News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!!

Started by Mr_C, November 17, 2006, 02:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

I'll be honest, this is something that's always rubbed me the wrong way in fantasy games. I'm not against eye candy or anything, but if my character is supposed to be some sort of badass adventurer I typically like them to look the part.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Plu

This is how you dress a female character in armor :)

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "Plu"This is how you dress a female character in armor :)

[ Image ]
*reaches for can opener*
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"[ Image ]
I'll be honest, this is something that's always rubbed me the wrong way in fantasy games. I'm not against eye candy or anything, but if my character is supposed to be some sort of badass adventurer I typically like them to look the part.

Are you serious, Hijiri? The whole point of making female characters is that so they can show them that way.

And that meme is terrible. "Choice of attire?" Female characters in games do not dress themselves, game makers do, so they would look appealing to het male gamers. It's something deliberate, not an accident or bad design. They are decorations. No gamer picks a character of the sort when first time playing a game or as main character he enjoys. They would pick it to enjoy how she looks.

The meme is a projection of a typical idea of a female would/should wear something 'pretty' or 'sexy' whatever her function is. In fantasy her looks are exaggerated, but the idea is not. It pretty much similar to the reality.

It would be a real meme if it said "the person who designed me doesn't give a fuck how a badass female adventurer would/should look like, but want you to stare at my tits while playing". But then nobody would use that meme. It would be 'feminist'.
*ahem*

[youtube:d6znr0on]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk[/youtube:d6znr0on]

Hijiri Byakuren

Not funny, per se, but I'm sure someone will find a creative way to use this later. :)

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"Not funny, per se, but I'm sure someone will find a creative way to use this later. :)

[ Image ]
I put it in my gif folder in my bookmarks.

Shiranu

On females in armour; honestly, they tend to look bad ass in legit armour. The male models tend to be like... 6'2'', steroid muscles and biceps and 380 pounds of muscle with another 200 pounds of armour on and you just look like a mass of metal. The female armour sets tend to actually have slightly more realistic proportions (depending on the game/race, obviously some have like 2 inch waists and ridiculous busts).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

not really "funny" but i was too lazy to start a new thread.

Hydra009

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"[ Image ]
It's what they'd want.  They're big on charity, right?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "PickelledEggs"[ Image ]
It's what they'd want.  They're big on charity, right?
Yep, that's why the Vatican has seventeen art museums, each of which would grace a full-size city.
PZ Myers