Arts and Entertainment > Hobbies and Photos

Relaxing hobby

(1/5) > >>

Mr.Obvious:
Looking for a hobby that might help the gf and me relax. Concidered yoga, but the gf tried that once already but it wasn't her cup of tea. Nor does it speak to me really.
Might just turn to plain old meditation. Anyone have good experience with that?
I've been finding myself growing more easily irratable. And the gf has tics which have gotten worse over the past few years. And a lot worse over the last year in Covid. She really suffers from stress and can't deal with it.
I think something purely relaxing might help us both.
Any experiences? Advice?

PickelledEggs:

--- Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 10, 2021, 03:41:31 PM ---Looking for a hobby that might help the gf and me relax. Concidered yoga, but the gf tried that once already but it wasn't her cup of tea. Nor does it speak to me really.
Might just turn to plain old meditation. Anyone have good experience with that?
I've been finding myself growing more easily irratable. And the gf has tics which have gotten worse over the past few years. And a lot worse over the last year in Covid. She really suffers from stress and can't deal with it.
I think something purely relaxing might help us both.
Any experiences? Advice?

--- End quote ---
Painting?
If you want drawing and painting instruction, I know a guy that does lessons via zoom, btw   :hush:

Shiranu:
Longboarding is my go-to relaxing activity, though I don't know if Belgium is hilly enough for it. You can obviously do it on flat surfaces but you are going to be doing alot more pushing and it becomes a little less relaxing at that point.

Mr.Obvious:

--- Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 10, 2021, 04:09:56 PM ---Painting?
If you want drawing and painting instruction, I know a guy that does lessons via zoom, btw   :hush:

--- End quote ---
Funny thing that. My father is amazing at painting and drawing. So is one of his sisters. But I have a horrible sense of control on my finer motor-skills.
I apply the wrong pressure and perform motions incorrectky. My handwriting is simply appalling, due to it.
I think in part it is because of me being born with hyperflexing fingers due to being born 5 weeks too soon.

Though... Maybe. Bob Ross is quite calming indeed.

Mr.Obvious:

--- Quote from: Shiranu on January 10, 2021, 04:22:32 PM ---Longboarding is my go-to relaxing activity, though I don't know if Belgium is hilly enough for it. You can obviously do it on flat surfaces but you are going to be doing alot more pushing and it becomes a little less relaxing at that point.

--- End quote ---

Pretty flat country. Is that like skateboarding?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version