How would US Civil War 2.0 go?

Started by arch warmonger, June 07, 2021, 01:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arch warmonger

The obvious aim of the left since ~2012 has been to push for a civil war. Burn Loot Murder Black Lives Matter, Antifa, legislation to take kids from parents who don't want to castrate them, there's only one way this can end. So how would things turn out? On the one hand, the Democrats would be far more capable of turning out a concentrated force, due to them being concentrated in cities. On the other hand, the Republicans own all the food production and all the guns. Also, in the event of a mass power outage, cities would become deathtraps with (more) rampant crime and murder taking place with no clear hierarchy or order, blunting their ability to form a meaningful fighting force.

I personally think this would be a wash in favor of the (R)'s. What do you think?

Gawdzilla Sama

That all would require people to get up off their asses. We're too comfortable, even in the age of Covid, to do that.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cassia

Yeah, because overweight southern xtian racists with AR-15s are such strategic thinkers. They already lost the war Einstein, fighting for the right to own black people. But back then they were in shape and could leave the air conditioning for a few hours, LOL. Nobody is scared of assholes carrying torches and wearing robes. Because they are idiots.

These people are the ones who are scared. Scared of science, technology, Mexicans, blacks, atheists, youth, vaccines, Satan and of change. In fact these wussies cower behind their guns and all that ever happens is they shoot themselves or their kids by accident,

trdsf

Quote from: arch warmonger on June 07, 2021, 01:57:58 AM
I personally think this would be a wash in favor of the (R)'s. What do you think?
I think you're a thundering idiot and not worth reading.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Blackleaf

Why am I not surprised this Conservative dipshit is fantasizing getting a second shot at Civil War? Don't worry, arch warmonger. I'm sure you'll have better luck the second time.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 07, 2021, 12:32:09 PM
Why am I not surprised this Conservative dipshit is fantasizing getting a second shot at Civil War? Don't worry, arch warmonger. I'm sure you'll have better luck the second time.
Shows what some people think of democracy, don't it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

As a non-american, nor a republican or a Democrat, in my view it's not the left that is pushing for a civil war.

For fuck's sake, January 6 was the most civil warish thing you lot had since the Civil War. Confederate flags and all.

And those calling out the loudest for it are nut jobs dressed like vikings, out of shape middle aged guys who think that carrying a rifle and wearing a Hawaiian shirt makes them soldiers and whiny bitches that cry in disbelief that someone had the audacity to mace them as they stormed the capital to overthrow the government in honor of their revolution.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on June 07, 2021, 03:29:40 PM
As a non-american, nor a republican or a Democrat, in my view it's not the left that is pushing for a civil war.

For fuck's sake, January 6 was the most civil warish thing you lot had since the Civil War. Confederate flags and all.

And those calling out the loudest for it are nut jobs dressed like vikings, out of shape middle aged guys who think that carrying a rifle and wearing a Hawaiian shirt makes them soldiers and whiny bitches that cry in disbelief that someone had the audacity to mace them as they stormed the capital to overthrow the government in honor of their revolution.
And that was the pick of the litter. Picture the ones that didn't have the balls to try and start an open war. (Of course later on they will say "You should have been there!")
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

It's funny how the people who pride themselves on their "patriotism" constantly talk about starting a Civil War. You celebrate the Confederacy (who, may I remind you, were the enemies of the United States), even defending keeping statues glorifying its leaders on government property. All the while, you wait for your chance to start Confederacy 2.0, but you totally love this country, right? It's the people kneeling during the National Anthem that want to destroy America. lol
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 07, 2021, 06:43:19 PM
It's funny how the people who pride themselves on their "patriotism" constantly talk about starting a Civil War. You celebrate the Confederacy (who, may I remind you, were the enemies of the United States), even defending keeping statues glorifying its leaders on government property. All the while, you wait for your chance to start Confederacy 2.0, but you totally love this country, right? It's the people kneeling during the National Anthem that want to destroy America. lol
They rationalize everything.
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Watched bits and pieces of D-Day movies yesterday.  A thought crossed my mind while watching a scene of the US landing on Normandy.  To a person, they would be appalled at where this country is right now.  They were, to a person, antifa!  They hated Nazi's and all they stood for---yet, 75 years later, this country seemingly is fighting to become what we fought against.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

I doubt it will get that bad. The current crop of fascists aren't too bright.
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 07, 2021, 06:51:35 PM
Watched bits and pieces of D-Day movies yesterday.  A thought crossed my mind while watching a scene of the US landing on Normandy.  To a person, they would be appalled at where this country is right now.  They were, to a person, antifa!  They hated Nazi's and all they stood for---yet, 75 years later, this country seemingly is fighting to become what we fought against.

The seeds of fascism and even eugenics were already in America before World War II. But Hitler kinda made it uncool to like those things, and when we went to war with him, they used religion as the alternative...for some reason. More god equals less fascism, supposedly. Given that fascists and Neo Nazis are pretty much all Christian extremists, I think it's safe to say that theory was bunk.
--Fulke Greville--