News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

So apparently, Mike Pence was one of the targets of the Trumpets during the raid, with some stating intent to execute him. ...What? Just because he wouldn't break law to prevent the transfer of power? Trump and his followers are making so many enemies within their own party, maybe Trump actually will answer for some of his crimes. I wonder what will follow from here. It seems like the party is splitting in two, between the clinically insane and those who are...not. Will the party recover from this like nothing happened, with the rabid masses just returning to voting red at their next opportunity anyway, or will they form a new party to worship unconditionally? Parties have come and go in the past, so it's not completely unheard of. Heck, if Trump isn't impeached before he leaves (and this may be an incentive for Republicans to make it happen), he may just run independently. He'd be splitting the Republican vote in half, so he'd have to be really full of himself to think he could win in that scenario, but he might do it just to spite the Republicans who failed him in his coup attempt. Aaaaaaaand it could be a good excuse to raise more funds for himself, some of which will go towards his campaign.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 10, 2021, 08:51:47 PM
So apparently, Mike Pence was one of the targets of the Trumpets during the raid, with some stating intent to execute him. ...What?
And then he left Pelosi on hold and to the best of my knowledge, hasn't supported any move to remove the attempted coup ringleader from office.  Clearly, a relationship in which utmost loyalty is demanded, but neither earned nor reciprocated.

Unbeliever

I expect the Trump cult to resort to guerilla warfare soon. What role might those pardoned war criminals play? Or maybe General Flynn will be in command of the Trump "militia."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

"La forkette satanica!" :lol: I haven't seen this vid before. Noone got away.

I was taken to somewhere for a pizza slice by a certain someone when I visited NYC too. :)
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Shiranu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 11, 2021, 04:24:15 AM
"La forkette satanica!" :lol: I haven't seen this vid before. Noone got away.

I was taken to somewhere for a pizza slice by a certain someone when I visited NYC too. :)

I hope they at least took you to something a little more authentic than Trump would have lol.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on January 11, 2021, 05:08:24 AM
I hope they at least took you to something a little more authentic than Trump would have lol.

I think so. Because I got the point much better than with the huge steak thing. OMG. Places everyone eats, esp. sells one thing without prices, furnishings and extra stuff are the ones to go when you visit some foriegn country. (Perosnally for me, at home too.) Where the majority of the people eat. Rich, poor, gourmet...etc. Because it is about the food only. Even in Italy in this case. Actually esp. in Italy, I guess, lol.

For example, there was a sausage place -I'm sure it is still there by the way- in the Cathedral square in Munich. It only served a certain kind of sausage and beer between certain hours and nothing else. I think it was 400 something years old.

People with world wide traveling experiences recommend going to the oldest, smallest restaurants in a foriegn country, and asking the chef where they eat out for the special result. To my limited experience, they are right and the best places are almost never big, posh, or even famous restaurants. They are not selling names. Which is very easy to do today. You should take risks and of course becareful. It's the most fun. 

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on January 11, 2021, 12:55:57 AMHow did we not see the red flags flying?
I dunno about that pizza stuff (I mean, there are people who prefer Chicago style) but a big early red flag was that  "short-fingered vulgarian" stuff.  This guy gets roasted and responds by sending magazine pictures with his hands circled as if the insult were 100% literal.  And this went on for months.  Serious insecurity and ego defense.

That and the ludicrous amounts of debt to IPU-knows-who and complete lack of the normal disclosures/divestment prior to taking the presidency.

Oh and all the rape stuff.  And bragging about being a bully as a kid.  And watching 3000 people die on live TV and then taking that opportunity to brag about having the current tallest building in NYC.  Cause priorities.

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 11, 2021, 04:41:38 PM
I dunno about that pizza stuff (I mean, there are people who prefer Chicago style) but a big early red flag was that  "short-fingered vulgarian" stuff.  This guy gets roasted and responds by sending magazine pictures with his hands circled as if the insult were 100% literal.  And this went on for months.  Serious insecurity and ego defense.

That and the ludicrous amounts of debt to IPU-knows-who and complete lack of the normal disclosures/divestment prior to taking the presidency.

Oh and all the rape stuff.  And bragging about being a bully as a kid.  And watching 3000 people die on live TV and then taking that opportunity to brag about having the current tallest building in NYC.  Cause priorities.
You really would be hard-pressed to find a bigger douchebag, LOL.

Hydra009

House Democrats start impeachment process

This one charges him with "incitement of an insurrection".  Rep Omar launched an additional impeachment resolution with a second charge - "abused the powers of the Presidency to incite violence and orchestrate an attempted coup."  House leadership is reportedly considering including one or both charges in their final resolution.

That's of course if Pence doesn't step up and start the 25th amendment process on the guy who incited a mob that chanted for his death and set up a noose to do it with.  If that's not a fireable offense, nothing is.  All he has to do is grow a backbone and push that button.  Wouldn't you?

Mr.Obvious

They should impeach regardless of the 25th amendment. Bar the man from holding office in the future.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 11, 2021, 05:22:55 PM
They should impeach regardless of the 25th amendment. Bar the man from holding office in the future.
Equally as important is the lack of Secret Service detail.  While in office, he milked taxpayers by having his whole entourage stay at his bedbug hotel and having the audacity to charge them exorbitant rates.  He'd do that out of office as well.

aitm

As much as I would love to pummel Trump as president, there are enough fuckin crazies with guns and willing to use them for this clown, I would prefer if we just let him slink away for a couple months then hammer the fuck.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Jason Harvestdancer

On inauguration day he'll be gone anyway.  It's almost over.

Then we can turn to the business of rounding up Trump supporters for reeducation camps.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 11, 2021, 10:21:50 PM
Then we can turn to the business of rounding up Trump supporters for reeducation camps.

Yeah. 'Cause a thing Dems would totally do.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--