Socrates, One of the Earliest "Cultural Marxists"?

Started by Shiranu, August 18, 2018, 01:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

I work by association, analogically, metaphorically.

So ... "Instead, it demonstrates that they themselves, these wisest ones, were somehow in physiological agreement, so that they took the same negative stance toward lifeâ€"and had to take it." ... without looking plainly at the reality of presumed pederastry between Socrates and Plato, or between Plato and Aristotle (as also revealed in Gnostic initiation in Classical times, and hinted at in the NT) we can't grasp what is going on ... but pearl clutching and averting our gaze like Queen Victoria ... one would not be able to tie this into gay alienation, would one?

"Alienation" is more than just economic, political or cultural.  It can be the default psyche of many in society that don't have a "proper fit".  On the other hand, if Leonardo hadn't been gay, if Michelangelo hadn't been gay ... would they have had any daemon like Socrates?

For me Freud looms large, along with Nietzsche and Marx in defining the 19th century ... a breakdown of agricultural and aristocratic traditional life we are still struggling with.  The original statues were gaily painted, not pure white marble that Mozart shit out in his struggle for originality.  What of Mozart's alcoholism?

Please share as you like, my goal is to be a bit like Demosthenes, to find people smarter and more interesting than myself, and then sit down and listen.  But you must be aware that I am more Dionysian than Apollonian, much to the annoyance of most people here.  With books, I have access to the smartest and most interesting, but a living book (Fahrenheit 451 or logos) is the most interesting of all.  A book by a dead author is just an "exquisite corpse" ...

https://www.codrescu.com/exquisite-corpse/

A thought in time of Covid ...

I have to be immortal, because it will take that long to read everything worth reading ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.