News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

NFL Discussion Thread

Started by The Dude, February 25, 2013, 09:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Hmmm..so Incognito and Martin were best of friends? ..something isn't white in the rice here.. Some cover up seems to be going on, but we'll see..maybe.. :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

TWO FEET, TWO FEET TWO FEET, TWO FUCKING FEET! If anyone saw the game or caught the highlights of last night's Redskins vs Vikings game, knows why I typed in caps!
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

aitm

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"
Quote from: "aitm"I know some of you are naysayers, but I think the Pats are going to win the Superbowl. Some of may start crying now at your discretion.
Yeah, might as well give up being a 45 year fan of the Bengals while I have a chance. After all.. That game against the Pats... :shock:
You are welcome for that APA. When the dance is on and the confetti flies, no one will actually remember who they lost too.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Coyote

Here to give some love to the Eagles.  We will one day hold the precious.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-q8K7TIdUpG8/U ... heory1.jpg

But this year, it's a showdown between the Seahawks and the Broncos.

Second pick is the 49ers vs. Pats

Cuz the fucking Patriots always make it to the fucking superbowl.

Brian37

I'm going to root for the Seahawks if they make it.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "aitm"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"
Quote from: "aitm"I know some of you are naysayers, but I think the Pats are going to win the Superbowl. Some of may start crying now at your discretion.
Yeah, might as well give up being a 45 year fan of the Bengals while I have a chance. After all.. That game against the Pats... :shock:
You are welcome for that APA. When the dance is on and the confetti flies, no one will actually remember who they lost too.
Well it won't be Texas this season. :wink:

Agramon

Anyone a believer in the Chiefs? Their 2 games with Denver will be the real indicators I think.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Poison Tree

Quote from: "Agramon"Anyone a believer in the Chiefs? Their 2 games with Denver will be the real indicators I think.
Obviously all they needed to do was beat the teams that lined up against them, but what is it now, 5 teams in a row playing backup QBs, and not very impressive wins against some of them at that. If they can catch a few breaks they could beat Denver, but I don't think they are the better team. They should hope for wind and rain--except that their run defense hasn't been great.

They were never as bad as their record last year --they had some major pieces injured. I'd argue that getting health has been closer to half of their success, with Smith and Reid as the other half.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

hrdlr110

The Seahawks have been winning, but not overpowering of late. They will go well as long as Wilson stays healthy. They have won games late on account of defences getting tired from chasing Wilson.
You can't fault teams for building their offense around a talented qb, but your backup qb needs to have a similar style game to compliment the surrounding talent just in case of an injury. It's rare that an athletic qb will go the season without missing games.
I'm loving watching the broncos - and the cleverest qb to ever play the game in my opinion. I still love the colts because I think they have the best uniforms in the entire league, but man I love watching Peyton. Anybody have a favourite uniform that maybe isn't just because it's  their favourite team? As for the colts, I love the simplicity, hope they don't change the helmet like many have!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Brian37

I love the Redskins logo, but their current color scheme with the pants and shirts suck.

hrdlr110

Yeah, I do like the redskins helmet as well. Reminds me of my childhood - I had nfl sheets on my bed. And, I'm 1/16th American Indian. (I don't want a name change by the way) Any team that hasn't changed their helmet, I like for nostalgia reasons alone. Patriots were cool, then they changed. Bengals are maybe the only one that changed for the better. Even that took a while to accept. The teams do try to keep older fans happy with throwback uniforms on occasion, but they go too far back I think - most of those fans are long gone or are in nursing homes.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

hrdlr110

I only vaguely remember the R with the headdress, that is very close to the time I first took an interest in the game. Then came the side view of a warrior with the similar headdress. I hadn't realized the number of changes until I looked it it up. I wonder how many other teams have made these subtle changes that have been difficult to notice???

mykcob4

I think that the NFL is so diluted that there is no clear cut team that is superior to most of the others.

hrdlr110

Diluted??? Not sure I'd go there. The current parity in the league stems from a combination of things. Technology, shared ideas - hard to keep secrets with the constant coaching changes, and more than anything else, free-agency. I was in camp with the chargers in 1986 made it to second cut. The athleticism of players today is scary. I wouldn't even get a look today with my talent level of the time - as much as I'd like to think otherwise. I caught the ball better than many, but just couldn't get separation from cat quick corners. No, it's not diluted, its just hard to beat teams that have access to everything equally, and most things, given the age of the league, have been done before, so adjustments happen more rapidly. That's why I like Peyton manning so much, his adjustments occur at the line of scrimmage, just before the snap!

AllPurposeAtheist

Wow.. Miami got beat by Tampax Bay.. I wish that stupid scandal had happened a week earlier.. I'm not a big Tampa fan, but glad they beat the fins. :)