News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

I like my humor to be very dark sometimes....

Hydra009

drunkenshoe

This is an interesting subject. I can't think of an example of 'dark humour'. But what I find 'dark' are the posting memes, gifs that include bad, natural human condition, something that cannot be helped, a desperate situation as humour. Stuff includes handicapped people, people with some different natural physical trait, a bad accident... The thing is, it is not actually an emotional response. It's not. (I've been told that many times, lol.) I find it stupid. And I mean awful, genuine stupidity at that. Because it is something that cannot be changed, intervened or worked for. Nobody has/can have an effect on it. Does that make any sense?

I think, almost nothing is just a stand alone 'product' to me in this sense though. Somebody made/wrote that -whatever it is- and the person who made it in there with the person who posted it, along with me. It's a conversation between multiple entities in some situation.

For example, when GSO posts something like that -above the dark humour post- I automatically think/see it with him thinking/feeling the meme in some spatial sense, like sitting at at table with his husband somewhere back in the scene. I automatically see/think of Hydra watching Ceasar in the party with the assassin, looking back and forth between them and then turn his head in a bady way not to look and disappear from the scene. Cassia's feels like she puts fixed postits between some busy work, coming and going without spending much time. This is not something fixed about people and changes all the time of course. Sometimes it's very vivid, sometimes very vague or nonexistent. It's about the 'geist' that person reflects periods in general I guess. It constantly changes. It's about the general experience of them.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GSOgymrat

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 24, 2021, 03:33:18 AM
For example, when GSO posts something like that -above the dark humour post- I automatically think/see it with him thinking/feeling the meme in some spatial sense, like sitting at at table with his husband somewhere back in the scene.

Pretty accurate. When posted that I was at the kitchen counter with my Surface tablet while my husband prepared dinner.

Gawdzilla Sama

We used to tell dirty jokes, relay unlikely situations (usually involving your mother) and ... altered ... lyrics to popular songs. The alternative was to go completely sane and kill ourselves.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 24, 2021, 07:21:22 AM
We used to tell dirty jokes, relay unlikely situations (usually involving your mother) and ... altered ... lyrics to popular songs. The alternative was to go completely sane and kill ourselves.

Well, that's dark.

Hydra009

Gawdzilla Sama

Not that hard to ask a judge to correct an error.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

They can start to pronounce it in a different way and pretend it is a long forgotten, exotic name...lol. Like 'Khornn'. The sound is nice.

aitm

It won’t be long until interpretation is wide open.....”Is your name Korn”?
“It’s pronounced Jacob”
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

GSOgymrat

Let's hope the error wasn't the baby's name was supposed to be spelled "Corn".

trdsf

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 24, 2021, 03:24:30 PM
Let's hope the error wasn't the baby's name was supposed to be spelled "Corn".
Trust me, that's mild in comparison to some of the names I've seen, some of which I think should be the basis of an emotional abuse investigation by our agency.  Get a fucking Cabbage Patch Kid if you want to name a kid something "cute" or "funny", and give your child a sane name that they don't have to adopt a nickname to get around.

I believe all people should be allowed one free legal name change between the ages of 18 and 21.  Because holy fuck.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Blackleaf

I met a kid whose name was Spock. He was homeschooled.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--