Arts and Entertainment > Film, Music, Sports, and more

Subtlety Anti Religious Music/Videos

<< < (2/12) > >>

drunkenshoe:

--- Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 30, 2020, 12:29:41 PM ---"Jesus Christ: Superstar"

--- End quote ---

Yeah...I've loved that musical since I was a kid. And I never saw it as religious more like having fun with it. I mean the name only...

Baruch:

--- Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 30, 2020, 02:37:28 PM ---Yeah...I've loved that musical since I was a kid. And I never saw it as religious more like having fun with it. I mean the name only...

--- End quote ---

Very sixties!  Same as Aquarius by Fifth Dimension.

GSOgymrat:

--- Quote from: Cassia on August 30, 2020, 09:03:13 AM ---I have my favorite obvious attack songs like "dear god" by XTC. However I really enjoy songs that are subtle with skepticism. I would like to hear some of your favorites and maybe why you see them in that light.

--- End quote ---

I love Aimee Mann. This song is ostensibly about Alcoholics Anonymous, a faith-based recovery system, but it speaks to how I feel when talking to people of any faith.

I want to believe
But baby, I'm dry
I want to believe
What you testify
And I'll pour the drinks
Like a true believer
Whose God never blinks

But I cannot get my head around it, baby
I cannot get my head around it, baby
'Cause that's just not the way
You make me feel

Mike Cl:

--- Quote from: GSOgymrat on August 30, 2020, 03:59:00 PM ---I love Aimee Mann. This song is ostensibly about Alcoholics Anonymous, a faith-based recovery system, but it speaks to how I feel when talking to people of any faith.

I want to believe
But baby, I'm dry
I want to believe
What you testify
And I'll pour the drinks
Like a true believer
Whose God never blinks

But I cannot get my head around it, baby
I cannot get my head around it, baby
'Cause that's just not the way
You make me feel

--- End quote ---
Thanks for that.  I had not heard of the song, nor of her.  I like her voice.

Draconic Aiur:

Probably not subtle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version