A record-breaking year for anti-transgender legislation

Started by arch warmonger, May 12, 2021, 02:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arch warmonger

QuoteThirty-three states have introduced more than 100 bills that aim to curb the rights of transgender people across the country, with advocacy groups calling 2021 a record-breaking year for such legislation.  Many of these bills are rapidly making their way through state legislatures. On April 6, Arkansas became the first state to outlaw providing gender-affirming treatment to minors, a move that the American Civil Liberties Union said would "send a terrible and heartbreaking message" to transgender youth across the country.

According to data from the Human Rights Campaign, one of the nation's largest LGBTQ advocacy groups, at least 117 bills have been introduced in the current legislative session that target the transgender community. It's the highest number the organization has recorded since it began tracking anti-LGBTQ legislation more than 15 years ago.

The majority of bills would affect transgender youth, a group that researchers and medical professionals warn is already susceptible to high rates of suicide and depression.  
Here's where these bills have been introduced, and the restrictions they seek to impose: 
Bans on participation in same-gender youth sports
Thirty-one states have introduced bills that ban transgender athletes from participating in sports consistent with their gender identities. Three states -- Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee -- have already signed these bills into law this year. A similar 2020 law in Idaho was swiftly struck down in federal court.

link

I'm fine with people getting gender-reassignment as adults, the more stupid men we have chopping off their balls and pulling themselves out of the gene pool, the better. Doing the same to kids, though, that's just evil.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: arch warmonger on May 12, 2021, 02:56:27 PMthe more stupid men we have chopping off their balls
Trans-women are not men.

Quote from: arch warmonger on May 12, 2021, 02:56:27 PMDoing the same to kids, though, that's just evil.
Treating gender dysphoria at an early age, thus making it easier for them to pass as the correct sex in adulthood, is an unambiguously good thing.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

arch warmonger

You're cutting off children's balls, how psychopathic do you have to be to do something like that?

QuoteTrans-women are not men.

Okay so they're delusional "people with testicles". They should still be castrated.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: arch warmonger on May 17, 2021, 12:19:52 AMYou're cutting off children's balls, how psychopathic do you have to be to do something like that?
Last I checked, testicles are not a vital organ of the body. And a lot of trans folks will have samples of their sperm/eggs preserved on the off chance that they ever want biological children, so don't throw any of that breeding bullshit at me.

Quote from: arch warmonger on May 17, 2021, 12:19:52 AMOkay so they're delusional "people with testicles".
It's delusional to treat gender dysphoria in the medically recommended fashion?

Quote from: arch warmonger on May 17, 2021, 12:19:52 AMThey should still be castrated.
Yes, that's... what they want.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

arch warmonger

QuoteLast I checked, testicles are not a vital organ of the body. And a lot of trans folks will have samples of their sperm/eggs preserved on the off chance that they ever want biological children, so don't throw any of that breeding bullshit at me.

How many, like 5%? Lol

QuoteYes, that's... what they want.

Good. We should still hold off on kids.

GSOgymrat

I just finished an interesting book related to this topic, The End of Gender: Debunking the Myths about Sex and Identity in Our Society by sexologist and neuroscientist Debra Soh. She cites scientific research to critique popular concepts including biological sex is a spectrum, gender is a social construct, there are more than two genders, children with gender dysphoria should transition, and other related topics. Some of her points are better supported by scientific research than others but I agree with her premise that rights for trans people and sexual minorities are stronger when consistent with biological evidence. She clearly is in the trenches of the culture war. It is troubling that there is a contingent of people on both ends of the political spectrum who want to actively suppress intellectual inquiry, conversation, and research that does not support their ideologies.

aitm

Quote from: arch warmonger on May 12, 2021, 02:56:27 PM
link

I'm fine with people getting gender-reassignment as adults, the more stupid men we have chopping off their balls and pulling themselves out of the gene pool, the better. Doing the same to kids, though, that's just evil.

And you’re an idiot. Hopefully you don’t have a child....at all...but worse...one born with both sex organs and then you get to stand there like the dumb ignorant fuck you are and let a doctor tell you which part he wants to cut off or sew up without any fucking idea what lay inside that day old child’s brain. But hey, ignorant asses like you will always be ignorant asses because a real god would do just that...give you the big question.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

arch warmonger

Quote from: aitm on May 31, 2021, 04:19:00 PM
And you’re an idiot. Hopefully you don’t have a child....at all...but worse...one born with both sex organs and then you get to stand there like the dumb ignorant fuck you are and let a doctor tell you which part he wants to cut off or sew up without any fucking idea what lay inside that day old child’s brain. But hey, ignorant asses like you will always be ignorant asses because a real god would do just that...give you the big question.

Obviously I know what the individual words mean, and the sentences may technically be grammatically correct, but in aggregate this reads like nonsense.

tl;dw The left loves to say that the right is exploiting the culture war when really it's the left that generally starts culture war battles and goes on the offensive. Pushing for social change isn't necessarily a bad thing, but pretending that it's the other guy starting the fight is blatantly dishonest and seemingly designed to enflame tensions. This is especially deleterious to the working class, who are unable to speak up on culture war issues due to the greater costs of being fired for saying the wrong thing. Even more insidiously, this gives the super-rich a way to protect themselves from criticism. Fly an LGBT flag and the left-wing activists who would normally go after you for anti-worker, anti-environment policies look the other way.