News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The growing DNC civil war

Started by arch warmonger, April 18, 2021, 04:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arch warmonger

Or maybe nobody actually believes in "equality", they believe in having more for themselves, America's founding "fathers" included. Maybe "equality" is only ever used as a trojan horse for their own lust for power. In the age of faith, religion was the opium of the masses. Afterwards, it was ambition, or rather, the hope that you would one day become the next Rockefeller, the next Napoleon, the next Stalin.

SGOS

Quote from: arch warmonger on April 21, 2021, 09:15:01 AM
Or maybe nobody actually believes in "equality", they believe in having more for themselves, America's founding "fathers" included. Maybe "equality" is only ever used as a trojan horse for their own lust for power. In the age of faith, religion was the opium of the masses. Afterwards, it was ambition, or rather, the hope that you would one day become the next Rockefeller, the next Napoleon, the next Stalin.
That's a little too cynical for me.  I think some people do believe in equality.  But here is an important caveat.  Equality never will be perfect equality, and it doesn't have to be binary, as in you either have it or you don't.  That would be an unrealistic way to look at it.  You can have more equality or less equality, and you can work toward either, but I think most people want more, until I think about those yahoos that wanted to take over the nations capitol. They just wanted to take what they wanted, to steal or negate the votes of others as it pleased them, so maybe only slightly more than half want things to be fair (or more equal).  But to say "nobody" I would disagree with.

arch warmonger

QuoteYou can have more equality or less equality, and you can work toward either, but I think most people want more, until I think about those yahoos that wanted to take over the nations capitol. They just wanted to take what they wanted, to steal or negate the votes of others as it pleased them, so maybe only slightly more than half want things to be fair (or more equal).  But to say "nobody" I would disagree with.

Your only argument in this post is "Hahahaha look at those trumptards, at least we aren't them!"

This is Martin Luther King's tomb. This is what pontificating about "equality" gets you in a nation of delusional, sentimental people, a pharaoh's burial.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: arch warmonger on April 21, 2021, 09:15:01 AM
Or maybe nobody actually believes in "equality", they believe in having more for themselves, America's founding "fathers" included.

Most Americans believe in equality but they disagree on what equality means or, more importantly, how it should be implemented. For example, most Americans believe people should be treated equally under the law but they disagree on the role of government to create equal economic opportunities or economic outcomes.

arch warmonger

They believe in "equality" because they seem themselves as the "underdog" in the grand scheme of things, or because they think "virtue" signalling about such things might earn them a following, no other reason.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: arch warmonger on April 21, 2021, 10:01:37 AM
They believe in "equality" because they seem themselves as the "underdog" in the grand scheme of things, or because they think "virtue" signalling about such things might earn them a following, no other reason.

Do you believe in equality and, if so, do you perceive yourself as an underdog?

SGOS

Quote from: arch warmonger on April 21, 2021, 10:01:37 AM
You really believe that so intensely? We will agree to disagree.  Give me the virtual signalers then.  I'll take virtue over self indulgence and greed any day of the week.

arch warmonger

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 21, 2021, 10:37:13 AM
Do you believe in equality and, if so, do you perceive yourself as an underdog?

There are about a billion things more important than equality, even from a humanitarian standpoint. As for whether or not I'm an underdog, I think it's more precise to say that I'm not where I want to be, just like people of all walks of life.

Quote from: SGOS on April 21, 2021, 10:43:19 AM
You really believe that so intensely? We will agree to disagree.  Give me the virtual signalers then.  I'll take virtue over self indulgence and greed any day of the week.

It's not virtue, it's "virtue", as in even the thing they're signalling for isn't necessarily good.. And "virtue" is very compatible with greed and self-indulgence.

aitm

Quote from: arch warmonger on April 21, 2021, 10:45:51 AM
There are about a billion things more important than equality, 

I've told you a gazillion times not to exaggerate......
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Quote from: arch warmonger on April 21, 2021, 10:45:51 AM
And "virtue" is very compatible with greed and self-indulgence.
Yeah, I remember that Wall Street pitch from years ago,"Greed is Good."  It's got a comfortable flow to the words and it fits on a bumper sticker, but I thought it was a load of horse shit.

arch warmonger

Quote from: SGOS on April 21, 2021, 12:51:50 PM
Yeah, I remember that Wall Street pitch from years ago,"Greed is Good."  It's got a comfortable flow to the words and it fits on a bumper sticker, but I thought it was a load of horse shit.
Of course you come up with the most uncharitable and editorialized interpretation of my words. I meant that "equality" isn't necessarily a virtue, but rather a "virtue", because there are a billion things more important than equality from even a humanitarian standpoint. Like meritocracy, or making sure the mentally ill don't take power, which could be seen as politically incorrect by some interpretations of the term "equality".

And yes, "equality" has generally been used as a pretext for allowing the losers of society to terrorize everybody else. So yes, it is 100% consistent with greed and self-indulgence.

Mike Cl

Quote from: arch warmonger on April 21, 2021, 01:42:16 PM

And yes, "equality" has generally been used as a pretext for allowing the losers of society to terrorize everybody else. So yes, it is 100% consistent with greed and self-indulgence.
I don't see the 'losers of society' (that has many ways to be defined) that are terrorizing everybody else, but I do see the 1%'ers as doing that.  Corps and the ultra wealthy have been doing it for decades. 

Equality is a slippery word.  It is kind of like the word beauty--it is defined as the user wishes.  I think a fair society is what to shoot for; fair in the sense that everybody has a fair set of opportunities to live their own life as they want within the rules of the society they live in.  And yes, that has to be better defined, as well. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

arch warmonger

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 21, 2021, 02:30:16 PM
I don't see the 'losers of society' (that has many ways to be defined) that are terrorizing everybody else, but I do see the 1%'ers as doing that.  Corps and the ultra wealthy have been doing it for decades. 

Equality is a slippery word.  It is kind of like the word beauty--it is defined as the user wishes.  I think a fair society is what to shoot for; fair in the sense that everybody has a fair set of opportunities to live their own life as they want within the rules of the society they live in.  And yes, that has to be better defined, as well. 

Fine. 1%'ers are fucking us over. Fair enough. But the lumpenproles are blocking roads, pulling people out of their cars, etc. Who in their right mind wants that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: arch warmonger on April 21, 2021, 02:40:53 PM
Fine. 1%'ers are fucking us over. Fair enough. But the lumpenproles are blocking roads, pulling people out of their cars, etc. Who in their right mind wants that.
Yep, the lumpenproles (where did you get that one??:)) are stupid and if nothing else, there are a huge number of stupid in this country.  I am very weary of them, that's for sure.  But the 1% are draining the life out of the country and partly by controlling the lumpenproles.  I don't like either group! A pox on both their houses. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

arch warmonger

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 21, 2021, 03:30:16 PM
Yep, the lumpenproles (where did you get that one??:)) are stupid and if nothing else, there are a huge number of stupid in this country.  I am very weary of them, that's for sure.  But the 1% are draining the life out of the country and partly by controlling the lumpenproles.  I don't like either group! A pox on both their houses. 

"Lumpenproles" is a standard Marxist term for the people who are too stupid or insane to be organized for productive action and are often under the more or less direct control of the bourgeoisie. This includes antifa, IMO.

Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema cozy up to corporate lobbyists, very friendly leaked audio.