If there is no God. Then someone explain life.

Started by g2perk, August 17, 2016, 01:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on October 14, 2016, 02:49:20 PM
They are two different things, I think.

You should try thinking sometime. I think it's more intellectually honest than claiming you know something.

Are you certain about that? Or could you be wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 02:50:19 PM
Are you certain about that? Or could you be wrong?

I could be wrong.

I don't know.

I think.

How long do you want to keep on dancing this dance? Does any of this have a point? If so is it coming up soon?
You choose to know what you know, and could still be wrong about that. Big whoop? I'll stick to thinking.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on October 14, 2016, 02:52:43 PM
I could be wrong.

I don't know.

I think.

How long do you want to keep on dancing this dance? Does any of this have a point? If so is it coming up soon?
You choose to know what you know, and could still be wrong about that. Big whoop? I'll stick to thinking.

You can't know what I can know if you could be wrong about everything you claim to know. You literally can't know anything. You have given up knowledge and there fore are reduced to absurdity. You can't have knowledge without God, in fact all you can have is absurdity.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 02:58:11 PM
You can't know what I can know if you could be wrong about everything you claim to know. You literally can't know anything. You have given up knowledge and there fore are reduced to absurdity. You can't have knowledge without God, in fact all you can have is absurdity.

I think I have my thoughts.

And I think you think you have a point in there somewhere. But I don't think you do.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 11:06:42 AM
Would you be able to answer my question?

In the context of my question, I'm asking if it's impossible for God to exist, be real, be true.

Most Christians posit a fairly well defined, but highly self contradictory god, so possible but not very possible.  Maybe one chance in billions.  If he's defined as a mist that permeates everything, but does not interact, the chances go up to "probably not."

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 11:06:42 AM
To be real is to be actually existing and not imagined.

Without empirical evidence, a god can only be imagined.  There is no other way to claim his existence.

This is why theists all point to some sort of woo as a proof substitute.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 02:45:25 PM
If you could be wrong about everything you claim to know, then you can't know anything. If you can't know anything you can't know what I do or do not know.

Quibbles. Did you swallow a Jesuit or something?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on October 14, 2016, 02:59:18 PM
I think I have my thoughts.

And I think you think you have a point in there somewhere. But I don't think you do.

More absurdity, further proving my point. If you wish to choose absurdity you are free to do so. Wisdom belongs to Jesus and if you wish to find understanding, ask of God.

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 14, 2016, 03:06:34 PM
Quibbles. Did you swallow a Jesuit or something?

A you certain that it's "quibbles" or could you be wrong about that?

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: SGOS on October 14, 2016, 03:00:21 PM
Most Christians posit a fairly well defined, but highly self contradictory god, so possible but not very possible.  Maybe one chance in billions.  If he's defined as a mist that permeates everything, but does not interact, the chances go up to "probably not."

Without empirical evidence, a god can only be imagined.  There is no other way to claim his existence.

This is why theists all point to some sort of woo as a proof substitute.

Evidence presupposes truth. What is truth?

SGOS

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 03:10:46 PM
Evidence presupposes truth. What is truth?

Truth can not be determined without evidence.

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: SGOS on October 14, 2016, 03:17:22 PM
Truth can not be determined without evidence.

I'm not asking how you determine truth. I'm asking what is truth. Truth is what corresponds to reality right?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 03:09:36 PM
A you certain that it's "quibbles" or could you be wrong about that?

A me don't make typos.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 14, 2016, 03:27:47 PM
A me don't make typos.

Ok so your absolutely certain... how do you know that?

Mike Cl

Quote from: alexxmedeiros on October 14, 2016, 01:23:55 PM
I see you ignored the part where I expose your self refuting argument about absolutes.

I'm here because I want to expose to you the folly of the atheistic worldview.

Everyone has presuppositions including you and I can point them out to you if you are unaware of them.

The problem is not whether or not we have presuppositions but if they are true or not.

You are about as dumb as a stump, aren't you?  You are going to 'expose' the folly of the atheistic worldview????  My, what a blowhard you are.  You are going to disprove my world view using your fictitious world view.  You have offered not one fact to support your fiction.  You ask the same question over and over even when it is answered.  And you would not know a fact if you saw one.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

alexxmedeiros

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 14, 2016, 03:40:46 PM
You are about as dumb as a stump, aren't you?  You are going to 'expose' the folly of the atheistic worldview????  My, what a blowhard you are.  You are going to disprove my world view using your fictitious world view.  You have offered not one fact to support your fiction.  You ask the same question over and over even when it is answered.  And you would not know a fact if you saw one.

That's exactly what happened. You literally told me that you absolutely do not believe in absolutes.

Do you see the problem there?

The proof of my position is that without God you are reduced to absurdity, which we see when you claim "there are absolutely no absolutes."

But again my question is "How do you know anything to be true?" You don't.