Humanities Section > Philosophy & Rhetoric General Discussion

The yin and yang of cooperation and competition

<< < (2/2)

Zhang:
Yes you're right! It's all about balance and cooperation / competion ☯

aitm:
There are other animals that exhibit an ”all for all” “all for one” “one for all” and “one for one” society. Humans do this as well. We developed superstition which may have saved many lives, by over reacting to a threat because of superstition and where we have sacrificed many for the same reason. But superstition also blinds us to commonality, very simply put one tribe fishes from the east side of the lake and another from the west side, unaware of the other each side believes their approach is the correct and any other path is wrong and must no be allowed...and will fight to ensure it won’t because they are superstitious and unwilling to take that chance.

Humans also developed their own concept of ego and inheritance. Men wanted stronger more successful sons as it not only benefited them within their own tribe but also elevated their standings within the tribe. Women accepted this and tried to produce sons for the same reason. On a side note my personal theory as to how homophobia started is by tribal leaders whose own sons were not so interested on producing the next generation for legacy.

The yin and yang is quite right on the overall step back and look at A and B but humans have so many “frailties” that we often interfere with our own best interest by being somewhat stupid.

drunkenshoe:
[Honey, it is fascinating to watch you eating the red berries. :lol: ]

aitm:

--- Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 11, 2021, 10:18:28 AM ---[Honey, it is fascinating to watch you eating the red berries. :lol: ]

--- End quote ---
I’m not “woke” enough to know what that means. Hell, I’m  not sure what “woke” actually means. 🧐

drunkenshoe:

--- Quote from: aitm on January 12, 2021, 10:03:18 AM ---I’m not “woke” enough to know what that means. Hell, I’m  not sure what “woke” actually means. 🧐

--- End quote ---

LOL...You know that 'monkeys don't eat the red berries until they see another monkey do'? You are acting differently than usual in some way, and seeing that the others would do it too. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version