Humanities Section > History General Discussion

Harry R Truman Was Vaporized

(1/5) > >>

Cassia:
All this anti-science sentiment reminds me of Harry R Truman who would not leave the mountain. Claimed he wore spurs to ride his bed during the pre-eruption shocks, LOL.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_R._Truman

On May 17, they attempted one final time to persuade Truman to leave, to no avail. The volcano erupted the next morning, and its entire northern flank collapsed. Truman was alone at his lodge with his 16 cats, and is presumed to have died in the eruption on May 18. It is likely that he died of heat shock in less than a second, too quickly to register pain, before his body was vaporized. The largest landslide in recorded history and a pyroclastic flow traveling atop the landslide engulfed the Spirit Lake area almost simultaneously, destroying the lake and burying the site of his lodge under 150 feet (46 m) of volcanic landslide debris. Authorities never found Truman's remains. Truman's cats are presumed to have died with him; he considered them family and mentioned them in almost all public statements.

drunkenshoe:
LOL... Poor cats. 

Shiranu:
Not a bad way to go, honestly.

Gawdzilla Sama:

--- Quote from: Shiranu on January 30, 2021, 05:31:59 PM ---Not a bad way to go, honestly.

--- End quote ---
You speaking from experience or supposition?

Fuck the asshole for killing his cats.

Shiranu:

--- Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 30, 2021, 06:39:47 PM ---You speaking from experience or supposition?

Fuck the asshole for killing his cats.

--- End quote ---

I've nearly drowned, which I can say from experience isn't pleasant... been in a building hit by a tornado, which was a panic-filled experience and I'm going to take a stab at guessing being bludgeoned and pierced to death by debris hurts a lot from my experiences being hit and cut on a smaller scale... watched my dad suffer for a year of constant pain before his body gave out from lung cancer and treatments...

Yeah, I think I'll take instant vaporization any day of the week over those or something like a heart attack, old age, whatever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version