Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Hydra009

Hydra009

"The band closely associated with the devil's lettuce and a sort of hippie vibe isn't right wing?!" - Brought to you by the guys who didn't know that American Idiot was about them and thought that Rage Against the Machine was raging against pronouns or something idk.

Cassia

Star Trek plots or those of the ancient Egyptians?

The Wrath of Ma'at
Ma'at was the goddess of truth, justice, and morality. She was the daughter of Ra and wife of the moon god, Thoth. She weighed the hearts of the dead to decide who should have eternal joy in the afterlife. Her Feather of Truth was the determining factor. Once placed on a scale, if the deceased's heart was heavier than her feather, they would not be permitted to journey to paradise. If the heart was deemed too heavy, a demon would devour it, causing the deceased to die a second time.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Hydra009

Dark Lightning

The top of her head isn't flat enough to hold my beer. 🍺

Unbeliever

She could hold your beer between her legs...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

I think the crowd is right the majority of the time.  But every now and then, there is undeserved praise and undeserved scorn.  And of course, "good" and "enjoyable for me" are two separate things.

The hill I'll die on: Blair Witch 2, Chronicles of Riddick, and Queen of the Damned are all genuinely good movies that people watched with the wrong expectations and were left disappointed.  Admittedly, Blair Witch 2 should've had a different subtitle.

Gawdzilla Sama

Crowd: Take the number of people and divide the lowest IQ in the crowd by that number.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

I've always wondered why 1941 got such bad reviews.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 17, 2024, 04:15:23 PMI've always wondered why 1941 got such bad reviews.
Over the top can be a turn-off.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 17, 2024, 03:16:37 PM

I think the crowd is right the majority of the time.  But every now and then, there is undeserved praise and undeserved scorn.  And of course, "good" and "enjoyable for me" are two separate things.

The hill I'll die on: Blair Witch 2, Chronicles of Riddick, and Queen of the Damned are all genuinely good movies that people watched with the wrong expectations and were left disappointed.  Admittedly, Blair Witch 2 should've had a different subtitle.

I'd rather hear someone's rationale for why they do or don't like a movie than to look at a number they assigned to it. That gives me a better idea of if it's for me or not.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

the_antithesis

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 17, 2024, 04:15:23 PMI've always wondered why 1941 got such bad reviews.

Because it was terrible. That's why.