Author Topic: TV Series Thread  (Read 116522 times)

Offline Sorginak

Re: TV Series Thread
« Reply #1230 on: June 19, 2021, 08:22:30 AM »
Just started a new show on Netflix.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11102190/

« Reply #1231 on: June 19, 2021, 11:26:44 AM »
Love the Loki show. More twists and turns than a pretzel with Tourette's.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

« Reply #1232 on: June 19, 2021, 12:05:45 PM »
Currently watching the 3 Mobile Suit Gundam movies on Netflix, and will start MSG Char's Counterattack when done.  I'm starting to click with some presumed Easter Eggs shown in Gundam Unicorn UC 96.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

Offline Hydra009

« Reply #1233 on: June 21, 2021, 01:46:50 PM »

Full episode on the house.  Let's just say you don't pay...with money.

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #1234 on: July 24, 2021, 04:54:08 AM »
I'm watching He-Man. 🤓 😊 First time watching as an adult and in English. Awww.
"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are good people and bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." Havelock Vetinari

Offline SGOS

« Reply #1235 on: July 26, 2021, 01:15:56 PM »
Remember Ted Baxter, the incompetent news anchor for WJM on the old Mary Tyler Moore Show?  I took a peek at an episode last night on Hulu, and couldn't help but think that Ted Baxter reminds me of Donald Trump.  He looks like he could have been his father way back then.  Like Trump, he's incapable of logical reasoning, but more harmless and without the vitriol.  It was Episode 2 of the first season.  The episode is about something else, but Baxter appears toward the end and fully develops his character for the rest of the seasons.

Offline Hydra009

« Reply #1236 on: July 27, 2021, 08:40:38 AM »
Love the Loki show. More twists and turns than a pretzel with Tourette's.
I saw a behind the scenes of the writers' room and they essentially used Dan Harmond's story circle plot.  Now I kinda feel cheated because while those plots are entertaining, they're very cyclical and almost static - the characters basically end up where they started.  I prefer characters to change even more than that and be unable to return to the previous status quo.