News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 28, 2024, 11:10:52 AM

I have very interesting/exciting experiences with hyper-focus, and all etc. ...But, this... this is... What is this? (I mean, I get what it is...)
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

the_antithesis

It's a line from Exorcist II: the Heretic. There this silly concept that the "brushing of the wings" turns the "happy-go-lucky grasshopper" into locusts. At least I thought it was silly, but turns out it is true.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a clip from Exorcist II is slamming a teenaged Linda Blair against a wall yelling "Your wings are brushing me! Your wings are brushing me!"

drunkenshoe

Quote from: the_antithesis on June 28, 2024, 11:55:53 AMIt's a line from Exorcist II: the Heretic. There this silly concept that the "brushing of the wings" turns the "happy-go-lucky grasshopper" into locusts. At least I thought it was silly, but turns out it is true.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a clip from Exorcist II is slamming a teenaged Linda Blair against a wall yelling "Your wings are brushing me! Your wings are brushing me!"

Oh yeah, I know that. First I thought we were butterflies... :/ And I'm a lone grasshoper... *Throws hair.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 28, 2024, 11:10:52 AM

How does this warning help them prepare? Do they grab their guns? Form a protective circle around their young?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 28, 2024, 12:12:47 PMHow does this warning help them prepare? Do they grab their guns? Form a protective circle around their young?
Trees of course have limited options, they can't just leaf.  Or maybe they can.  They start pumping extra tannis in their leaves, which can sicken or kill grazers.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 28, 2024, 12:12:47 PMHow does this warning help them prepare? Do they grab their guns? Form a protective circle around their young?

If they could, they wood.

Cassia

Quote from: the_antithesis on June 28, 2024, 12:35:54 PMIf they could, they wood.
The root of the problem is that they are still deciding if they should decide.

the_antithesis

Good thing they can't actually move. Who wants them lumbering around?

Dark Lightning

Gawdzilla Sama

Ever read a thread and just want to yell "TIMBERRRRR!!!!"?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Gawdzilla Sama

Why do all magicians look better than me in that light?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 28, 2024, 04:26:22 PMWhy do all magicians look better than me in that light?

Everyone looks better than you in that light.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 28, 2024, 04:38:50 PMEveryone looks better than you in that light.
Probably a down side to t that as well.
PZ Myers