News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Will Putin Invade Ukraine?

Started by Cassia, January 20, 2022, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: SGOS on April 11, 2023, 08:00:10 AMI'm not sure why Egypt would want to help Russia

The Arab world has a long history of teaming up with the most anti-Semitic, Nazi-esque governments they can find - they have a lot in common, to be fair.

Two countries in the world with Jewish leaders is two countries too many.

"An enemy of my enemy..."

(Grand Mufti of Jerusalem & Hitler, 1941)

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

The latest video the orks shared has me on the edge of committing a stupid choice.

No, I won't explain - if you know you know, and if you don't... seriously, you are better off.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Yeah, it's horrifc.  Russia is essentially ISIS with a permanent UN seat.  Seating Russia should be as unthinkable as seating ISIS.

Ukraine needs to get whatever it wants asap to keep these monsters at bay.

At least I can take comfort in the fact that Russia is no longer making real advances, so their opportunities to abduct, torture, and kill Ukrainians is waning.

Cassia

Russian Soldier: "We are like hobos here. Abandoned puppies"

Shiranu

https://twitter.com/ColonialPresent/status/1643790302484873216

A century and a half ago, a day ago... some things never change amongst the filth.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on April 11, 2023, 07:14:10 PMThe latest video the orks shared has me on the edge of committing a stupid choice.

No, I won't explain - if you know you know, and if you don't... seriously, you are better off.

Everyone in that video has now been identified.  It might be take a week or it might take a decade, but everyone who was there will be found.

Hydra009

Czech Republic to restore 30 retired T-72 tanks back to working order, send them to Ukraine

The tanks were retired due to lack of parts, but parts have been recently acquired, so they just need some elbow grease and they'll be sent to the front.

They should be ready by October or November.

Fun fact: only the Czech Republic uses this variant in the entire world, so sending it is quite the gesture!

Hydra009

The Hague orders Russia to pay $5 billion usd

If Russia refuses to comply, its assets in other countries may be forfeit.

Russia will have many of such dealings with the Hague in the future.  So many that they will rue the day Putin went to war with Ukraine.

Hydra009

Hydra009

Germany approves Poland sending 5 MIGs to Ukraine

These jets were formerly from East Germany, so approval was necessary.

This is in addition to the 8 Poland already sent.

Hydra009

Russia running out of tank crews, too

QuoteWhere the crew of a Ukrainian T-64, Leopard 2 or M-1 can fire 10 or even 12 rounds a minute, a T-55 or T-62 crew might manage three or four rounds a minute.
And considering they're not using any sort of targetting computers, it's doubtful those few shots - taken by rookies - will be very accurate.

Hydra009

This makes WWI look like the 6-day war.

Hydra009

Antediluvian T-54 tank spotted near frontline

When Russia brought them out of storage, it wasn't clear what role they would play.  An army guy I follow speculated that they'd use them as improvised artillery since their poor armor (among other things) would make them poorly suited for frontline fighting.  They could also patrol moderately safe areas somewhat away from the frontlines to free up some units for more dangerous fighting.  The Russians themselves allegedly said they were being used for spare parts for other, more modern tanks. (Though the fact that they were transported intact means that this is an obvious lie)

Now, it's becoming increasingly likely that these tanks are in fact meant for frontline fighting, which is about as insane as the next thing I'm going to tell you.  They're being fielded in a STOCK configuration.  No upgrades.  No modernization.  At least none that are apparent.

It's hard for me to overstate just how bad a military decision this is.  This would be like the US trying to fight a sea war with ironclads and not even bothering to slap a radar dish on the bloody things.

It reeks of desperation compounded by an almost unbelievable amount of carelessness and lack of foresight.  To be fair, this has been Russia's MO throughout the entirety of the war, so why stop now?