News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Was Jesus Black or White.

Started by Kibla92, August 21, 2020, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kibla92

Here you race junkies of America. Problem solved :)

If i were to assume that Jews who live in Israel now are the same as ancient ones. Caucasians with middle eastern feautures. If the one now is same as back in the year 1 AD. But you have to kinda get some historic expertise on that, Ethiopians shared some of the culture but dont think they were native to that area.

But just to put this to rest. There is no actual biographic depictions in the bible of how prophets or Jesus Christ looked like. And dont bother using Revelations on me either. Thats symbolic, not biography. Unless you can convince me "Having a sword out of his mouth is biographically describing him"

Example
Hair white as wool = Shepherd. Jesus says he is from the house of David. David was a shepherd. Jesus says he is the lamb. There
Eyes flames of fire = this https://biblehub.com/hebrews/12-29.htm
Bronze feet = Strength (Atleast thats what i take from it. Its a symbol of strength)

Either case. If you disagree. Feel free to do so.

Think historically why they depicted Jesus way they did, was to just tell a story. It wasnt to show how he actually looked like. But something you could relate too while telling that story. And having the guy look like you was way of doing it. In Europe, Jesus is Caucasian, in Africa Jesus is Black. In Asia, Jesus is Asian. You can find those depictions online actually.

But as far as my memory has checked... there is not an actual depiction of how he actually looked like. Unless you consider revitionist historians a thing

Baruch

Nobody knows what he looked like, since he was probably fictional.  Apostle Paul is historical, and Paul never met Jesus.  Paul of course would have looked like a typical local Jew of that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d2rpgQ-8DE

Jesus being an archetype (a very powerful thing compared to a flawed historical character) ... has been depicted as Chinese in 19th century Chinese evangelical materials (Chinese peasants couldn't think that anyone didn't look Chinese).  And Jesus is widely depicted as Black in African evangelism.  In some of my old Bible study materials (Lutheran) Abraham is depicted as blond haired ;-))

Yes, Europeans get things wrong.  Europeans didn't invent racism, they are blamed for being successful at it.  Chauvinism is as old as humanity itself.  You aren't being very successful as a provocateur.  Step up your game!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Kibla92

May be just be me. But i think "Passion of the Christ" was very realistic when that movie first came out. Because there was nothing like it at the time. All Jesus stories i saw in cartoons or movies was basically norwegian or english. So having the movie be about the culture, language was legit a thing i praised at the time.

But its how i kinda would assume them looking and speaking like at the time. But i aint a historian.. i dont know if there is a document describing the outlook on people. Only case is maybe the historian Jospehus "But then some people will say.. OH HE IS NOT REALLY JEWISH"

So i dont know what to say XD

Although the whole point with that photoshop was to symbolise that Jesus is for everyone. Maybe the Church should just use that type of depictions, if people make it into a big deal is what i mean

Baruch

That image would do for the RCC.  That is a Roman aristocrat ;-)

Mel Gibson tries, even if he misses a bit.  Braveheart, Passion of Christ, Apocalypto.  His version of Passion of Christ is very RCC, but better than most because of Aramaic.  But his sectarian nature comes thru ... Pontius Pilate and the other Romans would have been speaking Greek in Judea, not Latin.  Oops!

Josephus and Philo are good contemporary reads.  Flavius Josephus is close to Apostle Paul, pre-conversion.  A Hellenized Jew.  Philo is also a Hellenized Jew, who is closest to the Apostle John in his thinking (Logos).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Kibla92

Quote from: Baruch on August 21, 2020, 04:03:25 PM
That image would do for the RCC.  That is a Roman aristocrat ;-)

Mel Gibson tries, even if he misses a bit.  Braveheart, Passion of Christ, Apocalypto.  His version of Passion of Christ is very RCC, but better than most because of Aramaic.  But his sectarian nature comes thru ... Pontius Pilate and the other Romans would have been speaking Greek in Judea, not Latin.  Oops!

yeah thats one flaw. Is Greek was most likely what they would speak to communicate with each other, and not latin. But i agree

Baruch

Quote from: Kibla92 on August 21, 2020, 04:05:06 PM
yeah thats one flaw. Is Greek was most likely what they would speak to communicate with each other, and not latin. But i agree

The sleeper has awakened!  Can you summon and ride a giant worm too? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Kibla92

When i think about it Josephus looks alot like Mark Zuckerberg

Draconic Aiur

He is Middle Eastern historically. That means his skin color could vary. But Jesus is also a myth, so why couldn't he have any skin color or form. Like Raptor Jesus.

Cassia

The whole Jesus story is so obvious scripted as allegorical lessons with his supporting cast of characters being just as unbelievable; like a typical episode of "Three's Company" or something. Each character with a purpose. Supposedly "the word" is orally passed down word-for-word by illiterates for a few decades before finally being scrolled up. Amazingly, more and more detail appears with each new testament that is produced! The apostles act like they have never seen a miracle after about a dozen of them. Cheap parlor tricks like water to wine is the work of human brains. You would think the lord would drop an e=mc2 type revelation or perhaps an anatomy or microbiology textbook on them. Now that would have been a miracle. The resurrection, the passion, the baptism, the visit to hades, the virgin birth, the healing, being betrayed and dwelling in the netherworld was all done before. If it works, why fix it?

Mike Cl

Of course there isn't a depiction of what the 'real' Jesus looked like.  Is there a depiction of what the 'real' Paul Bunyon looked like?  Of course not.  Both are fictions.  Jesus can look as you want him to.  One can draw or depict Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck as one wants to.  Just as the good Minister Weems tells us uplifting fictional stories of George Washington, all for a good cause of illustrating what a person of good character would do, the early chruch 'fathers' did the same with Jesus.  You, my friend, can view Jesus any way you wish.  I view him as a cartoon character that changes with the telling of him and his exploits by everybody who tells me of him.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

I don't know if there was a real Jesus, but if there was, he would have looked something like this, based on the time and region he was supposedly born into:

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

You really don't look first, do you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

What color is the Easter bunny's fur, though?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 27, 2020, 11:22:14 AM
What color is the Easter bunny's fur, though?
Both Jesus and the Bunny are white.  I've seen drawings of both of them.  I can draw other parallels between them too.  What do Jesus and the Easter Bunny have in common?  Well Easter of course, but there's more.  Do I really have to tell you?