If there is no God. Then someone explain life.

Started by g2perk, August 17, 2016, 01:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doorknob

while I enjoy a good chew toy this guy doesn't even amuse me. Lets just boot him. I don't even think he deserves purgatory. Just ban him.

g2perk

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 19, 2016, 10:09:59 AM
Yea, for a student of the Bible Perky doesn't seem to know that much about Biblical history.
Its a simple point for simple people. King David is in the bible and so are his words. Now with that said the findings from his life represent facts that are in the bible. You ask for proof that the bible was real well here you go.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: doorknob on August 19, 2016, 12:22:42 PM
while I enjoy a good chew toy this guy doesn't even amuse me. Lets just boot him. I don't even think he deserves purgatory. Just ban him.

Meh. I don't find him very engaging either; but as long as he doesn't start spamming the forum, I'm okay with letting him stay.
He seems to remain mostly contained to his own thread and though his responses seem strange and void, he seemingly only gives them as a response on a response to him. He's not doing anything really 'wrong', imo. Don't know on what grounds you'd ban him.
I mean, I don't want to stick my neck out for this guy, but I feel like bans should have legitimate reasons.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

g2perk

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 19, 2016, 09:51:03 AM
Yes the first homo sapiens were probably dark skinned. Is that a problem for you?
I was just clarifying a earlier conversation.

g2perk

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 19, 2016, 12:34:00 PM
Meh. I don't find him very engaging either; but as long as he doesn't start spamming the forum, I'm okay with letting him stay.
He seems to remain mostly contained to his own thread and though his responses seem strange and void, he seemingly only gives them as a response on a response to him. He's not doing anything really 'wrong', imo. Don't know on what grounds you'd ban him.
I mean, I don't want to stick my neck out for this guy, but I feel like bans should have legitimate reasons.
Thanks. Look I know you guys can't understand my way of thinking and that cool. I just want to say this. The bible should not be read word for word because there is a lot of allegories in it, and if you do not understand the meaning behind each verse it can and is taken out of context. The whole point of the bible is to show us what people went through and to learn from there mistakes that's it. The bible doesn't tell us to kill people that's ridiculous, instead it says to love others and give to those in need.

stromboli

Quote from: g2perk on August 19, 2016, 12:31:15 PM
Its a simple point for simple people. King David is in the bible and so are his words. Now with that said the findings from his life represent facts that are in the bible. You ask for proof that the bible was real well here you go.

There is also a talking donkey, dragons, giants and flying chariots. Well there you go.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: stromboli on August 19, 2016, 01:30:35 PM
There is also a talking donkey, dragons, giants and flying chariots. Well there you go.
To be fair, I think the dragons were metaphorical. But the rest stromboli mentions were literal. And the sunlight did go backwards up the steps of the temple. No problem believing the Earth stopped, and then backed up a little. Or maybe God just moved the sun. It must be true, because the Bible says it happened, although I bet you wish it didn't. And of course we all had a common language until the Tower of Babel fiasco, where God thwarted our cooperation, by confusing our languages. But I can't recall, was that before or after he flooded the entire Earth with 29,040 feet of water, just to kill off a relative handful of humans?
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Mike Cl

Yeah, and the proof of Babe, the Blue Ox, is in the holy scripture of Paul Bunyan. 

Fiction used to validate fictional characters--works for ya, huh g2. :)))))))))))))))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

g2perk

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 19, 2016, 03:05:49 PM
Yeah, and the proof of Babe, the Blue Ox, is in the holy scripture of Paul Bunyan. 

Fiction used to validate fictional characters--works for ya, huh g2. :)))))))))))))))
Have you ever read proverbs. What about those truths.

Solomon Zorn

"Sand is heavy, and stone a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both." - King Solomon.

Sounds like old fashioned human wisdom to me. Nothing divine about it.

"Do not answer a fool, according to his folly, lest you become like him. Answer a fool, according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes." - King Solomon

I'll bet when you read this, you see yourself as the wise man. From my point of view, you are indeed the fool, whose every question has been answered over and over, but continues in the folly of rationalizing, and self deception. You ignore what you can't really respond to, and give non-sequiturs as responses, when you do. That's why you read people getting bored with you, and starting to talk about banning you. It's because you are not really contributing anything anymore. You don't seem to know how to rationally discuss much of anything.

Prove me wrong, and quit being a troll.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Gawdzilla Sama

New York exists, therefore Spiderman is real.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

g2perk

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 19, 2016, 05:26:38 PM
New York exists, therefore Spiderman is real.
See. You guys can not have an intelligent conversation.

stromboli

Yes the bible is allegorical in places, such as the Garden of Eden and the Book of Job. But the stuff that is supposed to be real- Noah's Ark, Exodus, the existence/birth of Jesus- is demonstrably either impossible or a complete invention. We have debated Jesus on here many times and there is still no consensus that he was a complete myth or based on a real human being. The consensus of archaeologists and historians is that Exodus didn't happen.

But you'll need to explain that to all the bible literalists. You've got Ken Ham et al insisting the earth is 6,000 years old and the Garden of Eden was a real place. Likewise his 100 million dollar boondoggle sitting in Kentucky. Every church I went to as a Christian-all six- believed the bible literally.

Might want to see this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qalTJzk4kO0

The bible's buried secrets. It explains how the Old Testament came to be.

g2perk

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on August 19, 2016, 03:55:27 PM
"Sand is heavy, and stone a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both." - King Solomon.

Sounds like old fashioned human wisdom to me. Nothing divine about it.

"Do not answer a fool, according to his folly, lest you become like him. Answer a fool, according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes." - King Solomon

I'll bet when you read this, you see yourself as the wise man. From my point of view, you are indeed the fool, whose every question has been answered over and over, but continues in the folly of rationalizing, and self deception. You ignore what you can't really respond to, and give non-sequiturs as responses, when you do. That's why you read people getting bored with you, and starting to talk about banning you. It's because you are not really contributing anything anymore. You don't seem to know how to rationally discuss much of anything.

Prove me wrong, and quit being a troll.
Then lets talk about it. Im all about be rational but when the response from you guys gets insulting then what am I supposed to do. Its obvious we don't believe in the same thing. Who knows maybe I can learn something.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman