SJWs attempt to destroy programming ...

Started by Baruch, September 24, 2018, 08:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Halkenburg on January 27, 2019, 05:48:38 AM
You'll never take me alive! ;-P

I am from the SW US.  I find a shootout in the street to be more honest and fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ_7br_3y54

Even if the numbers are not in your favor.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Halkenburg

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2019, 05:50:21 AM
Not the point.  You still think you live in a free society.  Never has been such a thing, but it is good propaganda for the proles.

Make everything illegal, but don't enforce it, except selectively.  That way you live in constant fear of the knock on the door at midnight.  Authoritarians are sadistic bastards.  !984 is a plan, not a warning.  So is V For Vengeance.

I am much more optimistic about the future than you. I don't know if it's naive, youthful optimism vs. experienced, jaded pessimism, but when I learn about new technologies and see what is being worked on right now, I feel incredibly hopeful for the future. The terms DNSSEC, DNS-over-TLS, DNSCrypt and ESNI promise a future without mass surveillance, free from the spying eyes of the NSA and all the other security agencies around the world. Trust me, oldtimer, things are looking up for the future.

Plu

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2019, 05:46:49 AM
So when shall I turn you all into the thought police?

Do you have magic conversion powers? You're free to try and magically change me into something else :wink:

Baruch

Quote from: Halkenburg on January 27, 2019, 05:53:29 AM
I am much more optimistic about the future than you. I don't know if it's naive, youthful optimism vs. experienced, jaded pessimism, but when I learn about new technologies and see what is being worked on right now, I feel incredibly hopeful for the future. The terms DNSSEC, DNS-over-TLS, DNSCrypt and ESNI promise a future without mass surveillance, free from the spying eyes of the NSA and all the other security agents. Trust me, oldtimer, things are not looking so bleak.

Tech opens doors, tech closes doors.  It is a constant challenge, for young people ;-)  But can you control the Internet backbone (AT&T) or the main nodes?  But if you keep off any network, it isn't too bad, until they only allow computers that are "domained".  That is how we roll in the military.  And not trust other government agencies.

Think Soviet Union, with all copiers and typewriters strictly controlled.  We are moving from low-tech dystopia to high-tech dystopia.  This is the specialization of an ecological niche, until one is so specialized that a black swan takes out the whole biome.  In short, you don't control all the OSI layers, and eventually like with Minitel (France) it will only be a public utility, and you will control nothing.

Nobody makes news or commentary, unless authorized ... aka official journalist, official newspaper editor ... all licensed by the government.  People a generation from now won't even know what happened, down the memory hole.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Plu on January 27, 2019, 05:54:18 AM
Do you have magic conversion powers? You're free to try and magically change me into something else :wink:

No, turn you into a giant Rabbi by mistake ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpZsdb4X0B4

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.