on November 30, 2014, 01:39:55 PM
Oh god, the stupid, the stupid....

*pat pat* its okay, just remember, we live in the same world as Bill Nye and Richard Dawkins too, so it all balances out
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Desdinova

I think the strongest argument against evolution is the mere fact that this woman exists.  She should have been hit by a bus or something by now.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Desdinova on December 01, 2014, 04:06:34 PM
I think the strongest argument against evolution is the mere fact that this woman exists.  She should have been hit by a bus or something by now.
Or forgot how to breath/eat/avoid fatal disease.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Desdinova on December 01, 2014, 04:06:34 PM

It's an even stronger argument against intelligent design though. :p
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

I ðŸ'œ the armoured sceptic, such an awesome youtuber.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin