News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Sad about Boy Scouts ...

Started by Baruch, February 19, 2020, 10:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

""It's The Biggest Sex-Abuse Bankruptcy Of All Time" - Facing 100s Of Lawsuits, Boy Scouts Of America Goes Chapter 11" ... I was only a Cub Scout, but my father was a Boy Scout.  Darn those pedophile den mothers! (sarc)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

I was a scout and my mother was a den mother. It's terrible that so many boys were sexually abused. One of my classmates in high school who was a junior when I was a freshman was caught trying to engage in sex with another scout on a camping trip. Everyone found out about it and he ended up killing himself. He was the only gay person I knew and it really affected me.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on February 19, 2020, 11:44:48 AM
I was a scout and my mother was a den mother. It's terrible that so many boys were sexually abused. One of my classmates in high school who was a junior when I was a freshman was caught trying to engage in sex with another scout on a camping trip. Everyone found out about it and he ended up killing himself. He was the only gay person I knew and it really affected me.

That is sad.  So a gay scout master wasn't involved then.  Just "playing doctor".  There used to be a great stigma.  I wouldn't be happy as a father, if my child "played doctor" but I think it can be overlooked as a youthful indiscretion.  Today we have bullying on the Internet, and young people killing themselves over that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.