Author Topic: Rate the latest movie you've seen.  (Read 524717 times)

Offline SGOS

Re: Rate the latest movie you've seen.
« Reply #6240 on: August 01, 2021, 12:55:04 PM »
I did find to my surprise, that I like the John Wick, Jack Reacher, Equalizer type of movies. 
I sort my movies by genre.  I have one for "Revenge Films," but I think there's only about 10 movies in that group.  It's almost embarrassing that I seek these out, and that I put them where I can find them fast.  The most recent was Nobody, with the guy that plays the lawyer in Breaking Bad.  Can't think of his name at the moment.

« Reply #6241 on: August 01, 2021, 01:03:46 PM »
I sort my movies by genre.  I have one for "Revenge Films," but I think there's only about 10 movies in that group.  It's almost embarrassing that I seek these out, and that I put them where I can find them fast.  The most recent was Nobody, with the guy that plays the lawyer in Breaking Bad.  Can't think of his name at the moment.
I guess the Equalizer type movies would be 'revenge' films.  A Knight's Tale is an example.  It is a nobody makes good against all odds, type of movie.  But it is also a revenge movie in that the hero gets revenge on the main bad guy.  So, I'd watch revenge movies--good category. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

« Reply #6242 on: August 01, 2021, 01:17:46 PM »
I have never seen one.  I probably should just as a tolerance check.
Extreme sado-masochistic movies.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline Hydra009

« Reply #6243 on: August 02, 2021, 12:31:49 AM »
The Saw Franchise is already beyond my limit.
Same.  I can take violent AF movies like Equilibrium where it's not too cruel or gory.  But I can't watch torture or really gory stuff.  The Walking Dead with Lucille is right at the very edge of what I can tolerate.