News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New York bombing

Started by pr126, September 18, 2016, 01:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Caveat: Articles are posted “as is”. I cannot vouch for the authenticity or accuracy of the contents of any individual item posted here.
Sources may or may not be approved by AF.
Further research and verification are left to the reader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tm9XMrio98

http://www.twincities.com/2016/09/17/several-people-injured-in-stabbing-at-st-cloud-mall/

Jack89

So at this point we know that they were in fact bombs, but we don't know who's responsible.  I don't quite buy the SJW claim Paul Joseph Watson throws in the video.  More info required. 

Mr.Obvious

I hope our AF-NY members are safe :(
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PickelledEggs

My brother was a block away when this happened. He apparently didn't hear an explosion.

As for agenda. There is not enough info to pinpoint a motive. As of yet, at least. There is not enough info to pin it on terrorism, there isn't enough to pinpoint it on anything. Stay objective, friends.

All we know is that there was two bombs in NYC and a third one that went off ealrier yesterday in Seaside, NJ

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/19/nyregion/chelsea-explosion-what-we-know-and-dont-know.html?_r=0

SGOS

Last report I read, the governor called it terrorism, but said that as of now, the investigations haven't found any link to international terrorism.  Without information, saying anymore than that would be inappropriate.  I think the main information channels are doing exactly what they can at this time, no more, no less.  But whoever this turns out to be, I won't be surprised.  I don't see any real effort to incriminate or protect Islam at this time.  And speculation isn't going to add anything to the facts.  It's just a matter of not having enough information to know what happened.  And it seems a bit early to assume a cover up at this time of the investigation.

Nonsensei

When you think of this from an operational threat perspective its a complete failure as an attack.

Leave it to win thirsty conservatives to make sure the attack is effective though. The point of the attack was to spread fear, and theres nothing conservatives love doing more. So, what was a failure has now been made into a success thanks to the "patriots" in the Republican party.

This is a type of mental warfare, and the goal of our enemies is to make us notice them and to make us afraid of them. Being skeptical about the terrorist nature of these attacks and having a realistic viewpoint of the effectiveness of them thwarts the agenda of our enemies. Screeching at the top of our lungs about the horror of these attacks supports their agenda. Every minute of air time that is dedicated to a zero threat, zero effectiveness event like this is a win for the perpetrators.

Our enemies are trying to terrify America, and the republican party is helping them.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

PickelledEggs

The governor can call it whatever he wants. If there is no known agenda or motive, it can not be pinned as terrorism. Yet, at least.

Gawdzilla Sama

BREAKING NEWS
The bombing in New York City does not appear to be tied to international terrorism, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said
Sunday, September 18, 2016 10:57 AM EDT
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said that a powerful explosion that rocked the Chelsea neighborhood in Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring 29 people, did not appear to be linked to international terrorism, but that it was a powerful bomb designed to kill.
He said all of those injured had been treated and released from the hospital.
Read more » http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/19/nyregion/new-york-explosion-chelsea.html?emc=edit_na_20160918&nlid=60854848&ref=headline
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

I'm not sure what you can call setting a bomb off in public besides terrorism...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Deidre32

I think it's because no group has claimed as carrying it out? Maybe that's why they can't be conclusive about it. ISIS typically has claimed their attacks, with pride, so ...not sure. We'll have to see.
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on September 18, 2016, 03:37:17 PM
I'm not sure what you can call setting a bomb off in public besides terrorism...
How about unrequited love?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Deidre32 on September 18, 2016, 03:47:27 PM
I think it's because no group has claimed as carrying it out? Maybe that's why they can't be conclusive about it. ISIS typically has claimed their attacks, with pride, so ...not sure. We'll have to see.
We've had domestic terrorists here since 1492.
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on September 18, 2016, 03:37:17 PM
The person that made the bomb and planted it could be just crazy and wanted to hurt people. It could be revenge for something. There are plenty of reasons that do not equate to terrorism. Jumping to conclusions get us nowhere.

Nonsensei

Quote from: Deidre32 on September 18, 2016, 03:47:27 PM

The problem is that ISIS tries to take credit whether they are responsible or not.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

GSOgymrat

The New York Daily News says the gays did it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/manhattan/nypd-vetting-tumblr-claiming-chelsea-bomber-manifesto-article-1.2796907

The page, which had a rainbow flag in its banner, said the bombs are a protest against the oppression of the LGBT communityâ€" even though they were left in one of New York's most gay-friendly neighborhoods.

“You probably have all seen the news by now, the explosives detonated in New York City, that was me,” the first post said.

“I did it because I cannot stand society. I cannot live in a world where homosexuals like myself as well as the rest of the LGBTQ+ community are looked down upon by society.” In a second post, the author wrote, “I don’t know exactly how I feel about taking human lives.” Both posts were published Sunday.

I'll wait and see what the official investigation reveals.