News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 12, 2021, 11:46:24 PM
All I'm saying is that the people who say Trump won't be running with this air of confidence like they know what they're talking about don't know jack about 2024.  No one does.  So don't count your chickens till they hatch.

Wait... Those aren't chickens!

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 12, 2021, 11:24:47 PM
I can't imagine Republican party influencers allowing Trump to represent their party again after this latest fiasco. I will not be surprised at all if Trump, who had "the greatest first term in presidential history", runs third-party in 2024 simply for ego and to rake in donations. As he said, "This is only the beginning."
I don't know who the "influencers" are, but it seems to me the Republican Party did as much as they could to keep him from the nomination four years ago.  The primary system, designed as it is, allowed a strong populous movement to truly have their say, even over the party insiders.  It wasn't until Trump won the election that the Republican Party threw their weight behind him with all of their resources.

I don't know if he will run in 2024 (I would not be surprised), but I'm thinking he has done enough damage to himself that disaffected liberals would again turn out in force to stop him.  Trump is a goofball president, but he is tremendously popular with his base that is more dedicated than any I have seen, much more so than with Biden or even any of the other primary hopefuls.  I would call his support stunning, but also obviously dangerous to the country.

Mike Cl

I think that The Turtle sees, and agrees with those that have posted above.  I really am getting the sense that he would love to see the chance or ability, of trump to run for office (any office) ever again as a death knell for the repubs.  So, he wants to make it impossible for trump to do that and an impeachment and Senate kicking him out of office as a way to do that.  Is The Turtle a frenemy?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

This 'riot' was actually an attack.  And as time goes by, it will become more and more apparent this attack was meant to be much deeper and wider--people were meant to lose their lives.

Several congressional Democrats claim the January 6 Capitol insurrection was aided by 'insiders'
https://www.yahoo.com/news/several-congressional-democrats-claim-january-092936502.html

Several Democratic members of Congress have speculated that some members of the mob who attacked the US Capitol had help from people with insider knowledge of the building.

On Tuesday, Rep. Mikie Sherrill of New Jersey released a Facebook Live video claiming she saw several members of Congress taking people on "reconnaissance" tours on January 5.

I can't find it now, but a small article said that at least one of the 'panic' alarms were ripped out prior to the attack.  The Representative from Mass. I think.  If so, then who did that?

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Another voice added to the rising alarm:

Chris Christie: If Inciting Insurrection Isn't Impeachable, 'I Don't Know What Is'
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/chris-christie-impeach-trump-224224223.html

If he is for impeachment......................

Blackleaf

Pence is such a spineless coward. He was a specific target of the riot, and he still claims impeachment shouldn't be done. If inciting violence and attempted insurrections isn't enough to warrant an impeachment, then WTF is? These Republicans are acting as if they were not also targets of the attack. Every one of them could have become a victim of violence, or been kidnapped, but they're acting as if Democrats are just secretly loving this opportunity to stick it to them. WTF is wrong with these people?
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

Quote from: Shiranu on January 12, 2021, 01:23:03 AM
I'm not sure if I should post this in this thread or the virus thread, but...

Two Dem congresswomen have now tested positive after being forced to shelter in place with Republicans who refused to wear masks during the coup attempt.

https://www.thecut.com/2021/01/rep-jayapal-tests-positive-for-covid-after-capitol-riots.html

Maybe they wanted to be recognized as fellow Trumpanistas when the other Trumpanistas showed up, since democrats were likely all wearing masks.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Unbeliever

Well, I guess you can't spell "patriot" without "riot."
God Not Found

Blackleaf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR0Mpak1RwDrnjgXunNebMDwO1JicP_r-t04OkfpZwPR7unb-fX-5O0A-Wk&v=XwqAInN9HWI&feature=youtu.be

Here's an interesting video from a man who is a professional lawyer. So his opinion is based on fact and precedent, not on personal feelings on what he thinks should happen. Long story short, it is unlikely that Trump will be found guilty for incitement in court. When it comes to political speech, courts give a ton more room for reasonable doubt than in other cases. He calls incitement a "legal unicorn." And since Trump didn't specifically tell anyone to invade the government building, and used vague language like "fight," which could be interpreted in multiple ways, it's unlikely he will face legal consequences. It is absolute bullshit, but it's unfortunately true.
--Fulke Greville--

Jason Harvestdancer

The last question then is if there is even time for an impeachment trial before Biden gets inaugurated.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Unbeliever

No, but it doesn't matter, since it will still go to the Senate after the 20th.

The impeachment is done - Trump is the first president to be impeached twice. He hasn't been convicted in the Senate yet, but we can hope.
God Not Found

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 13, 2021, 09:07:44 PM
The last question then is if there is even time for an impeachment trial before Biden gets inaugurated.

Probably not, but the trial can continue after Trump is gone. What's the point, you ask? It would bar Trump from running again later. And he may (unlikely) face legal consequences afterwards. But mainly, this is a message, to say that this kind of behavior can't be tolerated.
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

I just heard that Marjorie Taylor Greene (the new Q-anon member of congress) has said that she will submit a resolution to impeach Biden as soon as he becomes president.

She isn't the first nutjob in congress, but she might be the nuttiest of the bunch.
God Not Found

Hydra009

"DoN't ImPeAcH Trump, LeT's HaVe UnItY"