What's Happening to Trump's Campaign?

Started by SGOS, August 30, 2016, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on October 14, 2016, 05:46:59 PM
It looks to me like Trump has finally found the key to torpedoing his own campaign.

Every election offers something of interest.  But I've got to tell you this one is by far the strangest.  With the current Trump scandal, I am almost to the point of not believing what I'm watching, not because the women are suddenly coming out of the closet and being so graphic.  Nothing to see there.  Politicians get wiped out in sex scandals even more than televangelists.  But Trump's responses are bewildering.  Not as bewildering as they could have been before I got so used to Trump bewildering me about everything else.  His latest tactic when a woman accuses him of sexual assault, is to respond by more or less rating their attractiveness:  "I wouldn't assault her.  She's too ugly," which more or less implies, "I only assault the good looking ones."   The media refers to it as groping, not sexual assault.  But Trump isn't a common ordinary groper.  He is discriminating groper who doesn't grope just anyone.  He takes his time, looks them over and then gropes them when they're least expecting it.  I don't know if he offers to buy them a drink afterwards.  Maybe he leaves his business card, but the ladies seem to remember him.

Cavebear

Trump has 3 strategies when attacked.

The first and mildest is to criticize groups or individuals and then say he loves them.  As in something like "the Mexicans send us their word people but, hey, I love them". 

The 2nd level is to say he is better than anyone, but Obama, he's a Kenyan.  He has proof. Not one of us, but he's OK, I love him.  The "I love him/them" after an insult is a standard Trumpism.

The 3rd is to offer to provide evidence and then claim the claim as evidence.  That's the most annoying part.  Today at a lunchtime speech he denied the claims of all the women who said he assaulted them and could prove it.  Then later in the day, he referred to his earlier "evidence" proving that they were wrong.   He turns a claim in one speech into "proof" in the next.

His supporters went wild because he referenced "proof?  They were thrilled to hear of "proof".  And he hadn't given any. 

Dimes to donuts that half his supporters think the Earth is only 6,000 years old and humans co-existed with dinosaurs.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on October 15, 2016, 07:02:36 AM

The 3rd is to offer to provide evidence and then claim the claim as evidence.  That's the most annoying part.  Today at a lunchtime speech he denied the claims of all the women who said he assaulted them and could prove it.  Then later in the day, he referred to his earlier "evidence" proving that they were wrong.   He turns a claim in one speech into "proof" in the next.

LOL  I hadn't caught that yet, I'll keep an eye open.  When you described that, it seemed like a tactic I've seen before.  OK, I think I know why it's so familiar.  Referencing the Bible, and "claiming the Biblical claim is evidence for the claim" is a absurdly common theist tactic.

Trump just adds another layer of absurdity by referencing himself.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Atheon

For a Republican, an assertion is proof, and a repeated assertion is truth.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

SGOS

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/16/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-presidential-polls/

Hillary ahead by 11 points today.  Trump staggers into a corner as the ref gives him a standing eight.  Trump is on his feet again swinging wildly and shouting the fight is rigged.

This is more than I can take.  I hate seeing a he-man that can grab women by the pussy whenever he wants getting the shit kicked out of him by an old lady.  Guys, we've got to get together and support our own, or the women will take over and get all the good jobs.

Mike Cl

One thing that bothers me is that Trump wants his followers/thugs to closely monitor the voting places so that nothing wrong takes place.  I hope this does not actually happen.  It could lead to a violent day.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 16, 2016, 07:05:08 PM
One thing that bothers me is that Trump wants his followers/thugs to closely monitor the voting places so that nothing wrong takes place.  I hope this does not actually happen.  It could lead to a violent day.
That's why I plan on voting early.  Plus, I hate peop...I mean crowds.  Yep, just crowds.  Nothing misanthropic about that, right?  I love people.  Nobody loves people more than me.  The daily dormant periods, the constantly growing hair and nails, and the skin oils smeared on every surface they come into contact with.  It's revul...I love it.  And as a fellow human, I feel very much at ease among fellow humans.  *nervous sweat*

AllPurposeAtheist

It's a conspiracy I tell ya! A conspiracy!  HRC planted trumpster fire in the gop to make sure he would lose. He's on the take and a hillaryshill!
Wouldn't that just be icing on the cake? 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 16, 2016, 07:39:36 PM
That's why I plan on voting early.  Plus, I hate peop...I mean crowds.  Yep, just crowds.  Nothing misanthropic about that, right?  I love people.  Nobody loves people more than me.  The daily dormant periods, the constantly growing hair and nails, and the skin oils smeared on every surface they come into contact with.  It's revul...I love it.  And as a fellow human, I feel very much at ease among fellow humans.  *nervous sweat*
I vote by mail so that I don't have to stand in line amongst the great unwas..............er, people.  I too, love crowds!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Baruch on October 13, 2016, 08:46:32 PM
But will Trump suck the other Republicans into the vortex of his Black Hole?  Only time will tell.
One hopes.  The only way to break the hold that the Teabaggers and the Talebangelicals have over the GOP is for them to keep losing elections at the national level.  They're always going to win at certain local levels.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Atheon

I would like nothing more than for this election to be an extinction-level event for the Republican Party.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Atheon on October 18, 2016, 08:59:19 AM
I would like nothing more than for this election to be an extinction-level event for the Republican Party.

Then two things would happen.

1.  An actual opposition party would replace the Republican Party.
2.  The Democratic Party would fracture and fall next.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on October 18, 2016, 11:49:11 AM
Then two things would happen.

1.  An actual opposition party would replace the Republican Party.
2.  The Democratic Party would fracture and fall next.

Neither of which is necessarily a bad thing.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.