News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Was Jesus gay?

Started by Gregory, April 06, 2020, 08:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory

What was with the naked guy running away from the Garden of Gethsemane? I think that someone might have got a little confused.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gregory on April 06, 2020, 08:08:20 AM
What was with the naked guy running away from the Garden of Gethsemane? I think that someone might have got a little confused.
That's like asking if Paul Bunyan was gay.  Both are fictions, and who cares one way or the other????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 06, 2020, 09:53:37 AM
That's like asking if Paul Bunyan was gay.  Both are fictions, and who cares one way or the other????

We know you don't go in for literary analysis, unlike Munch ;-)  Munch is an art critic of super-hero movies.  Probably a buff superhero himself ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gregory on April 06, 2020, 08:08:20 AM

In the non-canonical gospels (in fragments) this is explained.  There was sexy gnosticism back in the day.  And the last epigram of the Gospel of Thomas is transgender .. it claims that women have to become men, to be saved.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Just one of the infinite variety of Californios.

Jesus People first appeared in San Fran in 1967.  Then then there were the Jesus Freaks, who pejoratively added counterculture to this.  These people and their fans grew up to be the Evangelicals of the 80s.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.