News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Have we all heard the gospel?

Started by lifeordeath, September 06, 2020, 08:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lifeordeath

Hello all! Hope everyone is well! I myself used to be an atheist, and I was raised in an atheistic/agnostic household. My viewpoint changed about 16 years ago when I was 19 or so. Anyways a couple years earlier my mom took me to see my cousin on the other side of the country and I was very disappointed because he had become a very serious Christian and we used to party together. The whole ride home from their house I kept complaining that he was brainwashed. He said to me that the bible says "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God", that God sent his son to the cross to die and take the punishment for our sin 2000 years ago, and he resurrected from the dead and ascended to heaven. That if we repent of our sin and believe in Jesus Christ we will be forgiven of our sin and spend eternity in heaven with God but if we don't repent we will face God for the judgement of our sins in hell after we die. He told me he wasn't sure if everyone in his church had eternal life but he knew 100 percent that he had eternal life. I could tell that if God did exist, he definitely had God. Anyways a couple years later when I was 19 years old I had become Atheist by that time, and I despised "religion" all together and believed in my heart that the world was better without it. At about age 19 surrounded by people who did not believe in God and were not religious in any way shape or form I ended up having a demonic experience in my house not much different than the haunting shows you might see on tv, and I knew immediately that this demon was able to influence me because of my severe disdain for Christianity and religion all together. I immediately knew Satan existed so I ran to God, and after seeking God for about 6 months I finally prayed believing in my heart that God had forgiven me(I was very doubtful that God could forgive me) and at that moment I received the Holy Spirit which is not like an emotional feeling but like an entity separate from me had filled me and it felt like pure joy, and was incredible, and I knew this was what my cousin was talking about, and to this day I can feel the Holy Spirit every day, especially when I am reading the bible. Jesus said the true worshippers will worship the father in Spirit and in truth and this is by the supernatural gift of the Holy Spirit given by God that we can know him intimately. I have since had much more incredible experiences with God since my conversion 16 years ago. Satans laughing when Atheists call Christians brainwashed because he is the greatest brainwasher to ever live.

God Bless

Gawdzilla Sama

Can I come to your church and teach evolutionary theory?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

But ole satan could only muster the power to overcome one of you amongst the 19ish? Impressive.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

What's a gospel?... Of course I've heard the gospel, you dolt.  That's why I'm an atheist.

Mike Cl

Quote from: lifeordeath on September 06, 2020, 08:40:04 AM
Hello all! Hope everyone is well! I myself used to be an atheist, and I was raised in an atheistic/agnostic household. My viewpoint changed about 16 years ago when I was 19 or so. Anyways a couple years earlier my mom took me to see my cousin on the other side of the country and I was very disappointed because he had become a very serious Christian and we used to party together. The whole ride home from their house I kept complaining that he was brainwashed. He said to me that the bible says "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God", that God sent his son to the cross to die and take the punishment for our sin 2000 years ago, and he resurrected from the dead and ascended to heaven. That if we repent of our sin and believe in Jesus Christ we will be forgiven of our sin and spend eternity in heaven with God but if we don't repent we will face God for the judgement of our sins in hell after we die. He told me he wasn't sure if everyone in his church had eternal life but he knew 100 percent that he had eternal life. I could tell that if God did exist, he definitely had God. Anyways a couple years later when I was 19 years old I had become Atheist by that time, and I despised "religion" all together and believed in my heart that the world was better without it. At about age 19 surrounded by people who did not believe in God and were not religious in any way shape or form I ended up having a demonic experience in my house not much different than the haunting shows you might see on tv, and I knew immediately that this demon was able to influence me because of my severe disdain for Christianity and religion all together. I immediately knew Satan existed so I ran to God, and after seeking God for about 6 months I finally prayed believing in my heart that God had forgiven me(I was very doubtful that God could forgive me) and at that moment I received the Holy Spirit which is not like an emotional feeling but like an entity separate from me had filled me and it felt like pure joy, and was incredible, and I knew this was what my cousin was talking about, and to this day I can feel the Holy Spirit every day, especially when I am reading the bible. Jesus said the true worshippers will worship the father in Spirit and in truth and this is by the supernatural gift of the Holy Spirit given by God that we can know him intimately. I have since had much more incredible experiences with God since my conversion 16 years ago. Satans laughing when Atheists call Christians brainwashed because he is the greatest brainwasher to ever live.

God Bless
Ahhhh.....so you knew trump from before.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Yes, and I have met Jesus personally in a dream.  Do you have a personal relationship with the Father?  I read the Scriptures in the original Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek.  Do you realize that Jesus is Jewish, not Christian?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

God Bless
Your bullshit fictional stuff did not fly in December, why do you think it will change now???  Your fiction was fictional then as it is now and will forever be.  What it boils down to is that you are lying, and mainly to yourself.  If that makes you feel better, then good for you.  But do not believe (I'd say 'think', but you clearly are not capable of that) you can get me to take you seriously.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

First, it's generally a good idea to introduce yourself before making threads like these.

Second, I was a Christian for the first 25 years of my life, I went to church multiple times a week (voluntarily), and was involved in more ministries than I can count. I think it's safe to say I've heard the Gospel. But are you sure you've thought it through thoroughly? You didn't just stop at what others have told you, but you took the Gospel to its logical conclusions?

Quote from: lifeordeath on September 06, 2020, 08:40:04 AMAt about age 19 surrounded by people who did not believe in God and were not religious in any way shape or form I ended up having a demonic experience in my house not much different than the haunting shows you might see on tv, and I knew immediately that this demon was able to influence me because of my severe disdain for Christianity and religion all together.

Okay. You have sparked my curiosity. Tell me more about this "demonic experience?" What exactly happened? Assuming you're not making this up, I can guarantee you it is easily explained away by psychology.

Edit: Wait. You joined here five years ago, and you've only made four posts? I thought you were a newbie.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

trdsf

Yup, I've read them.  They're man-written.  I've read better ones not only in terms of literary merit, but also in terms of ethical content.  They're of no historical evidentiary value, and if you want to assert them as evidence, you must necessarily accept the Vedas, the Tripiá¹­aka, the Homeric hymns, the Avesta, the Guru Granth Sahib, the Quran, the Book of Mormon, and every other religious text there is because they all have the exact same amount of external support as the Christian Bible: nil.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Jason Harvestdancer

1.  Paragraph breaks.

2.  Everyone in the western world has been exposed to Christianity.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on September 06, 2020, 02:42:29 PM
1.  Paragraph breaks.

2.  Everyone in the western world has been exposed to Christianity.

Sheeple follow Church or reject Church (goat people).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Simon Moon

God Bless

Thanks for preaching [end sarcasm].

Yes, I was a theist for the first several decades of my life. During that time I read the Bible all the way through several times.

It was through my honest attempt to become the best theist I could be, that I became an atheist. I honestly searched for good, evidence based, reasons to believe.

It seems like you were convinced to become a Christian with what you claim was a 'demonic' experience, and your subsequent search for god.

Let me ask you a few questions:

1. How did you determine that the experience you had was due to demons? How did you rule out: ghosts, aliens, a natural event that you misinterpreted, a purely mental experience that occurred only in your mind, Jinn (Arabic mischievous entities), Yaksha (Hindu mischievous spirits), etc, etc.

2. Again, how did you know it was a demon controlling you due to your disdain for Christianity? Why couldn't it have been a Jinn that was messing with you due to your disdain for Islam?

3. How do you know that the experience you had after seeking god for 6 months, was not just what is known as "confirmation bias"?

4. How did you rule out that the emotional experience you had, was not simply a natural (but unusual) brain state, due to expectations you created yourself through your previous 6 months of searching?

You do understand, that people of all cultures and religions, claim to have supernatural events, that are described much like yours, and they attribute them to their gods,right?

There are so many natural explanations for every single event and experience you describe, and the human mind is so easy to fool in exactly the way you describe, nothing in your post is extraordinary.

Here is a video of British mentalist, illusionist, and an atheist, Derren Brown, deconverting an atheist into a theist, using purely natural methods. His subject, at the end of his process has, what could be described as a "religious experience". But is obviously just Brown manipulating the woman. It only took him part of a day, not 6 months.

So, please convince us, that you had a 'real' experience with a god, and did not just do what Derren Brown did to this atheist woman, to yourself.

I don't doubt you were once an atheist. I will take your word for it. But were you a critical thinker? A skeptic? Seems doubtful...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51B8MzcxOX0

And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Hydra009

Quote from: lifeordeath on September 06, 2020, 08:40:04 AMI ended up having a demonic experience in my house not much different than the haunting shows you might see on tv
Any of that documented?

Blackleaf

I don't think they're coming back. Just dropping a thread and then disappearing again.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

Lots of reasonable/sensible people often get 'demonic experiences' when they interact with the majority through some medium or in real life. You don't see them go around bury themselves in scripture of some religion, do you?

I mean, in the Middle East we are fucked. But there are tons of other ways of...exorcising one's demons in Western cultures. You are so spoilt and stupid. Myeh.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp